Western States match coming up soon.

Author Topic: Western States match coming up soon.  (Read 9915 times))

Offline Coreman

• Shooter
  • yes
Re: Western States match coming up soon.
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2013, 01:03:57 AM »
Wow, I went to school at Cal Poly and didn't even know this place existed.  Guess I was too busy studying.   :o
  • San Jose, CA

Offline Scotchmo

• Expert
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2013, 01:10:41 AM »
I got the range wound down today. Thanks Motorhead and RB for helping out a little extra last night. I made some new friends that are also GTA members. It was a fantastic match. Thank you everyone for competing. I want to have our club do the Western States match each year from here on out.

I will get a report up but it might be a day or two. I appreciate the pictures as I took very few this time. For a match of this size, being the match director is difficult enough, but trying to compete as well is too much for me. I realized that as I was walking back after finishing the last lane on Sunday. We were way out on the East course and the walk seemed very long. I was totally wiped out by that time and we still had a lot to do. Thank you to JimC for arranging to get the targets pulled and TimmyMac1 for hauling them back to the parking area.

There are plenty of other Grand Prix matches that I can compete in. So I plan on focusing on the task of match director at the 2014 Western States match. We hope to make it even bigger and better next year.
  • Los Osos, California

Offline TimmyMac1

• Expert
  • "You've Come A Long Way BB"
    • Mac1 Airgun Distributors
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2013, 11:52:07 PM »
I got the range wound down today. Thanks Motorhead and RB for helping out a little extra last night. I made some new friends that are also GTA members. It was a fantastic match. Thank you everyone for competing. I want to have our club do the Western States match each year from here on out,..............
So I plan on focusing on the task of match director at the 2014 Western States match. We hope to make it even bigger and better next year.

Don't give up shooting to be match director. You can do both if you delegate. It was overwhelming the first time but as long as you have good support you can still shoot and be match director and Trophy presenter. You just needed more sleep and some more helpers. I never want to see match directors not shooting. That doesn't seem right.
You did an awesome job. Thanks for all you did. I hope you showed a profit & club kitty built up.

TimmyMac1
"No Guns Would be a Riot"

Offline Scotchmo

• Expert
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2013, 01:30:08 AM »
Tim,

I can travel to lots of other matches and let others do the work while I concentrate on shooting. The dedicated match director position would be for just one match a year. At some point when we have others assume that role, then I may shoot. I never considered myself a great multitasker. If I can focus on the main goal at hand, I can do a good job. I had fun competing against my "arch rivals" James and Jeff. But my main goal for the Western States was to run a good match for our guests. At the nationals in Texas, it will be to do my absolute best shooting (and have fun).

It looks like the donations more than covered the extra food and drinks. The rest will go into the club kitty for future range improvements.

Scott
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 01:32:29 AM by Scotchmo »
  • Los Osos, California

GTA - What's been your success with air gun target practice?

Sponsored Ad: