cost of a wood stock from Crosman

Author Topic: cost of a wood stock from Crosman  (Read 573 times))

Offline Lt. Dan

• Shooter
  • yes
cost of a wood stock from Crosman
« on: March 11, 2019, 11:57:47 PM »
Okay, I'm sure someone on here has ordered a Nitro Venom stock from Crosman. Do you mind me asking how much can I expect to pay for the stock and trigger guard plus shipping? I'm on a tight budget, I'm having to buy my daughter a car and ours needs replacing as well.
  • South Mississippi in the good ole USA
Words to Live By:
Before You Pray - Believe;  
Before You Speak - Listen;   
Before You Spend - Earn;    
Before You Write - Think;     
Before You Quit - Try;     
Before You Die - Live

Offline AHMSA

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
Re: cost of a wood stock from Crosman
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 12:19:25 AM »
I think I paid $65 for an Optimus stock few years ago.
  • Novi, MI
.22 Hatsan 95 Springer
.22 Crosman Optimus
.22 Gamo Swarm Maxxim
.22 Hatsan 125 Sniper Black Springer
.25 Hatsan 125 Sniper Camo Springer
.177 Crosman MTR77NP
.177 Gletcher Mosin Nagant M1944
Umarex Steel Force
Tanfoglio Witness 1911
Dan Wesson 4" Black BB Revolver
.177 Winchester 1100ss
.22 Hatsan 1000x Springer
Benjamin 392
.22 Sheridan 2260MB
Crosman 1322
Crosman C41
Beeman P17
umarex 40XP
Crosman 2100b
Daisy Red Ryder
Daisy Model 25
6mm UTG Gen 5 Master Sniper

And powder burners

Offline DanD

• Did someone say mid-sized springers?
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • A solid maybe
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 12:32:51 AM »
You can call Crosman for parts and shipping quotes. It helps to have the part number ready. You can find parts diagrams in the Crosman.com support area.
I thought they quoted me $35 or $40 for a trail stock, but I might be remembering it wrong.
  • Binghamton, NY

Offline Roadworthy

• Honorary GTA Moderator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 12:44:22 AM »
I believe Crosman charges a flat rate for shipping.  They will probably stick you for sales tax at whatever rate your state charges.  The best way to learn prices is to call Crosman customer service.  The part number for the stock is CVW1K77NP-01-00. The lug which you may or may not need is B19-2-001.  The reason you may or may not need it is due to the length of the one on your synthetic stock.  The trigger guard screws are (Front) GB847-85 ST3.5X16 and (Rear) GB823-88 M6X20.  The Regal trigger guard (metal) is B19-7-00-1.  I prefer that one to the Nitro Venom trigger guard because the original guard was a brittle plastic - I broke it.
  • Near the Southern Coast of Washington State
He not busy being born is busy dying. - Bob Dylan

Offline Tack Driver 10

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 08:09:48 AM »
I ordered some stocks from Crosman in 2017.
They were both $30 each and shipping was only $4.
I was surprised at how reasonable the price was, came with the butt pad.
Modified them to make 2100 thumb hole stocks.

BT9M22WNP-01-00 Trail NP

BT1500-03-00 Trail XL
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 08:24:07 AM by Tack Driver 10 »
  • Oklahoma

Offline bear air

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2019, 08:23:20 AM »
Try putting a post in the members classified gate, you might be very happy with your findings.
  • Sioux City IA, USA
Benjamin Armada 25 cal                                       Benjamin Marauder 22 cal                                        Diana Stormrider 22 cal                                         Beeman Quiet TEK 22 & 177 cal                    Beeman Silver Kodiak x2 22 cal & 177cal                Psalm 107:14  He brought them out of darkness and the deepest gloom and broke away their chains

Offline Lt. Dan

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2019, 08:30:57 AM »
I believe Crosman charges a flat rate for shipping.  They will probably stick you for sales tax at whatever rate your state charges.  The best way to learn prices is to call Crosman customer service.  The part number for the stock is CVW1K77NP-01-00. The lug which you may or may not need is B19-2-001.  The reason you may or may not need it is due to the length of the one on your synthetic stock.  The trigger guard screws are (Front) GB847-85 ST3.5X16 and (Rear) GB823-88 M6X20.  The Regal trigger guard (metal) is B19-7-00-1.  I prefer that one to the Nitro Venom trigger guard because the original guard was a brittle plastic - I broke it.
Thanks for the information.  I had looked up the parts numbers off of CROSMAN's website but I was unsure the metal trigger guard off the Regal would fit on the Nitro Venom stock. Thanks for clarifying that. I looked on the Prowler parts list and the lug is the same part number so I will be able to use it on the wood stock.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 08:47:15 AM by Lt. Dan »
Words to Live By:
Before You Spend - Earn;    
Before You Quit - Try;     
Before You Die - Live

Offline Wolfer

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2019, 10:27:23 AM »
Just saw this post, what wood stock will work on a F4. Getting to the point that I can,t handle the black plastic stocks anymore.       Mike
  • Dos Palos CA.

Offline SoCalZac

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2019, 11:36:30 AM »
I just ordered a stock in Nov. it was $60 plus $16 shipping. I asked about the $5 parts shipping and they said it was only for smaller parts and they charge more to ship a stock now.
  • USA, CA, Agua Dulce
Benjamin Titan, AT44S-10 RWS 34p, Urban, Nova Vista Liberty, BT65 all in .22 except the RWS is .177

Offline Lt. Dan

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2019, 11:33:07 PM »
I just ordered a stock in Nov. it was $60 plus $16 shipping. I asked about the $5 parts shipping and they said it was only for smaller parts and they charge more to ship a stock now.
Hmmm. A little more than I was expecting.  I'll call tomorrow and get an exact cost. My wife and I are traveling to visit our daughter in Memphis tomorrow. 
Words to Live By:
Before You Spend - Earn;    
Before You Quit - Try;     
Before You Die - Live

Offline SteveP-52

• I'm the wrong guy to ask about talking you out of an air rifle :)
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2019, 03:10:41 AM »
Just saw this post, what wood stock will work on a F4. Getting to the point that I can,t handle the black plastic stocks anymore.       Mike

Any of the Crosman or Benjamin wood stocks for the regular Nitro piston guns should work. My Nitro piston Prowler .22 in a refinished Titan stock I got on a trade from another member. Used to have an Optimus in it that's now parts and pieces of other rifles and the Prowler dropped right in.
  • Buffalo, NY, USA
Hatsan Galatian III QE .25
Hatsan Flashpup .25
Hatsan Flash .22
Beeman R9 .20
Weihrauch HW95 .22
Mendoza Blackhawk .22
Norica Dead Eye GRS .22
Hatsans:
-Model 95 springer .25
-Model 95 QE .22
-Edge .25 Springer
-1000X .25
Webley:
-Tomahawk .177 & .22
-Spector SR .177  w/custom Striker wood stock
-VMX .20 (3, 1 gas rammed)
Beeman P17
Sig Sauer P226

Offline Lt. Dan

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2019, 07:59:28 AM »
Nice refinish,  that's one of the things I like about wood stocks.  Thanks for the words of encouragement.
Words to Live By:
Before You Spend - Earn;    
Before You Quit - Try;     
Before You Die - Live

Offline A.K.A. Tommy Boy

• Small Game Hunter &
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Real Name: Tom            U.S. Army Infantry Veteran Vietnam 1967-1973
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2019, 12:10:14 PM »
Okay, I'm sure someone on here has ordered a Nitro Venom stock from Crosman. Do you mind me asking how much can I expect to pay for the stock and trigger guard plus shipping? I'm on a tight budget, I'm having to buy my daughter a car and ours needs replacing as well.

Dan......I have a Crosman Titan stock fitted on my Crosman Vantage.   

The Vantage dropped right in....after I removed the rear open sight.

The Titan does not come with open sights like the Vantage does ...so there was a clearance problem on the rear sight.

I got my Titan stock from RBQChicken ( Randy)  He does not like thumb-Hole stocks to start with.

He gave it to me after a refinishing job did not turn out the way he would like it to be.

You might want to post a  Want to Buy  add in the GTA Classifieds and see what turns up.

{ I gave the Vantage stock to 19Sheridan57 (Steve)    I also gave a Hatsan Striker stock to Back_Roads (Jim) after SteveP-52 (Steve) gave me an Edge stock for my Hatsan Striker. }      Thats sorta how things can work around here, sometimes.  The GTA is a great place to be.  ;D

Best Wishes - Tom

Here is a picture of the Vantage in the Titan stock.   Click the picture to enlarge the image.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 12:23:42 PM by A.K.A. Tommy Boy »
  • Uff-dah Minnesota---- Located in the Nord East Wintersux Zone = Northern Mn. & Wi. Border Area
My Primary Hunting Guns
20cal Vintage 1979 Sheridan Silver Streak  (NicelyResealed&Rebuilt By Rob112o)(*My MOST ACCURATE HUNTER & SNAP SHOOTER*)
22cal Benjamin Trail NP XL 1100 Magnum W/CDT GRT III Trigger (*MY MOST POWERFUL RIFLE & BEST "RESTED-SHOT" HUNTER*)
25cal Hatsan 85 Sniper Vortex W/Camo Stock & Extra 117cal Sniper Barrel (Good Winter & Windy Day Gun)
117cal Hatsan Striker Vortex W/Edge Stock (*EXCELLENT SNAP SHOOTER & GOOD WINTER GUN*)
22cal Crosman Summit Ranger NP2 (***MY BEST ALL-ROUND HUNTER & WINTER GUN***)
25cal Hatsan Edge Vortex.  (Good Snap-Shooter on Winter or Windy Days)
117cal Crosman Vantage NP1 W/Titan Stock (My Old Trusty Standby Rifle)
117cal Crosman 2100 (My Lightest Weight Hunter)
Occasional Hunters
117cal Custom Older X-3 Stoeger W/B-3 Spring (NicelyRefinished&Rebuilt By SteveP-52)
117cal Chinese B-3 (My Mean Mongrel Junkyard Dog)
117cal 2 Crosman 1377 Pistols (Mouse Zappers)
117cal Umarex NXG APX (Chipmunk Hunter)
117cal Red Ridder BB Gun (Pop Can Hunter)

Offline Lt. Dan

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2019, 01:39:35 PM »
Great suggestion,  I don't guess it even occurred to me that another member my have a stock that they would want to depart with. I will post that a little later.
Words to Live By:
Before You Spend - Earn;    
Before You Quit - Try;     
Before You Die - Live

Online Back_Roads

• ???
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Sentry 702-3 .22 40 FPE W/ 30 gr. BBT FN
    • https://www.facebook.com/pg/longshot/about/
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2019, 10:11:39 AM »

The Titan does not come with open sights like the Vantage does ...so there was a clearance problem on the rear sight.

I got my Titan stock from RBQChicken ( Randy)  He does not like thumb-Hole stocks to start with.

He gave it to me after a refinishing job did not turn out the way he would like it to be.

You might want to post a  Want to Buy  add in the GTA Classifieds and see what turns up.

{ I gave the Vantage stock to 19Sheridan57 (Steve)    I also gave a Hatsan Striker stock to Back_Roads (Jim) after SteveP-52 (Steve) gave me an Edge stock for my Hatsan Striker. }      Thats sorta how things can work around here, sometimes.  The GTA is a great place to be.  ;D

Best Wishes - Tom

Here is a picture of the Vantage in the Titan stock.   Click the picture to enlarge the image.

It's the GTA " Stock Market" lol.
Seems after some point we end up with parts etc. that we need to get rid of to make room for more.
  • Wisconsin Collins ;Hunters Paradise; Theres a Sign in town to prove it :)
We Got The Guns !
(Sorry, but you are not allowed to access the gallery)

Offline 19Sheridan57

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2019, 07:56:36 AM »

Best Wishes - Tom

Does anyone know if the Vantage Twanger stock would fit his rifle ? I still have the one Tom gave to me & am not using it. I got it for my Crosman " Go To Twanger," which had an ugly synthetic stock. I found a Gamo Twanger that doesn't Twang as much, & it took over as my new Go To Twanger. Someone wanted the old Twanger, but said that they wished it had a synthetic stock. Null problemo, so I switched the Twanger stocks back out. NOW, I have the extra wood Twanger stock.
  • Florida

Offline SteveP-52

• I'm the wrong guy to ask about talking you out of an air rifle :)
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2019, 12:47:01 PM »
Whether twanger or gas piston, receiver is still the same so it should drop right in. Only problem I had dropping the Optimus in the Titan stock was the rear sight, which I broke off the first time I cocked it but I was planning to scope it anyway.

That Titan stock now has my .22 Prowler in it which came without open sights and dropped right in, so his should drop in a Vantage stock with no problems. Just as has already been mentioned, make sure that back lug brace in in place.
  • Buffalo, NY, USA
Hatsan Galatian III QE .25
Hatsan Flashpup .25
Hatsan Flash .22
Beeman R9 .20
Weihrauch HW95 .22
Mendoza Blackhawk .22
Norica Dead Eye GRS .22
Hatsans:
-Model 95 springer .25
-Model 95 QE .22
-Edge .25 Springer
-1000X .25
Webley:
-Tomahawk .177 & .22
-Spector SR .177  w/custom Striker wood stock
-VMX .20 (3, 1 gas rammed)
Beeman P17
Sig Sauer P226

Offline A.K.A. Tommy Boy

• Small Game Hunter &
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Real Name: Tom            U.S. Army Infantry Veteran Vietnam 1967-1973
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2019, 12:30:57 AM »

Best Wishes - Tom

Does anyone know if the Vantage Twanger stock would fit his rifle ? I still have the one Tom gave to me & am not using it. I got it for my Crosman " Go To Twanger," which had an ugly synthetic stock. I found a Gamo Twanger that doesn't Twang as much, & it took over as my new Go To Twanger. Someone wanted the old Twanger, but said that they wished it had a synthetic stock. Null problemo, so I switched the Twanger stocks back out. NOW, I have the extra wood Twanger stock.

Steve :

So if SteveP-52 has put a Prowler in a Titan stock...
and I have put a Vantage in a Titan stock....
then I would think that a Prowler would fit in a Vantage stock       

They all three should be interchangeable. 

Anyway that is my best guess.

Best Wishes - Tom
  • Uff-dah Minnesota---- Located in the Nord East Wintersux Zone = Northern Mn. & Wi. Border Area
My Primary Hunting Guns
20cal Vintage 1979 Sheridan Silver Streak  (NicelyResealed&Rebuilt By Rob112o)(*My MOST ACCURATE HUNTER & SNAP SHOOTER*)
22cal Benjamin Trail NP XL 1100 Magnum W/CDT GRT III Trigger (*MY MOST POWERFUL RIFLE & BEST "RESTED-SHOT" HUNTER*)
25cal Hatsan 85 Sniper Vortex W/Camo Stock & Extra 117cal Sniper Barrel (Good Winter & Windy Day Gun)
117cal Hatsan Striker Vortex W/Edge Stock (*EXCELLENT SNAP SHOOTER & GOOD WINTER GUN*)
22cal Crosman Summit Ranger NP2 (***MY BEST ALL-ROUND HUNTER & WINTER GUN***)
25cal Hatsan Edge Vortex.  (Good Snap-Shooter on Winter or Windy Days)
117cal Crosman Vantage NP1 W/Titan Stock (My Old Trusty Standby Rifle)
117cal Crosman 2100 (My Lightest Weight Hunter)
Occasional Hunters
117cal Custom Older X-3 Stoeger W/B-3 Spring (NicelyRefinished&Rebuilt By SteveP-52)
117cal Chinese B-3 (My Mean Mongrel Junkyard Dog)
117cal 2 Crosman 1377 Pistols (Mouse Zappers)
117cal Umarex NXG APX (Chipmunk Hunter)
117cal Red Ridder BB Gun (Pop Can Hunter)

Offline kkarmical

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2019, 01:36:58 AM »

I'll have to look through my garage tomorrow to find the box and invoice to see which one it is, but stock guard and screws was $20 + shipping.

• Fairfield, CA
Synrod .25 Bullpup .25 - 55fpe
SPA P-12 .22 - 43fpe
Kral .22 Breaker - 37fpe -
Benjamin Trail NP2 .22 
Stoeger ATAC .22

Offline Lt. Dan

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2019, 01:36:21 PM »

I'll have to look through my garage tomorrow to find the box and invoice to see which one it is, but stock guard and screws was $20 + shipping.
Thanks, I would appreciate that.
Words to Live By:
Before You Spend - Earn;    
Before You Quit - Try;     
Before You Die - Live

GTA - The best place for discussion about Air Guns.

Sponsored Ad: