Pyramyd Air
Saber Tactical
New England Airgun
Umarex Airguns
Contact us
Utah Airguns
SEKHMET Airgun Accessories
Freedom Gun Targets

Author Topic: Canada C-21, proposed bill to ban Airguns, Airsoft, Pellet, and BB guns!!!  (Read 270 times))

Offline NorthernBallistics

• Shooter
  • Content Producer
    • Northern Ballistics Canada
I'm posting this on mostly American based website because, you're next... The democrats are watching our Canadian Liberal Government. So you read it right, the proposed ban will include all sub 500 FPS guns that look like modern firearms. This is a catch all phrase, so this includes Daisy RedRyder, All your replica pistols, ALL Airsoft, etc. There's not much you guys can do down south, but maybe spread the word, get the discussion going because USA is next if Canada passes this.

• CANADA, BC, Chilliwack

Offline A moron

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
It's already in the house.a proposed bill that includes background checks , crazy person checks and all for air guns and to be able to buy there ammo.    Falls under " any gun and its ammunition"

All we can say is " well we voted for it " ...lol.

You can see it in a Google search.   It's over the top.   And public record

They use to say only criminals use guns and cash.   I guess now that's military, cops and the elite 10% , right?   

I forgot the fed yearly tax of min $200
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 10:29:23 AM by A moron »
  • Florida (aka lower Alabama) usa

Offline JuryRigger

• Marksman
  • NUAH Club member 11/12/2020 Diana 350 N-Tec Mag.
In spite of the fact that this is the second time that this has been posted in violation of the GTA rules; I would like to comment.
It's already in the house.a proposed bill that includes background checks , crazy person checks and all for air guns and to be able to buy there ammo.    Falls under " any gun and its ammunition"

They use to say only criminals use guns and cash.   I guess now that's military, cops and the elite 10% , right?   

Are you speaking of HR 5717? It does not mention airguns at all-"firearms" is the term used explicitly. (Thank heaven!!)
Jesse
  • Buckeye State
If you think about it long enough, there's a way to build almost anything out of almost anything.
(whether or not it works is another story...)
Genius errs, if possible, more badly than pedantry. Mathematics, properly directed, cannot fail.-Captain Nemo
-When we walk into silence-
-When we shadow the sun-
-When we surrender to violence-
-Then the damage is done, put away that gun-
"Gods of War", Def Leppard

Offline bantam5s

• They might sound like a lot of work till you realize you only need 3-4 pumps for plinking.
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
In spite of the fact that this is the second time that this has been posted in violation of the GTA rules; I would like to comment.

Are you speaking of HR 5717? It does not mention airguns at all-"firearms" is the term used explicitly. (Thank heaven!!)
Jesse
It's horrible regardless,  but of course you can't help but be happy that it doesn't include airguns.
  • USA CA Arbuckle
some days you kill it and some days you choke, some days you blast off and some days you just smoke

Offline NorthernBallistics

• Shooter
  • Content Producer
    • Northern Ballistics Canada
It's horrible regardless,  but of course you can't help but be happy that it doesn't include airguns.

For now, they'll be watching Canada... you never know what's next.
  • CANADA, BC, Chilliwack

Offline Mr.P

• Marksman
  • yes
Just curious because i respect this community and want to hear your thoughts - some of you feel "crazy person" and "criminal person" checks on buying certain firearms or any firearms is by definition a bad idea?   I am surrounded by folks who believe background checks are a good thing and I understand some of the arguments made.  Sure is nice being able to just buy and airgun with no hassles, would be a shame if that changed.  I have mixed feelings about firearms but I have an open mind I think.  If this is a "hot topic" and too controversial for the forum I will delete this (or mods feel free of course).
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 12:34:26 PM by Mr.P »
  • USA, OR, Portland

Offline avator

• Global Moderator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Happiness is a warm airgun... -Lennon Modded-
Locked and blocked for political content..
If further attempts continue to violate forum rules, steps will be taken.... that includes all who contribute to such discussions.
  • From deep within the Rabbit Hole, Alabama