Wood Grip tool question.

Author Topic: Wood Grip tool question.  (Read 106 times))

Offline humblegeo

  • Shooter
  • *
  • Posts: 3
  • yes
  • Real Name: Larry
Wood Grip tool question.
« on: December 31, 2018, 01:19:39 PM »
What tool is used to shave off wood on a grip as shown in the example. A router?? and if it's a router I need then what is the minimum I could get away with, a small fixed router with adjustable table type?  Appreciate any help and suggestions.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 01:33:53 PM by humblegeo »
  • Humble, TX, USA

Offline Gipper

  • Marksman
  • ***
  • Posts: 436
  • Real Name: Brian
Re: Wood Grip tool question.
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 03:10:40 PM »
A router was certainly used to make those cuts and it would not need to be a very powerful one either as you are removing a small amount of material.  Dremel with a router attachment would suffice.

Another option would be to make thin spacers to make up the cut out piece and glue them to the grips.

  • Belleville, IL.
HW50S .177 - Rob Hawkins tuned
HW30s .177 - Vortek Kit
T01 Diana 34 .22 - Vortek Kit
Custom Crosman 1377 Carbine
Crosman Custom Shop 2240kt .177 - Boss Valve and Bulk fill
Bam B50 .177 - Mike Mellick tuned
AR2079 .177 - HPA
QB78D with target sights - 12gr carts.
AR2078  CARBINE - Bulk Fill
Bottle Fed Disco - .177
BSA R10 MKII - .177

How do you word it... "Air Guns" or "AirGuns"?
Sponsored Ad:

Sponsored Ad: