To Help You to Promote and to Defend Shooting Sports

Author Topic: To Help You to Promote and to Defend Shooting Sports  (Read 140 times))

Offline JungleShooter

• I rather be a Thwacker than a
  • Marksman
  • There is a bug. It's called AG. It bit me! Bad.
To Help You to Promote and to Defend Shooting Sports
« on: February 21, 2019, 08:41:02 PM »

To help you to promote and to defend shooting sports:

I just received a short article describing the 4-H Shooting Sports program.

• It includes archery, hunting skills, muzzle-loading firearms, pistol, rifle, shotgun, and western heritage.
• It is one of the largest and safest 4-H programs.
• The program was established nearly 40 years ago and now engages 428,000 young people per year.
• 4-H uses firearms as an educational, recreational, and competitive means for promoting positive youth development (PYD).

Here’s the link:
https://joe.org/joe/2019february/comm2.php?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2019february
  • Lima, PERU

Offline Slavia

• Sharp Shooter
Re: To Help You to Promote and to Defend Shooting Sports
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 10:58:48 PM »
I was a 4H rifle/pistol coach about 15 years ago when the kids were younger (three generations of 4H in our family).  It's a good program.  A first step would be to contact your state 4H organization.  They can steer you to  local clubs or county federations of clubs that are active in the shooting sports.  They're always looking for adult involvement.  4H isn't just for farm kids, and it isn't limited to agricultural projects.

Another way to promote the shooting sports is to become a volunteer firearm safety instructor (you know - that class people have to take to get a hunting license).  Contact your state department of natural resources for more information and upcoming instructor training.  You don't even have to teach the class.  I know a couple of people that just took the training to be more effective with their own children.
  • Waseca, Minnesota

Offline eeler1

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
Re: To Help You to Promote and to Defend Shooting Sports
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 11:46:08 PM »

Another way to promote the shooting sports is to become a volunteer firearm safety instructor (you know - that class people have to take to get a hunting license).  Contact your state department of natural resources for more information and upcoming instructor training.  You don't even have to teach the class.  I know a couple of people that just took the training to be more effective with their own children.

+1
  • West Sacramento, CA

GTA - The best place for discussion about Air Guns.

Sponsored Ad: