Interest in a SW Missouri shoot?

Author Topic: Interest in a SW Missouri shoot?  (Read 3820 times))

Offline Lobo

• Shooter
  • yes
Re: Interest in a SW Missouri shoot?
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2017, 09:50:17 PM »
Well as we approach closer to this weekend it's unfortunately looking like I won't be able to make it after all. I was really hoping to be able to go shoot, but you know how it goes with work and bills. Hope everyone still has a fun time.

That is too bad, but I understand completely! Hopefully we can shoot together sometime.

Lobo
  • Schell City,  MO

Offline Lobo

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2017, 09:52:00 PM »
I forgot to mention time. I was thinking about 10 am for meeting up and getting started. That gives me time to hit the store for the meat. If that works for everyone?

Lobo
  • Schell City,  MO

Offline Lobo

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2017, 11:03:49 AM »
Or would it be better for everyone if we reschedule the shoot?

Lobo
  • Schell City,  MO

Offline mobilemail

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2017, 03:48:53 PM »
It doesn't look like I'm going to make it.  I just got back within the hour from Eastern NE and KS, and Monday I take off again for SE Kansas/SW MO. I'm travelled out!  (I could have just about stayed on the west side of the state for the weekend, but my wife would miss me....)
  • Greene County IL 62016
Hey Daystate, FX, Air Arms and BSA - we need those left handed rifles!!!

Offline Lobo

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2017, 10:11:12 PM »
It doesn't look like I'm going to make it.  I just got back within the hour from Eastern NE and KS, and Monday I take off again for SE Kansas/SW MO. I'm travelled out!  (I could have just about stayed on the west side of the state for the weekend, but my wife would miss me....)

I understand!! You are a lucky man!

I will plan on rescheduling, then. New thread coming!!

Lobo
  • Schell City,  MO

Offline Maverick DoorGunner

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2017, 01:08:19 PM »

I understand!! You are a lucky man!

I will plan on rescheduling, then. New thread coming!!

Lobo
Lobo,
Sorry for not responding to your posts... was out of state for about a week, just got back yesterday and have been busy with trying to fix my wifes car... miss firing under acceleration and on hills, and my pickup (GMC Duramax) decided to start leaking coolant the night before we left, and was going to take that.... first leak of any kind since new in 2002, and over 300K on the clock.

Have been up most of last night til now working on the car, hoping to take it to your place for the shoot... and now I see your re-scheduling it, which is Great!!..... now I will have time to be able to get both our vehicles fixed, and Not miss the shoot.... am a "happy camper" now.   ;D

Talk to you soon, Lobo...
Jim
  • Stockton, MO. (area)
"CO2"

.177 &.22 Cals.
QB78 - QB78S(2ea.) - AR2078 - Benji 2260MB - Cross.1077 & 2240.

"Multi-Pumps"

.177 .20 & .22 Cals.
Various Dans,Benji's & Crossmans

"SPRINGER's"

.177 Cal.
Xisico XS12 - Diana 48 & 54 - Weihrauch HW57

.20 Cal.
Weihrauch HW97 KT

.22 Cal.
Xisico XS25FSB, B26-2, B3,4&5 (ALL MM Tuned), Diana 48(MM Tuned) & 460 Mag, Weihrauch HW80, Walther Terrus & Parrus

.25 Cal.
XS28M (MM Tuned) - Diana 52 (Fully-self tuned).

"PCP's"

.177 .22 & .25 Cal.
XS60, 2-Disco's & Mrod

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2017, 01:37:18 PM »
Or would it be better for everyone if we reschedule the shoot?

Lobo
PS: Lobo, It's Sat. (Sept.30) at 11:12am.... just posted you a reply a few minutes ago and forgot to tell you that our trip was to Iowa... we went up to Mike Melick's (flyingdragonairrifles.org and world renowned tuner & seller of Chinese Airguns and well known on the forums and elsewhere) for a visit with he and his wife, as we usually do once or twice a year. While there, we built some new shelving for his new prefab "mini-barn" that he bought for extra storage space for new guns and parts.

I came home with Four (4) more, new air rifles (one was "New" the other three were Mikes and all Fully tuned and tweaked)..... "you can't have just One" ya know!!  ;D

I also picked up a few more Steel "reaction" targets along the way, here and there as well..... can't have "just One" of them, either... you know!!  ;).

Will call or text you soon.... have a great day/weekend.
Jim
  • Stockton, MO. (area)
"CO2"

.177 &.22 Cals.

"Multi-Pumps"

.177 .20 & .22 Cals.

"SPRINGER's"

.177 Cal.

.20 Cal.
Weihrauch HW97 KT

.22 Cal.
Xisico XS25FSB, B26-2, B3,4&5 (ALL MM Tuned), Diana 48(MM Tuned) & 460 Mag, Weihrauch HW80, Walther Terrus & Parrus

.25 Cal.

"PCP's"

.177 .22 & .25 Cal.
XS60, 2-Disco's & Mrod

Offline Ragboat

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2017, 12:24:46 PM »
Did this get together ever happen? There must be several of us in and near Springfield that would have a good time if we had some kind of a fun shoot. If there is still any interest let me know or could be just a couple of us meet somewhere. I do some shooting in my backyard but may not be to good for a group.
George
  • Springfield Mo.
QB78 D MMFT
Vigilante
Ruger Blackhawk
1300KT
2400KT
P 17
Beeman R7
Beeman R9 MM Tuned

Offline mobilemail

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2017, 01:56:29 PM »
This one didn't happen because there were folks that had last minute stuff come up - I was one.  But Lobo said he was going to set another date, so keep your eyes open!!
  • Greene County IL 62016
Hey Daystate, FX, Air Arms and BSA - we need those left handed rifles!!!

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2017, 11:02:48 PM »
Lobo....

Are you still "alive"??  Haven't heard "boo" from you since Sept. 29th... send me a text or answer on here.  Hope all is going well for you. 

My wife and I will be going right past the road to your town, tomorrow morning on our way to Nevada(Missouri).... give us a heads up when you can... so we all know your still around.

Take care..... do still come this way over Stockton Lake?
Jim
  • Stockton, MO. (area)
"CO2"

.177 &.22 Cals.

"Multi-Pumps"

.177 .20 & .22 Cals.

"SPRINGER's"

.177 Cal.

.20 Cal.
Weihrauch HW97 KT

.22 Cal.

.25 Cal.

"PCP's"

.177 .22 & .25 Cal.
XS60, 2-Disco's & Mrod

Offline Lobo

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2017, 07:48:02 AM »
Hey Jim!

Sorry to hear about your vehicle troubles! Hope you got them lined out. I have been dealing with a rash of vehicle problems, myself. Motor on the car went south and had to get another vehicle. Have been having issues with the new (to me) vehicle and have been trying to get it lined out.

Sorry to everyone that things have kept me away from here.  I keep hoping things will slow down so that I can try to set up a shoot, although its looking like it might be a chilly one!

On a positive note, I now have water! So that will be one less issue when it finally happens.

I will try to post again very soon.

I will shoot you a text in the next day or two, Jim.

Sorry again for the delay

Lobo
  • Schell City,  MO

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2017, 02:32:39 AM »
Hey Jim!

Sorry to hear about your vehicle troubles! Hope you got them lined out. I have been dealing with a rash of vehicle problems, myself. Motor on the car went south and had to get another vehicle. Have been having issues with the new (to me) vehicle and have been trying to get it lined out.

Sorry to everyone that things have kept me away from here.  I keep hoping things will slow down so that I can try to set up a shoot, although its looking like it might be a chilly one!

On a positive note, I now have water! So that will be one less issue when it finally happens.

I will try to post again very soon.

I will shoot you a text in the next day or two, Jim.

Sorry again for the delay

Lobo
Hey Lobo,

Now it's MY turn to apologize for the delay.... WHERE?!!? does the time go?  I've got both my vehicles all sorted out now... actually, neither one turn out to be very major at all... well, the water pump on my Duramax was a real pain to get at, but it's done now, and everything is good.... actually better, I decided to change both thermostats on the engine while I was into it, and one of them was stuck Open, which I had a suspicion that at least one of them was, as it would take forever to warm up, and then it never would get up to where it should have been, so now it's running about 20 - 25 degrees hotter.

It's probably getting late in the year now for any chance of a shoot... guess it would depend on how "badly" the guys really want to get together for a shoot, and how cold... is "cold".  ;D   I have a contact number from a fellow in Springfield who wants to meet up, just to get acquainted, at least and is an airgun enthusiast.... and retired, like me.... I need to call him back, I've talked to him once so far, just briefly... and we decided I would call him next time I was in Springfield, and we (my wife and I) could meet up somewhere with he and his wife for lunch or something, but I've been into Springfield twice now, since then... and neither time gave us any opportunity (time) to call him, so will have to get in touch with him SOON, again... so he at least knows that I haven't forgotten him.

Right now my wife and I are both "fighting" a cold or something we both caught last weekend... somewhere in Springfield I guess... we both came down with whatever it is at the same time.. almost to the hour on Sunday.   First time I've been sick with anything in nearly 6 years... which seems to be about right for me, I usually go from 4 to as long as 11+ years without anything.

We were supposed to spend Thanksgiving (today...err, yesterday, now) with a buddy of mine and his wife that I flew with in VN during my last couple of years there... but with whatever it is we got, that didn't happen.  >:(

Hope you got to spend Thanksgiving with friends or family and didn't have to work or anything.

If you still have my ph. number... send me a text, so I know that you do... will try and call you, if that's ok(??).

Take care Lobo, hope we can connect one day in the near future.
Jim

PS: Not sure how the letter color got changed from Navy to black.. oh well,  anyway... forgot to say that I'm glad for you that you now have your water hooked up.... you must be happy with that.  It's good to have water... handy.  :D
  • Stockton, MO. (area)
"CO2"

.177 &.22 Cals.

"Multi-Pumps"

.177 .20 & .22 Cals.

"SPRINGER's"

.177 Cal.

.20 Cal.
Weihrauch HW97 KT

.22 Cal.

.25 Cal.

"PCP's"

.177 .22 & .25 Cal.
XS60, 2-Disco's & Mrod

GTA - The best place for discussion about Air Guns.

Sponsored Ad: