LASSO shoot in Cumby, TX, Sat March 17

Author Topic: LASSO shoot in Cumby, TX, Sat March 17  (Read 2415 times))

Offline JerryCup

• Shooter
  • yes
LASSO shoot in Cumby, TX, Sat March 17
« on: March 14, 2012, 01:50:29 PM »
LASSO 2012
Long-range Airgun Silhouette Shooters Organization
The Main Big Bore Event

When:
March 17, 2012 8:00 am till dark
Where:
2837 CR 1127 North Cumnby, TX 75433  Near Sulpher Springs TX on I 30 NE of Dallas
Organizers:
Any questions these are the guys to help!

Eric Henderson
1(214) 507-6367

Terry Tate
tate308@yahoo.com

Big Bore hunting scenario open to guns .25 caliber up.

Ram and Pig shaped steel plates with an 8" kill zone, ranges 100 - 300 yards
Two shot timed event on each station
Shooters with highest cumulative score wins!

Small Bore Range

All standard calibers and all types of guns ... open to all shooters!
  • Dallas, TX

Offline JerryCup

• Shooter
  • yes
Re: LASSO shoot in Cumby, TX, Sat March 17 - recap of the event
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 05:53:04 PM »
Here's a photo of a NTAGM group (five of us - Gary on the left, David on right ) with Tom Gaylord front and center. Do I hear any motions that we should draft him into our organization as an auxiliary officer and chief armorer

The large bore competition was amazing, with silhouette targets out to like 300 yds. Those things sounded like cannons booming, followed by a "tonk" as the slugs hit the targets.

This place is about 90 miles east of Dallas, a 200 acre ranch with great pasture land, woods, and creek/ponds. I would guess 100 or so attended, some came quite a distance to be there. There were people who camped out Friday night, I bet that was fun. We had pretty good weather, it seemed to threaten rain a few times, but partly cloudy and somewhat windy with temperatures in the 70's.

There was a barbecue meal, they cooked a wild hog killed on the site like 24 hours earlier. A collection of interesting characters. Tom Gaylord spent hours with us at the small bore range. He shot our guns, answered questions, gave advice. There was a big discussion about the possibility of establishing a field target organization and shooting site in the DFW area. Tom offered his assistance. I was very impressed with what a gentleman he is, in addition to being a walking encyclopedia of airguns.

There were a couple of dealers who had guns (Air Force, Adventures in Airguns) who let people shoot their stuff at the ranges. There were a LOT of pellets fired. Most of the attendees were real airgun shooters. There were several people who were newly interested, and they got quite an education. I'd say more airgun experts on site than any place I ever saw, and just about every person there was in a friendly and happy-to-be-here mode. I strongly suggest this a must attend next year.

Paul Self, Gary Sparks, Bob Dye, David Enoch and I were there, and some other possible Dallas area draftees.

Ron will soon announce our next shoot in Aledo. Spring is in the air! (and PCP's, too).
  • Dallas, TX

Offline JerryCup

• Shooter
  • yes
link to the Tom Gaylord blog
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 10:28:31 PM »
One more link - Gene, Tom fired my CZ-634 that you tuned. It has really been a great gun!
  • Dallas, TX

How do you word it... "Air Guns" or "AirGuns"?
Sponsored Ad:

Sponsored Ad: