Interest in a SW Missouri shoot?

Author Topic: Interest in a SW Missouri shoot?  (Read 3840 times))

Offline Lobo

• Shooter
  • yes
Re: Interest in a SW Missouri shoot?
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2017, 06:33:23 PM »
Hello everyone!!!

Sorry for being absent! I took a job, and they have been bouncing my hours around, not to mention OT.

But yes, Sept 30 is a go. EVERYONE is welcome, regardless of experience, etc. I am still an amateur when it comes to airguns, and only have 2 or 3 myself.

As for the ranges, that is pretty open. This job has slowed my down cleaning up my place, but we have a couple of alternate sites that we can use.

I will do better about updates and keeping you all posted!

More soon....

Lobo
  • Schell City,  MO

Offline mobilemail

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2017, 06:54:05 PM »
Cool!   ;D
  • Greene County IL 62016
Hey Daystate, FX, Air Arms and BSA - we need those left handed rifles!!!

Offline Maverick DoorGunner

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2017, 04:08:15 AM »
I sure will do my best to make the shoot. I don't know anyone around here into airguns, so I am just kind of trying figure out things myself.

George (nomadgd),

Did you read my reply to you?.... you didn't address it in your most recent post here, or directly back to my message box.   I sent you a direct message to your own message box... did you get it?.... or do you know to access it?   When you sign in, there should've been a pop-up telling you that you have a message (or messages) in your box... just click on "my messages" in the header bar just below the top of the page.

Anyway.... I said, or rather suggested that perhaps we could meet somewhere for lunch or whatever and get acquainted and do some "bench shooting" (similar to "bench racing" - meaning, talk shop about our common hobby / interest, in this case... airguns).   Are you married, or have a girlfriend?... if either, does "she" have an interest in shooting as well?    I am married, and my wife has taken a keen interest in airguns as well and she has about a half dozen or so assorted air rifles and CO2 revolvers of her own now including her newest Walther Terrus - .22 cal... so if you are, and "she" is also, maybe the four of us could get together.     

We live east/southeast of you... just a bit south of Stockton,  or about 45min to 1hr drive from Nevada, depending on which way I go there... anyway, would be great to meet up and get acquainted... and take it from there in getting together to do some shooting.  Nevada is obviously not far,  and I love driving to wherever... so let me know what works for you, and we'll make it happen.

Let me know your thoughts on all that.   Take care, and hopefully will hear back from you, soon as you can.
Jim

PS: If by any chance you're "into" slingshot shooting, crossbow pistols and/or, blowguns.... we're into them as well.... pretty well anything that launches a projectile.... within reason anyway. ;D ::)
  • Stockton, MO. (area)
"CO2"

.177 &.22 Cals.
QB78 - QB78S(2ea.) - AR2078 - Benji 2260MB - Cross.1077 & 2240.

"Multi-Pumps"

.177 .20 & .22 Cals.
Various Dans,Benji's & Crossmans

"SPRINGER's"

.177 Cal.
Xisico XS12 - Diana 48 & 54 - Weihrauch HW57

.20 Cal.
Weihrauch HW97 KT

.22 Cal.
Xisico XS25FSB, B26-2, B3,4&5 (ALL MM Tuned), Diana 48(MM Tuned) & 460 Mag, Weihrauch HW80, Walther Terrus & Parrus

.25 Cal.
XS28M (MM Tuned) - Diana 52 (Fully-self tuned).

"PCP's"

.177 .22 & .25 Cal.
XS60, 2-Disco's & Mrod

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2017, 04:42:25 AM »
Hello everyone!!!

Sorry for being absent! I took a job, and they have been bouncing my hours around, not to mention OT.

But yes, Sept 30 is a go. EVERYONE is welcome, regardless of experience, etc. I am still an amateur when it comes to airguns, and only have 2 or 3 myself.

As for the ranges, that is pretty open. This job has slowed my down cleaning up my place, but we have a couple of alternate sites that we can use.

More soon....

Lobo
Hey Lobo,
Sounds Great!!.... I have the 30th circled for the shoot, really looking forward to it,  haven't been to a shoot since spring of last year!!... went with "Doc" and a few other guys from the NASA club over to the East Tulsa Gun Club, which has a 30 Meter indoor shoot every Thursday night... and it's open to whoever wants to show up... there's usually anywhere from a dozen to 20 - 25 folks (locals, regulars) that show up there, and I have a card from the groups founder (84 yrs young and one of the nicest guys you'd ever want to meet) with a standing, open invite to come, anytime we want.... maybe some of us, could get together sometime, and take a cruise over there, all I need to do is call ahead, to let them know how many are coming and also to be sure there are no cancellations, day or time changes, first... they usually start at 6pm and go til 9 or 9:30pm (even,10pm), depending on how many actually show up... sometimes the wives show up to shoot as well, and a few single gals to.. from what we were told, a few of the gals are members of the Gun Club as well.

Anyway... stay in touch, and let Me (my message box) know ahead of time, Lobo... whenever you might be in the Stockton area, and I'll come and hook up with you.... as I said in my message to Your "message box"... when I replied back to you... did you get it?   Never heard back from ya.   Anyway, don't work Too hard, keep us all posted. ;D

Jim
  • Stockton, MO. (area)
"CO2"

.177 &.22 Cals.

"Multi-Pumps"

.177 .20 & .22 Cals.

"SPRINGER's"

.177 Cal.

.20 Cal.
Weihrauch HW97 KT

.22 Cal.
Xisico XS25FSB, B26-2, B3,4&5 (ALL MM Tuned), Diana 48(MM Tuned) & 460 Mag, Weihrauch HW80, Walther Terrus & Parrus

.25 Cal.

"PCP's"

.177 .22 & .25 Cal.
XS60, 2-Disco's & Mrod

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2017, 07:14:05 AM »
Hello everyone!!!

More soon....

Lobo
Hey Lobo,
Sounds Great!!.... I have the 30th circled for the shoot, really looking forward to it,  haven't been to a shoot since spring of last year!!... went with "Doc" and a few other guys from the NASA club over to the East Tulsa Gun Club, which has a 30 Meter indoor shoot every Thursday night... and it's open to whoever wants to show up... there's usually anywhere from a dozen to 20 - 25 folks (locals, regulars) that show up there, and I have a card from the groups founder (84 yrs young and one of the nicest guys you'd ever want to meet) with a standing, open invite to come, anytime we want.... maybe some of us, could get together sometime, and take a cruise over there, all I need to do is call ahead, to let them know how many are coming and also to be sure there are no cancellations, day or time changes, first... they usually start at 6pm and go til 9 or 9:30pm (even,10pm), depending on how many actually show up... sometimes the wives show up to shoot as well, and a few single gals to.. from what we were told, a few of the gals are members of the Gun Club as well.

Anyway... stay in touch, and let Me (my message box) know ahead of time, Lobo... whenever you might be in the Stockton area, and I'll come and hook up with you.... as I said in my message to Your "message box"... when I replied back to you... did you get it?   Never heard back from ya.   Anyway, don't work Too hard, keep us all posted. ;D

Jim
Ooops, I told a couple of "lies" in my reply here, last night.... 1) It's NOT the "East Tulsa Gun Cub".... and 2) They do NOT have a "30 Meter" indoor range.

Correction.... 1) It's the Capital Oil Rod and Gun Club (In East Tulsa), and the Airgun Shoot has been going on there for 16 years, this year! Good for them, that"s Great that they've been shooting together for that long and still going.
2) it's a 10 Meter range (makes more sense!!) they have... Not 30 Meters!  :-[

Have a great rest of the week and weekend,
Jim
  • Stockton, MO. (area)
"CO2"

.177 &.22 Cals.

"Multi-Pumps"

.177 .20 & .22 Cals.

"SPRINGER's"

.177 Cal.

.20 Cal.
Weihrauch HW97 KT

.22 Cal.

.25 Cal.

"PCP's"

.177 .22 & .25 Cal.
XS60, 2-Disco's & Mrod

Offline mobilemail

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2017, 08:50:32 AM »
Thanks for coming clean.  ;D

I wont make that on this trip.

I havent been by Shane's Friday morning shoot in a while. Work complicates these things.
  • Greene County IL 62016
Hey Daystate, FX, Air Arms and BSA - we need those left handed rifles!!!

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2017, 12:18:15 AM »
Thanks for coming clean.  ;D

I won't make that on this trip.

I haven't been by Shane's Friday morning shoot in a while. Work complicates these things.
Hello there... sorry for the delay in answering, haven't been on here for a bit.. my apology. You're sure on the road a lot... trucking?  Sales?..... door to door airgun sales? lol  ;D   
 Are you still thinking of making the shoot at Lobo's on the 30th?.... IF, it happens?   Seems like nothing is for sure anymore,  as far as folks doing things together,  seems like there's always "something" to come along to mess it up these days.

I need to give Shane a call on of these days and see if they're even still gathering on Friday mornings for their shoot... would love to go again, even if it is about a 4 hour drive each way... it was worth it for us,  heck.. they even had a "2nd" shoot on Saturday morning in our honor just for us coming all that way... and we really appreciated Shane and the guys (and a few wives) who made it back for doing that... what a great bunch of guys (& gals) over there.

Well, it's getting late.. so will sign off for now... take care out there on the road... and don't forget,  if ever you're on I-44, east or west bound.... let me know ahead of time, and we can meet (if it works for you) at Hood's Truck Stop (exit 61), and get to shake hands with each other.   Would love to do that... just need a little - advanced notice,  perhaps a day, or two if that is possible for you to do.

Talk to you, soon...
Take care,
Jim
  • Stockton, MO. (area)
"CO2"

.177 &.22 Cals.

"Multi-Pumps"

.177 .20 & .22 Cals.

"SPRINGER's"

.177 Cal.

.20 Cal.
Weihrauch HW97 KT

.22 Cal.

.25 Cal.

"PCP's"

.177 .22 & .25 Cal.
XS60, 2-Disco's & Mrod

Offline Ozarkairgunner

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2017, 10:37:28 PM »
Back to the OP for a moment, it's looking like the wife and I should be able to make it up for the 30th unless something changes between now and then.
  • Harrisburg, AR

Offline Lobo

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2017, 04:41:48 PM »
Back to the OP for a moment, it's looking like the wife and I should be able to make it up for the 30th unless something changes between now and then.

Fantastic!!! Will be great if you guys can make it!
  • Schell City,  MO

Offline Lobo

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2017, 04:44:15 PM »
Hello everyone!!!

More soon....

Lobo
Hey Lobo,

Jim

Hey Jim,

I got your message, but I am doing all my online stuff on my phone and it's kind of a pain, not to mention work and obligations have been keeping me way too busy! So I thought I would answer everything when we meet up.
  • Schell City,  MO

Offline Lobo

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2017, 04:51:50 PM »
Ok, about the shoot!!

All is looking good, just taking me longer than I planned!

As this is my first time hosting a shoot, it will be VERY informal. Just a fun shoot, really. I am working on a few more pellet traps for safety. I have some printed targets, and will have more before the shoot.

I am open to any suggestions, as you all seem to have much more experience in this venue than myself!

As far as shooting distances, I should be able to get out to 30-40 yards. However, I do have access to longer distances, if everyone is interested.

I will try my best to update with more information when I get home this evening. Sure looking forward to the shoot, and hope I don't disappoint!!!!

Lobo
  • Schell City,  MO

Offline Ozarkairgunner

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2017, 07:20:08 AM »
I'll bring some paintballs, spinners, and little green army guys and plastic dinos for some additional targets.
  • Harrisburg, AR

Offline Lobo

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2017, 12:10:08 AM »
I'll bring some paintballs, spinners, and little green army guys and plastic dinos for some additional targets.

That would be great, thank you!!!
  • Schell City,  MO

Offline Lobo

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2017, 12:13:01 AM »
I will pick up a few things to throw on the grill. Was thinking taters, brats, and some burgers. Does that sound ok to everyone?

Also, it is possible (not certain yet) that I will have potable water on site by the shoot. I am sure trying to get that done.
  • Schell City,  MO

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2017, 01:59:52 AM »
I will pick up a few things to throw on the grill. Was thinking taters, brats, and some burgers. Does that sound ok to everyone?

Also, it is possible (not certain yet) that I will have potable water on site by the shoot. I am sure trying to get that done.
Lobo,

Sorry, I'm a few days late on your latest post.... like you, I have been Busy around here.   Anyway, yes... the menu sounds ok, we can bring some chips to munch on to, if that's ok(?).

You mentioned potable water on site..... what about a bathroom in case of "need"?... my wife will be along as well.

Am thinking that you might want to post the directions to your place... or wherever it is you're hosting the shoot,  and the time you would like us there by as well, would be great.

Are we going to be doing any 10meter target shooting?..... "IF" so,  I will bring a couple of guns for that for my wife and I.... don't want to be blasting the stuffings out of any 10 meter targets if we can help it.  ;D

I have a new Walther Parrus (.22) with the Synthetic stock.. a beautiful gun, haven't even broken it in yet... need to clean it out first and lube it. IF... I can get that done and sight it in before the 30th, I'll bring it to the shoot... if not, will have to find something else or two to shoot.   I got a new Walther Terrus (.22) for my wife, but she hasn't shot it enough to actually "break it in" yet, either.   

She likes her Disco (.22)... light and no recoil, so might bring that for her.

Well.... talk to you again, soon.... reply back asap Lobo, and let me know your thoughts on my questions.

Have a great week.
Jim                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
  • Stockton, MO. (area)
"CO2"

.177 &.22 Cals.

"Multi-Pumps"

.177 .20 & .22 Cals.

"SPRINGER's"

.177 Cal.

.20 Cal.
Weihrauch HW97 KT

.22 Cal.

.25 Cal.

"PCP's"

.177 .22 & .25 Cal.
XS60, 2-Disco's & Mrod

Offline Bladeswitcher

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2017, 02:23:19 PM »
I might have been up for this if it were on a Sunday. I work six days a week so Sunday is about my only day to travel. Sounds like a good event and I hope you guys have a great time.

FWIW, I'm located in Jefferson City and happen to own 23 metal field targets. If somebody within about a two hour drive of Jefferson City is ever interested in setting up a shoot on a Sunday I may be able to provide my targets. We had an informal shoot last year and it went over well. I'd like to do something like that again but need to find the time and a place to host it.

• Jefferson City, MO

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2017, 09:09:00 PM »
Lobo,  Haven't heard from you for nearly three weeks now... everything still "on" for the 30th?.... weather permitting, of course.   If So, what time are we starting?  Also, I replied to your last post (Aug.29th) on here, on Sept. 6th.... please read it if you would, as I have some questions there for you... and would greatly appreciate a direct response to them on here.

Thanks,
Jim
  • Stockton, MO. (area)
"CO2"

.177 &.22 Cals.

"Multi-Pumps"

.177 .20 & .22 Cals.

"SPRINGER's"

.177 Cal.

.20 Cal.
Weihrauch HW97 KT

.22 Cal.

.25 Cal.

"PCP's"

.177 .22 & .25 Cal.
XS60, 2-Disco's & Mrod

Offline Ozarkairgunner

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2017, 08:47:44 AM »
Well as we approach closer to this weekend it's unfortunately looking like I won't be able to make it after all. I was really hoping to be able to go shoot, but you know how it goes with work and bills. Hope everyone still has a fun time.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 02:26:58 PM by Ozarkairgunner »
  • Harrisburg, AR

Offline Lobo

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2017, 01:16:13 PM »
Lobo,  Haven't heard from you for nearly three weeks now... everything still "on" for the 30th?.... weather permitting, of course.   If So, what time are we starting?  Also, I replied to your last post (Aug.29th) on here, on Sept. 6th.... please read it if you would, as I have some questions there for you... and would greatly appreciate a direct response to them on here.

Thanks,
Jim

Hey Jim,
  Sorry, it has been a crazy month. Yes, everything is a go for Saturday!
  I will post when I get home from work this evening and address your questions.

Thanks

Lobo
  • Schell City,  MO

Offline Lobo

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2017, 09:48:56 PM »

Lobo,

Sorry, I'm a few days late on your latest post.... like you, I have been Busy around here.   Anyway, yes... the menu sounds ok, we can bring some chips to munch on to, if that's ok(?).

You mentioned potable water on site..... what about a bathroom in case of "need"?... my wife will be along as well.

Am thinking that you might want to post the directions to your place... or wherever it is you're hosting the shoot,  and the time you would like us there by as well, would be great.

Are we going to be doing any 10meter target shooting?..... "IF" so,  I will bring a couple of guns for that for my wife and I.... don't want to be blasting the stuffings out of any 10 meter targets if we can help it.  ;D

I have a new Walther Parrus (.22) with the Synthetic stock.. a beautiful gun, haven't even broken it in yet... need to clean it out first and lube it. IF... I can get that done and sight it in before the 30th, I'll bring it to the shoot... if not, will have to find something else or two to shoot.   I got a new Walther Terrus (.22) for my wife, but she hasn't shot it enough to actually "break it in" yet, either.   

She likes her Disco (.22)... light and no recoil, so might bring that for her.

Well.... talk to you again, soon.... reply back asap Lobo, and let me know your thoughts on my questions.

Have a great week.
Jim                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Jim,

Sure, chips are fine!

As for range distances, we can sure set up a 10 meter range. Maybe a 30 yard next to it, if ya want?

Amenities. I got smacked by a couple of unforseen bills, so I will have bottled water available. There is a porta John a couple of blocks from my place. Or the "bushes" are always available.
  I will send you directions, or I can send my address if you use GPS.
  Can we get a role call in regards to who's attending, please?

Lobo
  • Schell City,  MO

GTA - What's been your success with air gun target practice?

Sponsored Ad: