values of airguns

Author Topic: values of airguns  (Read 36553 times))

Offline gapi

• Plinker
  • yes
Re: values of airguns
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2015, 12:02:14 PM »
I hear and agree with most all of the above.
What you feel and what you get is a dice roll, you just have to see if it will come, and what you will settle for.

What about guns tuned by reputable tuners like Paul Watts and such? From what I have seen in my very short time involved in the Air Gun social media world, they hold if not increase?
If you see them. It looks like if a person gets a well tuned gun he covets it pretty close in all but hard times.

Offline Booger

• Media
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Deceased
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2015, 08:19:49 PM »
What you feel and what you get is a dice roll, you just have to see if it will come, and what you will settle for.

What about guns tuned by reputable tuners like Paul Watts and such? From what I have seen in my very short time involved in the Air Gun social media world, they hold if not increase?
If you see them. It looks like if a person gets a well tuned gun he covets it pretty close in all but hard times.

Paul Watts rebuilt a CZ 631 for me and did a great job, I just took possession of a Gene tuned HW97K that is the best spring piston rifle I ever shot.
  • Rice, Texas
.177 Puffers
Daystate MK4
MROD Rocker tuned
Varmint F/S
.22 Puffers
Daystate Air Wolf MTC F/S $1865 + shipping & Ins
Jumpers:
.22 Diana K98
.22 Hatsan 95
.177 NP2 Upgrade Trigger F/S $175 Shipped

Heirloom:
.177 Pro Sport 12 FPE - Rowan Eng. set back trigger, alum trigger guard, adj butt pad, tuned with Maccari parts, refinished stock that is amazing.
Sun Optics 4-14X44  FFP really nice scope.

Offline Pappy

• Expert
  • Beware of the person with only one gun!
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2015, 09:09:31 PM »

Paul Watts rebuilt a CZ 631 for me and did a great job, I just took possession of a Gene tuned HW97K that is the best spring piston rifle I ever shot.

David, how much would you charge for an 880 tune?
Jesse, I challenge you, out to 80 yards .... my David tuned 880 vs your Gene tuned HW97K.  For pinks slips!

Pappy
  • Pittsburgh, PA

Offline DavidS

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2015, 09:17:31 PM »

Jesse, I challenge you, out to 80 yards .... my David tuned 880 vs your Gene tuned HW97K.  For pinks slips!

Pappy
Let me PM you on that.

Offline Booger

• Media
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Deceased
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2015, 09:28:54 PM »

Pappy

You need to challenge Joe, he is a better shot than me. :)
  • Rice, Texas
.177 Puffers
Daystate MK4
MROD Rocker tuned
Varmint F/S
.22 Puffers
Jumpers:
.22 Diana K98
.22 Hatsan 95

Heirloom:
.177 Pro Sport 12 FPE - Rowan Eng. set back trigger, alum trigger guard, adj butt pad, tuned with Maccari parts, refinished stock that is amazing.

Online Rocker1

• Executive Administrator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Addicted
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2015, 09:44:13 PM »
A 880 for a HW97  Kinda one sided price wise not a fair bet at all hahahaha!!!!  David
  • Eustis Florida
1ST CAV,1971 VIETNAM 11 BUSHBABY LRRP
I MISS MY FRIEND GENE
OLD GUYS PLAYING WITH BB GUNS NEVER GROW UP
lots parts and pieces for something
FX CROWN 22 AND 30 , 25 caliber
B50 25
varmit 177
varmit 22
Rws 34 22
bsa Lonestar 25
Benji 392
Crosman 140
crosman 1400
pp700 green
bsa 22
coyote 177
Rocker1 tuning and custom works
davidjfurr@outlook.com

Offline DavidS

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2015, 10:08:37 PM »
A 880 for a HW97  Kinda one sided price wise not a fair bet at all hahahaha!!!!  David

I agree, if it were me betting I would not accept the HW97 after I won.

Offline Booger

• Media
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Deceased
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2015, 10:13:17 PM »

If I lost the only pink slip I would get would be divorce papers with plenty of child support. LOL
  • Rice, Texas
.177 Puffers
Daystate MK4
MROD Rocker tuned
Varmint F/S
.22 Puffers
Jumpers:
.22 Diana K98
.22 Hatsan 95

Heirloom:

Offline DavidS

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2015, 10:16:37 PM »

If I lost the only pink slip I would get would be divorce papers with plenty of child support. LOL
:):)   I did not you had a Daisy 880 that is well tuned to shoot against someones HW97.  :):)
LOL

Offline Paul68

• Why in the heck did you move here? There's nothing out here!" They say. "EXACTLY" I say
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2015, 02:29:29 AM »
Quote from Regular Guy .25
"I always felt that they were under valued as well.  If i had a vintage benji or 'dan that shot hard and was still accurate, in fairly decent shape, it would take more than a couple hundred bucks for me to part with it.  And even then, I'd think twice about letting it go... only if i absolutely needed the money for something a whole lot more important."

I don't know if you watch the prices of vintage air guns but a nice Sheridan is bringing more than $200 and Benjamin 317, 312 and 342's in decent shape are bringing about the same. Even the 310 and 340's are bringing close to $200. The first and second generation 397 and 392's are a little behind but still $150-$175. I think it's a really good time to be collecting because there are still some good deals to be had and the payoff is really nice. The bottom line is they are getting hard to find and demand is going up.

Bryan

I sold the pressure holding and shooting 1966 SS below for 90$. I sold another for under $100. Also sold several blue streaks, a C9, all for well under $100 each. I've sold a lot of guns, many vintage. I GAVE away a 50's "Benjamin Franklin" Sheridan at the GTA funshoot to be given away as a door prize.

For me, what I will sell one for depends on what I got it for, what it is, its condition, and who I am selling it too. GTA members and AG fans will usually get a better deal from me. Everyday Joe's who just want to buy one to "play" with, I usually charge my normal price, mainly because I almost never see them again, and the fact that I even sold them a rifle means it probably wasn't anything I was worried about giving a proper home to. I wont even consider selling a desirable or historically valued vintage rifle to a non AG nut.

Basically, the value in these guns for me comes down to what I paid for it, to what it brings back to me in quality of life. If it feels right to hook someone up with a nice vintage rifle they've been dying to get their hands on, and I know it'll be appreciated and kept alive for another 30 years as a result, selling it cheap just isn't as big a deal as knowing I made someone's day.
  • North Carolina
Requisite Bragging List:
Flying DragonXS60C PCP
Flying Dragon Gas Ram XS46u
Mike Melick Tuned XS28M
Mike Melick Tuned AR2000 Jet
Ruger Air Hawk Self Tuned,
Beeman 1051 RS2 Self Tuned
StormXT Self Tuned

TF89 Self Tuned

Offline avator

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • Happiness is a warm airgun... -Lennon Modded-
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2015, 11:51:32 AM »
"I always felt that they were under valued as well.  If i had a vintage benji or 'dan that shot hard and was still accurate, in fairly decent shape, it would take more than a couple hundred bucks for me to part with it.  And even then, I'd think twice about letting it go... only if i absolutely needed the money for something a whole lot more important."

I don't know if you watch the prices of vintage air guns but a nice Sheridan is bringing more than $200 and Benjamin 317, 312 and 342's in decent shape are bringing about the same. Even the 310 and 340's are bringing close to $200. The first and second generation 397 and 392's are a little behind but still $150-$175. I think it's a really good time to be collecting because there are still some good deals to be had and the payoff is really nice. The bottom line is they are getting hard to find and demand is going up.

Bryan

I sold the pressure holding and shooting 1966 SS below for 90$. I sold another for under $100. Also sold several blue streaks, a C9, all for well under $100 each. I've sold a lot of guns, many vintage. I GAVE away a 50's "Benjamin Franklin" Sheridan at the GTA funshoot to be given away as a door prize.

For me, what I will sell one for depends on what I got it for, what it is, its condition, and who I am selling it too. GTA members and AG fans will usually get a better deal from me. Everyday Joe's who just want to buy one to "play" with, I usually charge my normal price, mainly because I almost never see them again, and the fact that I even sold them a rifle means it probably wasn't anything I was worried about giving a proper home to. I wont even consider selling a desirable or historically valued vintage rifle to a non AG nut.

Basically, the value in these guns for me comes down to what I paid for it, to what it brings back to me in quality of life. If it feels right to hook someone up with a nice vintage rifle they've been dying to get their hands on, and I know it'll be appreciated and kept alive for another 30 years as a result, selling it cheap just isn't as big a deal as knowing I made someone's day.
Well... the next time you feel like making someone's day............    yeah, you know...lol
  • From deep within the Rabbit Hole, Alabama
Favorite Everyday Shooters:
Sam Yang Sumatra 2500 carbine .25
Urban .22
AirMax Varmint w/ .22 CP-2 long barrel
AirMax Plinkster .177
CP1 .177 Mini Carbine
CP2 w/ .177 Varmint long barrel
XS-60C GenI .22
2-22XX Carbine HPA .177
2240 Stubby .22
Blaze NP .177
3-M/M Daisy 881
2-Mendoza RM377 .177
2-XS-12 .177
1-Hatsan 1000x .177 Carbine (Pvt. Stryker)
Various Others

AirMax Extreme MKII 4500 (for the tanks)
Vevor Basic. (for the road)
Vintage - too many to list

Offline bbv13

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2015, 12:47:26 PM »

Bryan

Well... the next time you feel like making someone's day............    yeah, you know...lol

Yeah, me too ;D

Bryan
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 12:50:40 PM by bbv13 »
  • NC

Offline Booger

• Media
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Deceased
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2015, 01:08:10 PM »
Sometimes the Value of a Airgun is not the same as the money you have in an air gun. I have a TX200MK3 .22 that I have $900 in not including glass, and I have a R1 & HW97K that I do not have near the dollars in. While all 3 are special and very good there is something very special about the R1 & HW97K that I can not put my finger on. So the value of a gun goes beyond dollars and cents. When you have picked up that special gun, you will know. :)
  • Rice, Texas
.177 Puffers
Daystate MK4
MROD Rocker tuned
Varmint F/S
.22 Puffers
Jumpers:
.22 Diana K98
.22 Hatsan 95

Heirloom:

Offline avator

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • Happiness is a warm airgun... -Lennon Modded-
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2015, 03:09:07 PM »
I found a Vigilante at the pawn shop for $10. It leaked the C02 out slowly as soon as you put it in. I bought the seal kit from Crosman for $15 and repaired it and it works great. I have 5 mags for it. Would I go to Walmart and buy one for $59?.... no    Would I take $59 for this one?... no   I don't need this one but, I don't need $59 either so it can just sit on the table over there and once in a while I'll pick it up and shoot it for giggles and lay it back down. Now on the other hand, if someone came along with an older wood and metal pumper gun that needed a little love, would I trade it?... ubetcha  ;)
  • From deep within the Rabbit Hole, Alabama
Favorite Everyday Shooters:
Sam Yang Sumatra 2500 carbine .25
Urban .22
AirMax Varmint w/ .22 CP-2 long barrel
AirMax Plinkster .177
CP1 .177 Mini Carbine
CP2 w/ .177 Varmint long barrel
XS-60C GenI .22
2-22XX Carbine HPA .177
2240 Stubby .22
Blaze NP .177
3-M/M Daisy 881
2-Mendoza RM377 .177
2-XS-12 .177
1-Hatsan 1000x .177 Carbine (Pvt. Stryker)
Various Others

AirMax Extreme MKII 4500 (for the tanks)
Vevor Basic. (for the road)
Vintage - too many to list

Offline K.O.

• Eternally Tinkering
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2015, 05:27:33 PM »
My next door Neighbor picked up a air rifle to give to me for $25 it needed a $2.50 reseal and a pin made to hold the barrel in the breech...

Turned out to be a U.S. Shooting Team Daisy 953 from Jan 1985(The first month they sold them)and it has a low serial #.  I have no idea what it is worth but to me it is priceless and will go to my youngest daughter. Even if it was not going to her I would not sell it, it would have to be a gift to the right person...

It has been one of those bonding things between Her and I... just can not put a price on that.

• The Great Northwest, United States, Washington
PC77 steel breech 18.7" barrel,  700 fps @ 15 & 755 @ 20 pumps with 7.4g Crosman points

1322 steel breech 14.5" barrel, 640-650 fps @ 22 pumps w/14.3g CPHP

1322 MLT steel breech 19" barrel, 682 fps @ 22 pumps w/14.3g CPHP,  13xx/66 hybrid

1322XLT 22" barrel, 700 fps  @ 11 pumps & 750 @ 16 w/14.3g CPHP,   13xx/2100 hybrid

MK-1322 steel breech 22" barrel, 750 fps @ 17 pumps & 805 @ 22 w/14.3g CPHP,   Mk-177/2240/13xx hybrid

U.S. Shooting Team 953  reduced valve, 525 fps w/ 7.4g points

Offline stickman

• Shooter
Re: values of airguns resale left-handed stock
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2015, 02:34:50 PM »
Left hand stocks-  I realize bought new, a left-handed stock typically costs more than the right-handed one.  But on the resale market does the left-hander  increase the price?
  • Banner Elk  NC

Offline Booger

• Media
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Deceased
Re: values of airguns resale left-handed stock
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2015, 03:53:25 PM »
Left hand stocks-  I realize bought new, a left-handed stock typically costs more than the right-handed one.  But on the resale market does the left-hander  increase the price?

Depends if the buyer is left handed or right handed. I am right handed so I would want to pay less. :)
  • Rice, Texas
.177 Puffers
Daystate MK4
MROD Rocker tuned
Varmint F/S
.22 Puffers
Jumpers:
.22 Diana K98
.22 Hatsan 95

Heirloom:

Offline hoffy43

• Marksman
  • Tennessee
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2015, 02:04:41 PM »
Thought id put my humble 2.5 cents in this fine thread. I really enjoy shooting my air guns. Whether its targets, hunting, pest control or just plinking, I really enjoy it. I can get so busy for months at a time, but I keep coming back to air gunning. I can come home from work, grab a cup of Joe and one of my girls and wind down plinking away right from my front porch. I have also enjoyed tinkering with them. One of my girls is a .177 Crosman 2100 that Iíve had for many years. A few years back while going through a divorce I found great comfort in giving her a complete makeover. I gave her new internals, sanded smooth the aluminum receiver and sent it off to Ed Ehrisman (AKA shadow) for a custom paint job. I donít see myself ever getting rid of her. In fact it would take a stupid amount of cash for me to part with her. I am currently tuning my HW95 Luxus. Sheís been sitting around with a broken spring for 2 years now. But as I stated earlier, air gunning is one thing I always come back too.  I definitely get the personal need verses personal pleasure thing, itís the story of my life right now.  Hey some people smoke. Some people drink. Some people do both and often canít afford it. I believe the value of anything is a personal and individual matter to each of us. We all put our eggs in one basket or another. For me, air gunning is one of those special eggs that I keep in one of my special baskets. Whatís in your basket?
Either stand for something or fall for anything!!!         
Weihrauch HW95 Luxus .177 Self tuned with PG2 tune kit
Gamo Big Cat .177 GRT3 trigger, self tuned using JM spring, seal, lubes & poor mans Vortek
Chinese B3-1 .177 Self tuned & camo paint
Crosman 2100 .177 Custom wood stock, self tuned & artwork by Shadow
Marksman 2004 Lazer Hawk .177 Pistol
Walther CP99 Compact BB Pistol with lazer

Offline regularguy11B

• Livin' the Dream
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2015, 02:38:03 PM »
that's a super sweet 2100
  • Texas
-Bryan

Offline hoffy43

• Marksman
  • Tennessee
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2015, 02:56:11 PM »
Tanks
Either stand for something or fall for anything!!!         
Weihrauch HW95 Luxus .177 Self tuned with PG2 tune kit
Gamo Big Cat .177 GRT3 trigger, self tuned using JM spring, seal, lubes & poor mans Vortek
Chinese B3-1 .177 Self tuned & camo paint
Crosman 2100 .177 Custom wood stock, self tuned & artwork by Shadow
Marksman 2004 Lazer Hawk .177 Pistol
Walther CP99 Compact BB Pistol with lazer

GTA - What's been your success with air gun target practice?