Pyramyd Air
Saber Tactical
New England Airgun
Umarex Airguns
Contact us
Utah Airguns
SEKHMET Airgun Accessories
Freedom Gun Targets

Author Topic: PCP hand pump from Amazon $20.79  (Read 3708 times))

Offline Back_Roads

• I Got A 10 Pump BB Gun :) BB Guns Got Much More Complicated :)
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • 1st Edition Crosman 760 Pump Master
    • Back_Roads Airgunning
Re: PCP hand pump from Amazon $20.79
« Reply #100 on: February 27, 2021, 05:37:04 PM »
 Used to be an old GTA Amazon trick, also say the item is a gift and they wrap it a little better, at the lest SWMBO may think you got her something ;)
  • Wisconsin Collins ;Hunters Paradise; Theres a Sign in town to prove it :)
(Sorry, but you are not allowed to access the gallery)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3hMPAjvTtuu7DoNzBZzuKQ?view_as=subscriber
 Below is a collection of helpful airgun videos
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLASJo4rBxMImx-kNnbppkIBV86G5Yentf

Offline phoebeisis

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #101 on: February 27, 2021, 07:27:25 PM »
I was pleasantly surprised that thw GREY teflon tape  Oatey FASTape literally claims to be BEST SEALING TAPE-

Worked so well

I just did 2 or so wraps-just the gauge and hose fitting-forgot to do the pressure release fitting-

Now I did dribble a bit of oil on one seal-but no way that did much

I will not look this gift horse in the mouth-I have declared victory and moved on to UN-SCREWING -UP with help from here-my TX 200 that was shooting loose from the stock

-turns out the stud   that accepts the front trigger guard  screw was unscrewing from the receiver-probably not properly tightened at factory

-2nd from the  factory problem-they also did fully push the pin that goes thru the cocking

links-it arrived with cocking lever cockeyed-only thru one and barely into the other-- 8-10mm-SHORT of properly pushed-Brits slipping a bit-

So the pump "is fixed" for now-I will quit while I'm ahead

Diana 460 prefect on arrival-cheap  USA assembled Crosman 1322 1377 arrived perfect- Phantom Nitro piston-China-perfect on arrival despite just $100 price

$20 underlever made in china-30 years ago-arrived working fine-but with a pretty light trigger-and -I suspect -nothing to catch the bolt if it decides to amputate my fingers-

But the pricey-beautiful TX 200-  looks great shoots great -but is a work in progress-not unlike this $21 pump-but $600 more expensive so.. can't hate either one

One dirt cheap-so expect to be a DIY project-

the other just sooo pretty   such a good trigger-it gets a pass for any "badness"
  • river ridge LOUISIANA  new orleans suburb

Offline Warburrito

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #102 on: March 10, 2021, 02:11:41 PM »
Horrid shipping by Amazon. I got a box with loose pellets everywhere and this pump in an open box with zero tape.

This Sunday I received a clutch slave cylinder from Amazon.  Inside the already opened amazon air mailer package was....nothing at all.  Just an empty air mailer.  They did send out a replacement that I received Monday night, but that was quite the let down.
  • Brownsburg, IN, USA
SPA PP750 (arriving soon)
Crosman Quest SBD
Umarex Duke Colt SAA
Webley Tempest

Offline mrbulk

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • Little things affect little minds” - Thoreau
« Reply #103 on: March 10, 2021, 04:02:44 PM »
I didn't have to use any tape, just ensured the little white washers were in their holes and I screwed everything together with moderate tightness using supplied multi-tool, held air like a champ (tested to 2000psi w/deadhead).
  • Las Vegas, NV, USA
Remember that none of this will matter in a hundred years. Have fun now.

Offline BigBird

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #104 on: March 12, 2021, 02:50:22 AM »
Kind of related.

I changed orings in my older chinese pump because it was retaining air after a pump.  I didnt want to use my bag of replacement parts that came with this new pump so I went to my HF assorted metric oring set and they were all the wrong sizes (a little smallee cross section.  I didn't replace all the orings as cycling 1/2 usually works prety good.  They worked!  I did retain one of the middle brass connectors that has two orings (connects to the smallest tube).  If you put that original next to the solid end it works because it isnt pressurized until the up stroke (the other oring does not seal).  Anyhow the orings that I replaced worked.  I did leave some that looked like 1/16 or 3mm but they looked good and I'm cheap.

• USA, VA, Winchester
For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
John 3:17 ESV

Offline mrbulk

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • Little things affect little minds” - Thoreau
« Reply #105 on: March 12, 2021, 04:31:56 AM »
Kind of related.

I changed orings in my older chinese pump because it was retaining air after a pump.  I didnt want to use my bag of replacement parts that came with this new pump so I went to my HF assorted metric oring set and they were all the wrong sizes (a little smallee cross section.  I didn't replace all the orings as cycling 1/2 usually works prety good.  They worked!  I did retain one of the middle brass connectors that has two orings (connects to the smallest tube).  If you put that original next to the solid end it works because it isnt pressurized until the up stroke (the other oring does not seal).  Anyhow the orings that I replaced worked.  I did leave some that looked like 1/16 or 3mm but they looked good and I'm cheap.

Aww man now I feel like I'm becoming enabled to buy HF o-rings (I guess I might eventually need them somehow, right?) so the next time I drive out anywhere I just know I will be drawn in the direction of my neighborhood HF store... :D
  • Las Vegas, NV, USA
Remember that none of this will matter in a hundred years. Have fun now.

Offline BigBird

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #106 on: March 12, 2021, 01:34:13 PM »
Kind of related.

Aww man now I feel like I'm becoming enabled to buy HF o-rings (I guess I might eventually need them somehow, right?) so the next time I drive out anywhere I just know I will be drawn in the direction of my neighborhood HF store... :D

Well I am always looking for the larger OD, .70 CS (1/16") orings (13/16 and 15/16 for larger valves) and they are not in this assortment.  I think metric AND the SAE assortments are almost the same set.  I returned my "red" set as the orings were about the same size (my evaluation - YMMV).

And P.S., the hand pump is why I bought the metric set in the first place.  For .70 CS I will be going to that oring store or warehouse or maybe Amazon.
P.P.S. The 100 pcs of 3/4 x 5/8 x 1/16 (016) that I bought a while back for Disco type tubes is dwindling.  They actually fit a .830 size valve if machined right too.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 01:47:07 PM by BigBird »
  • USA, VA, Winchester
For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Offline WyoRiv

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #107 on: March 26, 2021, 02:36:12 PM »
Finally got a gun to go with my pump!  Diana storm rider gen 2 in .22 for $200 shipped!
  • Vermont
HW30 .177
Embark .177
Diana EMS 34 .22
Gamo Swarm Maxxim .22
A buncha deer rifles
Couple turkey shotguns

Offline Rick67

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #108 on: March 26, 2021, 03:09:23 PM »
Mine is still in the box.

Did not even bother opening it, lol!

The pump is now close to $70  ;D
  • Abq., NM, USA

Offline BigBird

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #109 on: March 26, 2021, 10:45:54 PM »
Finally got a gun to go with my pump!  Diana storm rider gen 2 in .22 for $200 shipped!
Supposed to be good guns.  Is it a 70 pump or more like 100 pumps?
  • USA, VA, Winchester

Offline BigBird

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #110 on: March 26, 2021, 10:48:46 PM »

Did you check for all the parts, accessories and accoutrements.
  • USA, VA, Winchester

Offline Rick67

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #111 on: March 27, 2021, 02:17:26 AM »

Did you check for all the parts, accessories and accoutrements.

Honestly, I never did, lol!

It is still packed in its Amazon box.

I use the much more expensive GSX.
  • Abq., NM, USA

Offline mst3kpimp

• Plinker
« Reply #112 on: April 06, 2021, 11:52:07 PM »
My pump was working fine filled a tank prob 6 times but I gave it a rest for a few weeks and today when I tried to pump it would not build pressure and the handle would get sucked down.  My experience with benjy pumps would suggest the little piston rod seal is shot but that always happened gradually so I'm confused.  Seems strange for it to go from functioning fine to this, is there anything else that might cause such behavior??
  • sarasota, fl

Offline TotallyTortoise

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #113 on: April 07, 2021, 09:23:45 AM »

Sellers noticed orders went up, price went up. Give it a while with no-one biting at that price and it'll plunge right back down.
  • Bellefontaine, OH, USA

Offline Rick67

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #114 on: April 07, 2021, 11:40:42 PM »

Sellers noticed orders went up, price went up. Give it a while with no-one biting at that price and it'll plunge right back down.

Still haven’t opened it.

I love using my GX hand pump  ;D
  • Abq., NM, USA