Beeman P17 and XSP 120D... Next level builds/mods.

Author Topic: Beeman P17 and XSP 120D... Next level builds/mods.  (Read 126007 times))

Offline stalwart

• Expert
  • Eric
    • http://www.stalwartarms.com/
Re: Beeman P17 and XSP 120D... Next level builds/mods.
« Reply #340 on: February 19, 2014, 01:59:25 PM »
Yup... if you have a few clear meters of space, a small table, and a 17... there is no reason winter should keep you from shooting.

Been shooting Bob's gun. Looks like it's good to go.

The upper is set up for front loading barrels, with a Delrin nose bushing that will allow drop in barrels to be adjusted for perfect fit (seal), or any length customs.

Plain, but potent. They'll never see it coming...

;D

Offline Bob H.

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #341 on: February 19, 2014, 03:05:58 PM »
Eric,

Looking good! Isn't Christmas next week?

BobH.
  • central Illinois

Offline stalwart

• Expert
  • Eric
« Reply #342 on: February 19, 2014, 03:54:57 PM »
If not, it will sure look like it at your house.

I pack for catastrophe... you'll have plenty of unwrapping to do.

Offline Bob H.

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #343 on: February 26, 2014, 07:17:11 AM »
Folks,

I have my new P17 from Eric.  His trigger mod is fantastic, the ball bearing is just part of the package.  It has no perceptible first stage, it like a microswitch.  Just think trigger, and it fires. 

I have not put it on the Chrony yet but, if sound is any indication, it has more velocity.  I think this attributable to the front loading barrel and the way it is located against the breech seal. None of the air is being wasted.  The accuracy is looking very good,  I"ll know a whole lot more after a couple of tins of pellets. 

Eric, I really appreciate your efforts.  You have tuned a good pistol into fine pistol.  You have tailored it to match my needs.

More to come

BobH.
  • central Illinois

Offline stonykill

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • Just a hunter always looking to improve his skills
    • Daisy Air Rifle Modifications
« Reply #344 on: February 26, 2014, 07:35:59 AM »
Folks,

I have my new P17 from Eric.  His trigger mod is fantastic, the ball bearing is just part of the package.  It has no perceptible first stage, it like a microswitch.  Just think trigger, and it fires. 

I have not put it on the Chrony yet but, if sound is any indication, it has more velocity.  I think this attributable to the front loading barrel and the way it is located against the breech seal. None of the air is being wasted.  The accuracy is looking very good,  I"ll know a whole lot more after a couple of tins of pellets. 

Eric, I really appreciate your efforts.  You have tuned a good pistol into fine pistol.  You have tailored it to match my needs.

More to come

BobH.

I really enjoy hearing news like this!
  • Upstate NY

Offline stalwart

• Expert
  • Eric
« Reply #345 on: February 26, 2014, 04:44:17 PM »
Bob, it is a real pleasure working with you, and an honor to put my work in your hands. Your early and solid support has made for real progress here.

Thanks, bud.

Offline stalwart

• Expert
  • Eric
« Reply #346 on: March 01, 2014, 07:16:21 PM »
Congrats to BobH! Good shooting, bud!! Taught those whippersnappers a thing or two, huh?  ;D Your prize will be shipped in the next run out.

The next match will be in better weather, and allow mods.

Breaking 17 news... Mr. Melick sent me a fine pile of blanks in .22 and .177, at prices that can only be described as great. There will be no increases in S2 prices (as long as these barrels last), and if anyone has been thinking about going for a select .22 barrel for their SE.... now is the time.

Offline silent_airman

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #347 on: March 01, 2014, 08:31:06 PM »
Congrats to BobH! Good shooting, bud!! Taught those whippersnappers a thing or two, huh?  ;D Your prize will be shipped in the next run out.

Breaking 17 news... Mr. Melick sent me a fine pile of blanks in .22 and .177, at prices that can only be described as great. There will be no increases in S2 prices (as long as these barrels last), and if anyone has been thinking about going for a select .22 barrel for their SE.... now is the time.

I like the drop in, front loading barrel setup on Bob's gun. Sort of reminds me of the Dan Wesson pistol paks and Thompson Contenders with their interchangeable barrel systems. My imagination could go crazy with this stuff! ;D (What do I mean, 'could'? Already is!) ::)
  • Tucked in the foothills of western Maine.
RWS Model 34 T06 in .22 Sun Optics TAC IV 4-16x50
RWS Model 48 T06 in .22 UTG 3-12x44 SWAT Mil dot
Crosman Fire .177 Hawke Sport HD IR 4-12X50
QB-57 .22
QB-58 .22
QB-79 .177
Crosman SR 357
Browning Buckmark URX
Mrodair Air Max Target Master .22 "Master Blaster II"
Beeman P-17 stock
Beeman P-17 "Stealth"
Benjamin 342
Crosman 1077

Offline Bob H.

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #348 on: March 01, 2014, 08:36:25 PM »
Aw shucks, I'm gonna blush.

BobH.

• central Illinois

Offline Bob H.

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #349 on: March 17, 2014, 08:36:24 AM »
Hi Folks,
Last week I received the S2 barrel assembly that Eric had graciously provided for the prize for the Stage 1 Owner's Match. I now have (4) barrels that Eric has chambered and crowned.  The S2 barrel is 10" long.

I removed the stock P17 barrel and cocking arm as a unit so that I wouldn't disturb the barrel sight plane relationship.  I pulled the E-clip from the front hinge pin and tapped it out. Next, I removed the front cylinder pivot pin and off came the barrel assy. I installed the S2 kit.  The S2 kit adds some needed weight the stock pistol.  I have not chronographed it, but I anticipate an increase in FPS. I have added a bicycle inner tube sleeve to the grip which is a big improvement over the stock grip surface. It does feel good in the hand.

The front loading barrel is a real plus. Eric has bored out the front barrel locating hole in the cocking arm and has added a set screw to the bottom front of the cocking arm.  He has made a sleeve to fit over the barrel and into the enlarged front hole in the cocking arm.  This allows you to push the barrel against the breach 0-ring seal and tighten the set screw to hole it in place.  No shims required!

The portion of the barrel that extends out side of the cocking arm limits the stroke of the piston. Don't worry this is a good thing prevents the piston 0-ring from travelling to the vent hole in the cylinder.  I can no longer just grab the cocking arm and swing the action open. The cocking process has one addition step.  Pull the trigger to its stop and keep pressure on it until the action is fully open.  I now hear  a "pissst" sound  as the cocking arm is nearing the end of its stroke, that is the air being draw into the cylinder though breach.  This cocks just like my ball bearing P17.

I had been wanting to try an enclosed red dot sight.  Yesterday, I went to W-World and bought an inexpensive Center Point 30 MM Enclose Reflex Sight.  It is now installed the S2 barrel assy.  If it hangs together, it will be a keeper. ( I saved the receipt)

I will wring out the S2 barrel and red dot sight in the next few weeks if winter ever goes away.  I haven't forgot that I have not finish reporting on my ball bearing equipped, highly modified P10 that Eric built.  I do need some nice weather so I can play outside.

BobH.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 09:23:13 AM by Bob H. »
  • central Illinois

Offline stalwart

• Expert
  • Eric
« Reply #350 on: March 18, 2014, 12:32:19 PM »
Bob, I shot the snot out of that barrel, in my S1, prior to coating it. It was a great combo.... tons of fun. I wanted to keep it...lol. Next barrel run, I'm making myself another.

You won't need to run a tin through it before it settles in... trust me.

;D

Offline BigTinBoat

• Banned Members
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #351 on: March 22, 2014, 10:26:58 AM »
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 11:58:51 PM by BigTinBoat »

Offline BigTinBoat

• Banned Members
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #352 on: March 22, 2014, 11:07:01 AM »
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 11:57:06 PM by BigTinBoat »

Offline stonykill

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #353 on: March 22, 2014, 11:10:24 AM »
One question though - Where's the best place to buy? Anybody have any experience with BigSupplyShop? They seem to be the cheapest, especially since I want to get some different pellets and stuff. Just don't want to buy from the cheapest if I'm going to have problems. Would rather pay a bit more for better service.

Thanks - can't wait to start modding.

I do not. They are cheap yes, but their shipping is expensive. Even when buying 2. $15 to ship one, $20 to ship 2. Amazon, $43 with free shipping if you have Prime.

BUT the BEST place. Right here : http://flyingdragonairrifles.org/
  • Upstate NY

Offline BigTinBoat

• Banned Members
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #354 on: March 22, 2014, 03:41:49 PM »
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 11:57:13 PM by BigTinBoat »

Offline silent_airman

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #355 on: March 22, 2014, 03:53:54 PM »

I saw that site, and was thinking about it since the guys modding the guns and the owner of the site frequent here, and provide lots of information, but I was wanting to get some different kinds of pellets to get also.

And Stonykill - seeing a bunch of your posts in the Hunting Gate has definitely added spark to my wanting one of these guns. Even though I want it mostly for shooting indoors in basement, I would like something to carry in the boat with me.

Hey BigTinBoat, here is the perfect basement gun.

Quiet, and shoots like a pro.
QB-57 .22
QB-58 .22
QB-79 .177
Crosman SR 357
Browning Buckmark URX
Beeman P-17 stock
Beeman P-17 "Stealth"
Benjamin 342
Crosman 1077

Offline stonykill

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #356 on: March 22, 2014, 04:30:12 PM »

I saw that site, and was thinking about it since the guys modding the guns and the owner of the site frequent here, and provide lots of information, but I was wanting to get some different kinds of pellets to get also.

And Stonykill - seeing a bunch of your posts in the Hunting Gate has definitely added spark to my wanting one of these guns. Even though I want it mostly for shooting indoors in basement, I would like something to carry in the boat with me.

cool . Your prey needs to be close and you need a pellet you know penetrates well. I can't say that enough.  I need to put aside some funds and get some stuff from Stalwart. Upping the FPS would help with the pesting aspect of it.

FUN FUN pistol. And just silly accurate.

Well now I think I need to go outside in the wind and shoot mine   ;D
  • Upstate NY

Offline BigTinBoat

• Banned Members
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #357 on: March 22, 2014, 07:47:01 PM »
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 11:57:19 PM by BigTinBoat »

Offline silent_airman

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #358 on: March 22, 2014, 07:50:56 PM »

Hey BigTinBoat, here is the perfect basement gun.

Quiet, and shoots like a pro.

This I know, it was the pic of this "Stealth" that turned me from wanting a Daisy 953 for indoor to the B17 for Indoor. I'm sure you've seen the I caught the "bug" and will likely wind up getting both a B17 and a 953 before it's all over.

Awesome! Glad I am so 'contagious'!  ;D
QB-57 .22
QB-58 .22
QB-79 .177
Crosman SR 357
Browning Buckmark URX
Beeman P-17 stock
Beeman P-17 "Stealth"
Benjamin 342
Crosman 1077

Offline BigTinBoat

• Banned Members
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #359 on: March 23, 2014, 11:24:26 PM »
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 11:57:25 PM by BigTinBoat »

How do you word it... "Air Guns" or "AirGuns"?
Sponsored Ad:

Sponsored Ad: