Where do you buy your pellets?

Author Topic: Where do you buy your pellets?  (Read 685 times))

Offline Mole2017

• Squirrel Researcher
  • Expert
Re: Where do you buy your pellets?
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2019, 10:47:41 PM »
I just got some from eBay. The vendor (hunting_depot) claimed to be careful about wrapping tins and they did do ok. Four 500-count tins of JSBs (which come with tape around the can), stacked 2x2, wrapped in priority mail bubble envelope, the boxed, and more bubble envelope. Good price too; worked out to $9.75 per tin, delivered.
  • Pendleton, SC
Gamo CFX .177 and .22, old style triggers
BSA R10 MK2 .177
Crosman 1377

Offline VaporTrail

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2019, 02:13:33 AM »
Almost $100.00 for shipping? Yikes!

Yes sir...nearly 100 bucks.  :( Last time I checked, robbery was a crime.  ???  For giggles, try putting 3 tins of pellets in your cart and then use 96913 as your zip code to estimate shipping. I'm not too sure if there's a faster way to pass gas.

Krale...are they in Germany? Or do they have a US distributor? Honestly...it's such a hassle to get things out here that I almost want to quit the sport completely. I have easier access to firearms. :rolleyeicon:

EDIT: I just checked, and they are in the Nederlands.  :o

Guess I'll have to bite the bullet and start ordering stuff from Europe.  :-\

Edit II: Nope, I guess not. 3kg package is 56 bucks. Ouch.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 02:45:28 AM by VaporTrail »
  • Guam, USA

Offline VaporTrail

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2019, 02:17:06 AM »
At 100 for shipping you may be able to cast your own cheaper.

I actually want to get into this, but it's almost as much of a mystery to me as is modifying valve stems, transfer ports, valve IDs and the like.

And both are equally dangerous. I can either blow off my eyebrows with a messed up valve or turn into the second coming of Ghostrider with casting and swageing (spelling?).
  • Guam, USA

Offline VaporTrail

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2019, 02:18:19 AM »
I just got some from eBay. The vendor (hunting_depot) claimed to be careful about wrapping tins and they did do ok. Four 500-count tins of JSBs (which come with tape around the can), stacked 2x2, wrapped in priority mail bubble envelope, the boxed, and more bubble envelope. Good price too; worked out to $9.75 per tin, delivered.

Thanks for the tip. I'll see if they can ship out here. Hopefully they don't think that "out here" is on the moon and charge me accordingly.  :-\
  • Guam, USA

Offline Paulus

• Sharp Shooter
  • pop goes the rattus rattus
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2019, 01:05:33 AM »
Try needfulthings on ebay, thats Dave at Alchemy AirWerks a forum vendor. He has been very handy for me. He also packs them well.
  • The dry side of Washington State.
A very pleasantly surprised member of the Daisy 880 club. Between my typing and auto correct I cant communicate.

If you havent tried RWS pellets in a while give them a try.

Offline profsrgary

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2019, 01:05:03 PM »
I shoot a lot of H and N pellets. All come from Pyramid Air except for an occasional buy from Walmart. Every once in a while I will find H and N FTT 5.53 head size on sale online for a little over $11 for a 500 tin. Free shipping for a $35 purchase. When I get them they have paperwork from Venturi Air and are packed the same as the pellets I get from Pyramid. Black foam in a box that fits perfectly. All other H and N pellets at Walmart are overpriced as are these at the present time.
  • USA, PA, Dover

Offline BobinAz

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2019, 02:54:54 PM »
 Combatprep.com. $5 flat rate shipping.  5% off Presidents day sale right now. I received my first order from them this week. 2 pellet tins and a coffee mug (Umarex) all in bubble wrap, so I made another order. 6 rws field line 22cal & 4 rws field line 177 cal with the 5% off better price than the buy 3 get 1 free stores.
  • Prescott, AZ, USA

Offline nced

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2019, 04:37:20 PM »
Aloha,  Just returned from the post office with my box from Amazon.  Ordered 2 tins of JSB Match Diabolo Exact King MKII Heavy .25 Cal, 33.95 Grains, Domed, 300ct for my Mrod.   One tin smashed, open and all the pellets escaped except about 20 rattling in the box.  The other tin was dented up pretty badly so didn't bother to salvage any.  The box was definitely too large and the bubble pack popped.  Since I live in Hawaii, haven't found any shops that carry them.  Really want to try them out on the feral pigs tearing up my yard.

Normally I order from the Pyramyd Air "buy 4 pay for 3" deal. PA packs pellets very well like this...........

I do have to mention however that there was one dented tin out of the last "4 tin order" and the dented tin had a few pellets with "squished skirts"........

I measured the heads of this "4 tin order" of 8.4 grain 4.52mm Air Arms domes and got a consistent 4.51mm reading on my digital caliper which is really good so I took the time to run all 4 tins of pellets through my home made 4.50mm die and all pellets had heads large enough to be swaged slightly when sizing. I noticed one tin was dented when sizing the pellets and getting an abnormal amount of damaged pellets from the tin. Considering how PA packs pellets for shipment I'm pretty sure the tin was dented when packed instead of during shipment. Kinda looks like the tin was dropped and then packed for shipment anyway, however this is the first "dented tin" I've received from PA. 

Offline Airnut

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2019, 04:55:10 PM »
I have also gotten bad pellets from PA!
There is no doubt in my mine that they were damaged before packing.
This has happened the last two orders I had. Makes me wonder if they pass off damaged tins as your free tin when you order buy3 get one free?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 05:00:36 PM by Airnut »
  • USA. Yorktown va.
Gamo Urban
Ruger Air magnum
Stoeger x-50
Crosman Storm xl
Hatsan Mod25 vortex Supercharger
Crosman Vigilante

Offline SSG Grampo

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2019, 05:17:31 PM »
I used to get everything from PA. Now that I have RWS 34P twins (.177 & .22) they both like Crosman Premier Hollowpoints best. Those I get at Walmart of the shelf usually $5.99 per 500 tin. NO shipping , NO dents, Same day delivery. Also my CO2 Pistols like Crosman Destroyer pellets  also a good price , usually $2.99 per 250 tin. My M-14 also  likes CPHP best. So I'm lucky that half of my Airguns pellets can be purchased locally  @ Walmart.
  • Massachusetts
BSA Polaris .177
RWS Hammerli 850 .177
Walther Lever Action
Winchester M-14
Hatsan 100x .177                                                 
Walther CP99
Baretta PX4 Storm                                                 
RWS Diana 34P .177 & .22
Browning Leverage .177

Offline nced

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2019, 05:25:21 PM »
I have also gotten bad pellets from PA!
There is no doubt in my mine that they were damaged before packing.
This has happened the last two orders I had. Makes me wonder if they pass off damaged tins as your free tin when you order buy3 get one free?

Hummm....pass the damaged tins on as the free one?

Anywhoo......not a biggie with my damaged tin because only 9 pellets had squished skirts. LOL.....I found this in one of my die lot marked and dated 7.9 grain Crosman Premier boxes. LOL.......me thinks that the CPL on the left happened at Crosman)  :o........

Offline Airnut

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2019, 08:41:14 PM »
yikes......ya think lol
  • USA. Yorktown va.
Gamo Urban
Ruger Air magnum
Stoeger x-50
Crosman Storm xl
Hatsan Mod25 vortex Supercharger
Crosman Vigilante

Offline Yogi

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2019, 12:03:05 AM »
I find Air Arms pellets to be extremely soft.  Probably the only pellet that if I drop it on hard ground, I do not use it.
Skirts very easily bent.

-Y
  • San Francisco, CA
Hatsan 95 Vortex, .22
RWS 6G, .177
RWS LP8 Magnum, .177
Diana 340 N-Tec, .22 Compact Lexus
HW 50S, .177 and/or .22

Offline VaporTrail

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2019, 06:52:51 PM »
I find Air Arms pellets to be extremely soft.  Probably the only pellet that if I drop it on hard ground, I do not use it.
Skirts very easily bent.

-Y

well now this is interesting. I've been reading that the AA pellets are pretty decent accuracy-wise...but I was curious about the hardness. Thanks for answering that question!

Still though...I'm sure it'd make an awesome pesting round.
  • Guam, USA

Offline nced

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2019, 08:41:41 PM »
Skirts very easily bent.

-Y
The 4.52mm 8.4 grain Air Arms domes and the 4.52mm 8.4 grain JSB Exacts are from the same Czech factory, however Air Arms supplies the dies for their pellets.

These pics of damaged and undamaged AA domes seem to have thicker skirts than the H&N Sniper mediums and lights (I don't have any JSBs to compare)..........

The H&N Snipers. LOL....the Sniper Lights even have an "L" pressed inside the skirt........

GTA - What's been your success with air gun target practice?

Sponsored Ad: