Western States match coming up soon.

Author Topic: Western States match coming up soon.  (Read 9918 times))

Offline Scotchmo

• Expert
Re: Western States match coming up soon.
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2013, 05:27:54 PM »
Sounds like well organized and a lot of fun; just too short of notice (for me). Don't know why everything is north, south or west; why no one around Fresno shoot?

Shep
Shep,
Fresno is practically in our backyard. Dan House is driving over 1200 miles. A few from Oregon are driving 500-600 miles. Most people are driving over 200 miles. For you, only about 2-1/2 hours to make the 140-150 mile drive from Fresno.

If you want to try out field target and socialize with other airgun enthusiasts and shooters, this is a great opportunity.

Scott Hull
  • Los Osos, California

Offline Art Burciaga

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2013, 02:54:14 AM »
Scott, we'll miss at HR, but I know you got your hands full. See you next Friday, let the fun begin.
Art
  • West Covina, Ca.
"I would have got a better score, if I had used my other gun."
Art Burciaga

Offline eeler1

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2013, 03:14:54 PM »
Scott, are you gonna have air available?  Or should we bring some of our own?
  • West Sacramento, CA

Offline Scotchmo

• Expert
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2013, 04:00:40 PM »
Scott, are you gonna have air available?  Or should we bring some of our own?
There should be two 3000psi scuba tanks on the course with standard foster fill adapters. If you can get by with 2600-3000psi maximum fills, you should be OK. If you need higher pressures, you will have to make your own arrangements.
  • Los Osos, California

Offline Motorhead

• Field Target Shooter .... AAFTA 2018 Gran Prix Hunter PCP High Point Champion.
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • "EXPERIENCE" ... Our Reward For Lifes Mistakes
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2013, 04:45:30 PM »
A lot of us are packing xtra air ( 4500 bottles ) .... If your needing to travel light ? gotcha covered w/o issue.
  • Northern California ... Old Hangtown
** Home of MOTORHEADS AG Tuning Services **
        ** PM me for further contact & tuning info.

Sacramento Valley Field Target Club
#https://sites.google.com/site/sacvalleyairgunclub/

Offline TimmyMac1

• Expert
  • "You've Come A Long Way BB"
    • Mac1 Airgun Distributors
360 Cu Ft 3K+Will be in the Mac1 Tacoma-Free Fills-Tony@Ross Fire Long Beach
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2013, 09:56:49 AM »
I'll have a big yellow 3600 PSI Tank and a double male fitting. Bring tank and yoke with Foster Female on hose end and Top up at will.
I'm really looking forward to this very well planned match. Scott is doing an outstanding job and I get the feeling this will become a Historic moment for Western/Left Coast Airgunners. This seems to be the first time we have attracted more than a fraction of competitors from other parts of the country. The coming together of North, Central and South with some shooters from other states is a bit like the Floridians shooting against the CT guys i in Pulaski and Californians showing up to play.
This really is starting to feel like a National Program. It is near to my heart to see this happening as it has been a goal for decades to reach this level. Thanks to so many people for helping to make this a reality. I know Rodney Boyce is looking down and saying "HAVE A GOOOOD TIME! KEEP IT FUN."
Be sure to practice your kneelers and standers as discipline shots will be a key element. Good Luck to ALL. See you there!

TimmyMac1
"No Guns Would be a Riot"

Offline Scotchmo

• Expert
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2013, 04:15:38 PM »
I'm going to pick up my 3300psi S90 tank just back from hydro with a fresh fill. We will have it there as well.

As Tim said, practice your designated shots. Most of the 30 lanes will be free position shots but there will also be one lane each, standing, kneeling, and prone. A mat will be provided.
  • Los Osos, California

Offline Motorhead

• Field Target Shooter .... AAFTA 2018 Gran Prix Hunter PCP High Point Champion.
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2013, 04:19:33 PM »
I'm going to pick up my 3300psi S90 tank just back from hydro with a fresh fill. We will have it there as well.

As Tim said, practice your designated shots. Most of the 30 lanes will be free position shots but there will also be one lane each, standing, kneeling, and prone. A mat will be provided.

Scott,
How the head count doing .... Picking up any more stragglers ??? ....

Offline Scotchmo

• Expert
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2013, 05:12:04 PM »
Scott,
How the head count doing .... Picking up any more stragglers ??? ....
We had a few more sign up. They were on my list of possible entries already so we are still planning for about 50 competitors.
  • Los Osos, California

Offline DD789

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2013, 12:52:02 PM »
is it OK to show up just to see what's going on?  wanted to go on Sat. but I'm helping a friend net his wine grapes. so I will try for Sun. if it's OK?
  • Auburn, Ca.
Benjamin 392
Sheridan Silver Streak Mac1 mfg. 1956 > 1958

Offline Motorhead

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2013, 02:22:04 PM »
JMO here ...
No reason why not ... it is a public access event at a public range.
Willing to make the drive ... come on down !!

Offline Scotchmo

• Expert
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2013, 02:44:23 PM »
is it OK to show up just to see what's going on?  wanted to go on Sat. but I'm helping a friend net his wine grapes. so I will try for Sun. if it's OK?
Yes you can. You can even shoot the event on Sunday. The front range is a public range. The CCFEF back ranges are competition ranges controlled by various clubs. They are are open to the public for all competitions.
  • Los Osos, California

Offline Scotchmo

• Expert
Western States match - easy directions.
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2013, 04:23:54 AM »
I will be mostly out at the range starting tomorrow. If anyone needs to reach me, best to call or text (805)two three four - 4963.

Unless you are taking the scenic (long) Highway One route from Northern California, you will most likely be coming into the area via Highway 101. Whether coming from the north or south on Highway 101, the easiest way to get to the range on Highway One is via San Luis Obispo.

You will take the Morro Bay/HWY One exit and head north. You will be on Santa Rosa Street for awhile until it becomes Highway One. About 7.5 miles north of San Luis Obispo, the Gilardi road turnoff will look like this:

You will see a gate on the right that will be open for the match. Go through the gate and hang a right. Follow the road for about one mile to the back ranges. Look for the Field Target signs.

Photos courtesy of Google Maps.
  • Los Osos, California

Offline Motorhead

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2013, 12:18:45 PM »
Headed south in the AM TAKING the scenic hwy 1 route via the M/C
Nice ride tho a tad longer day getting there ... O'well  ;D

Offline drewciferpike

• I know just enough to get myself in trouble...
  • Expert
  • Extra beans
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2013, 01:27:49 AM »
*sigh*

My son's birthday party is Saturday... anyone think I'll be able to leave the Stockton area, make it to SLO, and and be back before they cut the cake...?  ;D
  • Linden, CA
"Phyllis" - XS25 .22 - MM Tuned
"Chuck" - Hatsan 125 Sniper .25 - reworked guts, tophat, Maccari seal
"Millicent" - AA S510 Xtra FAC .22 - Motorheaded (HUMA reg, power tune)
"Dietlinde" - RWS 54 .22 - Motorheaded (Maccari)
"Bess" - Crosman 2289 conversion - .177, 24" barrel
"Roxy" - Motorhead Mashup - SSP action, .177 with custom brake, steel breech, tweaked guts
Stainless Steel straw and hand-pressed spitwad paper - watch out

Offline Makincheez

• Shooter
  • 'bouta brick shy.........
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2013, 03:04:48 AM »
Scott,  thanks for posting the pics. I've been by there a hundred times but wasn't sure if it was the same place you held the FT matches or not. Now I know. Even if I can't swing this match I should be able to get to some of the informal matches.

Drew, I feel your pain. Have a birthday party to go to that got moved up from the 24th...NNOOOOOO!!! Oh well, I'll see if I can sneak out there early on Sunday but I'm not very hopeful.
  • Tulare, CA
Beeman R1 .20cal (Sta. Rosa)
2240 with Blue Laminate Rick's grips
1377 carbine
RWS 27
IZH46m
Benjamin Trail NP in wood
FWB 300s
Benji 342
Benji 397
TX200 Mk3 177
Beeman QB78 in .22
Air Arms s500 FAC .22 Walnut

Offline DD789

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2013, 04:06:09 PM »
Finished helping with the nets so the birds won't get to the wine grapes. ;D made it to the field target shoot on sunday, a 5hr. drive left Auburn at Odark:30 and got to the shoot about 11:00 ;D things were well under way at that time. Mr. Mac1 was there so I gave him my Silver Streak to be steroided  ;D  now the wait is on  :(  and you TX guy's think you have a though time waiting ;D  I've had this gun for 50yrs. bought it used for $15 or $20 at that time. the only shooting I did was with my camera ;D  met both Scotts and talked with a few other people about scoring and what positions to shoot at each lane. I think the next time I go I can talk my wife into going because if she get bored she can go into town or enjoy the beach ;D She grew up in Salinas and likes that type of environment, cool air and the ocean breeze  ;) 
so I will post some here.
  • Auburn, Ca.
Benjamin 392
Sheridan Silver Streak Mac1 mfg. 1956 > 1958

Offline eeler1

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2013, 05:40:46 PM »
I had to cancel, due to last minute family obligations.  I think I might have cleaned the course, though, had I been able to make it.  But then, I usually shoot pretty well in my own mind, from 600 miles away.   Is that Tim's dog Callie in the picture?  Looks like a great turnout and well organized.  Congratulations to all who participated, and especially to the organizers and volunteers.

Thanks for posting the pics.
  • West Sacramento, CA

Offline TimmyMac1

• Expert
  • "You've Come A Long Way BB"
    • Mac1 Airgun Distributors
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2013, 09:31:26 PM »
I had to cancel, due to last minute family obligations.  I think I might have cleaned the course, though, had I been able to make it.  But then, I usually shoot pretty well in my own mind, from 600 miles away.   Is that Tim's dog Callie in the picture?  Looks like a great turnout and well organized.  Congratulations to all who participated, and especially to the organizers and volunteers.

Thanks for posting the pics.

Jon,
Yes that is my cattle dog Caliber AKA CALI. She knows what a cold and hot line is so she can be off leash at matches and stay near me or go seek shade like she normally does. The more shade you throw the more likely Cali will hang out with you during the match.

TimmyMac1
"No Guns Would be a Riot"

Offline Motorhead

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2013, 09:59:37 PM »
Just rolled in back home Monday @ 3:30 PM having stayed over Sun night with Scott & Alan hull to pick up all the targets and do a general clean and put away.
705 miles driveway to match and home again.
Scott and his "group" did a outstanding job !! ... lanes were tough, food was plentiful & a good time seemed to be had by all @ 44 in attendance.

GTA - What's been your success with air gun target practice?

Sponsored Ad: