values of airguns

Author Topic: values of airguns  (Read 36448 times))

Offline airsenal

• Shooter
  • yes
Re: values of airguns
« Reply #100 on: August 24, 2018, 07:14:19 PM »
Just talkin' airguns and airgun stuff - the "airgun world" if you will - I'm not here with a get rich quick or get over real good scheme or master plan. LOL  I've gave guns and
accessories/parts away and the stuff I sell is a good deal to a heck of a deal IMO. I know this same thing or way is true more/less of a number of you. Nothing wrong with making a living and a good one but there's something about those folks that are always trying to make a killing that bothers me. Some are ignorant when they put a ridiculous price on this or that but I intuit and often even know way more are very well aware of the details, the value, etc. Oh well - what's new?!
I'm just a casual shooter - not a collector, smith, dealer, tuner, competitor and I am not addicted or whatever to AG or any forums so none of this wobbles my foundation.
LOL
  • Kansas City, MO 64118 U.S.A.

Offline the fuse

• Sharp Shooter
  • Easily entertained
« Reply #101 on: September 04, 2018, 07:28:54 PM »
Just talkin' airguns and airgun stuff - the "airgun world" if you will - I'm not here with a get rich quick or get over real good scheme or master plan. LOL  I've gave guns and
accessories/parts away and the stuff I sell is a good deal to a heck of a deal IMO. I know this same thing or way is true more/less of a number of you. Nothing wrong with making a living and a good one but there's something about those folks that are always trying to make a killing that bothers me. Some are ignorant when they put a ridiculous price on this or that but I intuit and often even know way more are very well aware of the details, the value, etc. Oh well - what's new?!
I'm just a casual shooter - not a collector, smith, dealer, tuner, competitor and I am not addicted or whatever to AG or any forums so none of this wobbles my foundation.
LOL

I get your point. And for the most part agree. I have spent the better part of ten years buying and selling airguns to help pay for the ones I really want. Not trying to get rich but when I find a nice wood stock Cr M1 at the flea for $50 I would certainly try to get $200 for it. I look at it like a guy panning for gold. Just cuz he finds a 2 ounce nugget for nothing doesn't mean he'll sell it for less than what it's worth. Right now I'm getting out of the deep end of that pool.....trying to sell off and get down to just shooting........being "just a casual shooter" again.
"When you're young, you're very reckless. Then you get conservative. Then you get reckless again." Yup
Rifles
Crosman 180
Daisy 822
Mrodair .22 Plinkster
Daisy 74
Crosman AIR-17

Pistols
Smith & wesson 78G
Crosman 38T, Mark I, SA6
Daisy 722, 717, 1200, 118
Beeman P17

Offline ldmf

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #102 on: January 14, 2019, 09:48:29 AM »
New member here, wanting to find some values of some PCP guns that I do not use.  All in very good + condition.  i am looking to get fires sale value and fair market value.
More pics upon request.

Anschutz 2002 comes with two tanks .177

Steyr Match LP  Original Box and two tanks .177

Fx Logun .177

Benjamin Discovery with hand pump.22
  • Venetia, PA, USA

Offline Yarddog

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #103 on: January 17, 2019, 10:18:00 AM »
In the short time I've been into air rifles, I've noticed that values and prices are all over the place!  My experience over the years has been in vehicle restoration, and the 'blue book value' of used parts...if you want to call it that...is 50% of the price of a new part, and you go down from there.  Unless it's a rare part, then it's all about what the buyer wants to pay.  But in general, used parts are discounted a lot.

Then I get into this hobby!!  I've got the hots for a particular Weirauch rifle, and there's not too many out there advertised new, and I've only found one used.  I can buy this unit any day for $500 new.  $350 on sale from another vendor.  Free shipping for one of those vendors.  Comes now a guy wanting to sell one used on an auction site...starting bid is $350, plus $45 shipping.

WHAAAATTT???  And I believe cannabis is legal in this guy's state!!!  Hey, for another C-note, I'll just buy new, or wait for the sale item to come back into stock.  They relisted the unit for $335, but they are simply gonna have to come off of that a LOT for me to bite, and I believe I'll have a new rifle in my hands before that happens!!! 

Then, on the same auction site, another seller has a new Gamo Swarm Maxxim for $335!!!  I've seen 'em as low as $150 on sale during the holidays, everyday price $200 on line, $220 from Big 5 any given day, and they go on sale!  If they're listing them at that price, somebody's gotta be buying them, I reckon!!!

At the same time, I've seen some true bargains!  I saw a HW35 in the box...unknown condition, looked to be new when I pulled it out...for $200 at a gun show recently.  I didn't know if that was a good deal or bad deal, did a quick search on my cell phone at the time but it didn't move me or fill a vacancy in my collection at that time, so I passed.  The next time that gun show comes to town, if I see it, I'll buy it.

Same show.  Another vendor has a sidelever Chinese air rifle, couldn't tell ya what it was, but it was one of the true cheapies.  This guy had a tag on it for $200...I picked it up, looked it over, told the guy "that's absolutely the best thirty dollar air rifle I've ever seen for two hundred dollars!"...when I left, he was tearing up the price tag.  I didn't buy it...

I found a Santa Rosa R1 in .22 on CL a few months ago for $300...now, even then, I knew that was a good rifle.  It had been tuned and buttoned, but the barrel had been chopped to thirteen inches with a homebrew brake on it.  It was in decent shape, didn't have the OE trigger guard on it, but I figgered I couldn't lose for $260, so that's what I paid for it, with an old four power Leapers scope on it.  Since then, I've put an OE barrel back on it, installed an OE trigger guard, and this thing is just a great air gun!!!  Not hold sensitive, eats any and all pellets happily, money very well spent!

So, in short, ya just never know, but one had better be schooled and conversant in values before considering any but a new purchase! 
  • Santa Clarita, CA, USA

Offline MMshtr

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #104 on: February 07, 2019, 04:14:46 PM »
While I will not pay much for an AirGun, that is because I can not afford to.    So I do not measure the value in cash.

For me the measure of value of an AirGun is:
Value=(How_well_it_puts_food_on_the_table + ((2 * enjoyment_provided)/3) + (100 / purchase_price))/3

This is not a cash value, it is a true value with nothing to do with money (other than the lower the cost of a rifle for it providing food and enjoyment the better it is).
  Indeed

It does not take a high dolor AG to do the job.   The key is the person behind the gun more than the gun.

This sums it up right there. The person behind the gun. I put food on the table and pest with air guns most put their noses down to. My Gamo Big Cat .22 which is not tuned and has the stock trigger kills anything I aim it at, from woodchucks down. My lowly Daisy 880 outperforms all of my Crosmans and also kills whatever it is pointed at, from rabbits on down. The price of the AG does not make it more or less capable. The capability lies in the one holding said weapon.

Well said David.
  • Lathrup Village, Mi. USA
Webley:
   Alecto .22
   Hurricane .177
   Senior* .22,.177
   Premier .177  
   Nemesis .177
BSA:
   Scorpion*.177
   Magnum 240 .177
BSF:
   Mod S20* .177 Match grip
   Mod S20 .177
Diana:
   Mod 5* .177, .22
   Mod 6* .177
   Mod 10 .177
   Mod P5*.177
   Mod LP8 .177
   Modell 5* [V] .177
Slavia:
   Tex 086* .177
   ZVP * .177
Weirauch:
   H45 / P1 .177
   H45 / P1 .22
   H40 / P3* .177
   H75 / P2 .177
   H70* .177
Crosman / Franklin:
   Model 137,multi pump
   Mod 1389 .177 Backpacker
   Mod 2289 Modified to .25 cal.[2589?]
   Mod 1377 Modified to .22 cal.
   Mod 1377.177 mod.barrel,breech,stock etc.
   Benjanmin Marauder  .22 PCP!
Gamo:
   Compact .177
   P45 .177
   Falcon* .177
Chiappas:
   FAS 6004 .177
Feinwerkbau:
   Mod 90 [elec. trigger]   
   Mod  65           
Baikal:
   M53* .177
   IZH 46 .177
Hatsan:
   Mod 25 Supercharger .22
   Mod 135 Vortex                                     
Browning:
   800 magnum .177
Cometa:
   Indian .177
FB Record:
   LP1 .177

GTA - The best place for discussion about Air Guns.