FX Dreamline question?

Author Topic: FX Dreamline question?  (Read 553 times))

Offline chwillbill68

• Marksman
  • yes
FX Dreamline question?
« on: February 11, 2019, 11:37:56 PM »
I know I don't see a lot or maybe nothing about FX airguns on here but there has to be some folks in GTA that buy and shoot them. Anyway I was wondering if anyone has bought any configuration of the Dreamline that has been out for a little while now.

I like the price of them and I think one would fill a nice nitch in my airgun arsenal.  I am waiting for the tactical version to come out. I was hoping that if someone bought one, that they might be willing to share their thoughts and insights on it.  Also hoping I could ask question about different things I see on the airgun and such.

Thanks Bill C!
  • State College, PA, USA
Hatsan AT 44-10QE  .22 cal
Synrod .25 cal
Benjamin Trail NP X1 .177 cal
Leshiy .25 cal
Crosman 180
SIG MCX .177 cal
Seneca Dragonfly .22cal

Offline Hoople

• Shooter
  • triplets
Re: FX Dreamline question?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 10:12:58 AM »
They are expected to start shipping later this month. I think we will all know when they do; won't take much prodding.  ;)
  • Wise, Virginia

Offline oldpro

• JSA
  • Vendors
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 10:51:37 AM »
FX had really done a great job bringing new products to market. I really like the Dreamliner group. I hope to shoot some soon
  • USA, CA, Mt. Shasta
FX tarantula

Evanix Speed .22
Vulcan .25
AA-S510 Ultra carbine
Marauder .25 full ART upgraded
Evanix max ML .45

Prod
Taipan Shorty

Offline PaulT58

• Guns? What guns?
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Ain't no wrong way to do the right thing!
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 10:56:35 AM »
I was on the Utah Airguns site last week and had put a Classic Dreamline in my cart just to see what shipping would cost.  I left it there and that evening I received a call from them saying they had some of the Classics in stock, but only the laminate and walnut stocks.  The one I had in my cart with synthetic.  I was out to dinner with friends, so I was unable to take the call, but followed up with an e-mail the next day asking about availability of the barrel kits for them.  I have not heard back, so they must be really busy, or forgot about me...

I am interested in learning more about the swappable barrel kits.  I think it would be great to have both .25 and .22 and be able to swap between the two...
  • Navarre, FL
AIRGUNS:
Benjamin Mrod, Prod & Synrod .22 & .25
Benjamin Trail NP2 .22
Evanix Air Speed .22
Gamo Whisper Fusion .177
Hatsan Torpedo 100X .25
Hatsan BullBoss .22
Hatsan AT44S-10 .177
Nova-Vista Liberty .177
Sam Yang Sumatra 2500 .25
SPA PR900W (Varmint) .22
Umarex Gauntlet .22 & .25

FOR SALE:
AirMax Plinkster .22 include a 1/2-20 UNF LDC Adapter, Single Shot Tray and a Magazine - $75 + Shipping
Benjamin Marauder .25, Regulated, MDS Hammer, TSS, Large TP, Boyd's Stock, includes 4 magazines, a single shot tray and -20 UNF adapter - $600 + Shipping

Offline chwillbill68

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 12:58:50 PM »
I was on the Utah Airguns site last week and had put a Classic Dreamline in my cart just to see what shipping would cost.  I left it there and that evening I received a call from them saying they had some of the Classics in stock, but only the laminate and walnut stocks.  The one I had in my cart with synthetic.  I was out to dinner with friends, so I was unable to take the call, but followed up with an e-mail the next day asking about availability of the barrel kits for them.  I have not heard back, so they must be really busy, or forgot about me...

I am interested in learning more about the swappable barrel kits.  I think it would be great to have both .25 and .22 and be able to swap between the two...

I want to swap barrels also.  At first just in same cal. with the X barrel and slug liners when out.  I hope someone will do some shooting and tell what the different FPS & FPE with the cal. dial.  For instance you have a 22 cal and what happens when you shoot it on the 25 cal or 30 cal setting. 
  • State College, PA, USA
Synrod .25 cal
Leshiy .25 cal
Crosman 180
SIG MCX .177 cal
Seneca Dragonfly .22cal

Offline PaulT58

• Guns? What guns?
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2019, 02:01:41 PM »
I don't know about the Dreamline, but I have read reviews of the Crown where it was shooting the same speed with the .22 and .25 barrels.  If I remember correctly, both were shooting at around 925 fps, but I don't recall which pellets were being used.
  • Navarre, FL
AIRGUNS:
Benjamin Trail NP2 .22
Evanix Air Speed .22
Gamo Whisper Fusion .177
Hatsan Torpedo 100X .25
Hatsan BullBoss .22
Hatsan AT44S-10 .177
Nova-Vista Liberty .177
SPA PR900W (Varmint) .22

FOR SALE:
AirMax Plinkster .22 include a 1/2-20 UNF LDC Adapter, Single Shot Tray and a Magazine - $75 + Shipping
Benjamin Marauder .25, Regulated, MDS Hammer, TSS, Large TP, Boyd's Stock, includes 4 magazines, a single shot tray and -20 UNF adapter - $600 + Shipping

Offline chwillbill68

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2019, 02:43:42 PM »
I don't know about the Dreamline, but I have read reviews of the Crown where it was shooting the same speed with the .22 and .25 barrels.  If I remember correctly, both were shooting at around 925 fps, but I don't recall which pellets were being used.

That would be great.  I thought I heard or read that the ports were smaller on the dreamline but not real sure. On AAC review he was shooting 18 gr JSB at around 870 fps. Not sure what all adjustments he had done to it!
  • State College, PA, USA
Synrod .25 cal
Leshiy .25 cal
Crosman 180
SIG MCX .177 cal
Seneca Dragonfly .22cal

Offline PaulT58

• Guns? What guns?
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2019, 06:39:17 PM »
I did some price comparisons on the Black Pepper Laminate Classic Dreamline.  It appears to be available at Utah Airguns, PA/AGD, and KRALE.  KRALE does not offer theDonnyFL Moderator Option, but I added the $99.99 for a TANTO, which it appears is what is being included at PA/AGD and offered for $79.99 at Utah Airguns.  All these prices are shipped to the FL Panhandle:

Utah Airguns:  $1,362.98

PyramydAir:  $1,329.99

KRALE:  $1,116.45 + LDC ( $99.00) = $1,215.45

At this point, it appears Utah Airguns is the only folks who are actually receiving and shipping these air rifles.
  • Navarre, FL
AIRGUNS:
Benjamin Trail NP2 .22
Evanix Air Speed .22
Gamo Whisper Fusion .177
Hatsan Torpedo 100X .25
Hatsan BullBoss .22
Hatsan AT44S-10 .177
Nova-Vista Liberty .177
SPA PR900W (Varmint) .22

FOR SALE:

Offline chwillbill68

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2019, 07:09:27 PM »
Those prices seem pretty good! 
  • State College, PA, USA
Synrod .25 cal
Leshiy .25 cal
Crosman 180
SIG MCX .177 cal
Seneca Dragonfly .22cal

Offline oldpro

• JSA
  • Vendors
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2019, 07:18:51 PM »
 They will be out next month and i like everything I see!!!
  • USA, CA, Mt. Shasta
FX tarantula

Evanix Speed .22
Vulcan .25
AA-S510 Ultra carbine
Evanix max ML .45

Prod
Taipan Shorty

Offline Hoople

• Shooter
  • triplets
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2019, 10:32:00 PM »
Precision Airguns and Supplies has .22 cal Walnut & Grey Laminates in stock. Krale wouldn't ship FX products to US when AoA had them, they may now, not sure.

They will be out next month and i like everything I see!!!
+1 on that.
  • Wise, Virginia

Offline PaulT58

• Guns? What guns?
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2019, 10:18:15 AM »
Anyone purchased from KRALE?  Seems odd that they can offer these for less (plus less cost for shipping) than any of the US vendors. 

Ordering a base synthetic stock Dreamline from the following vendors:

Utah Airguns:  $1,032.99

PA/AGD:  $1,079.99

KRALE:     $879.14

The orders from Utah Airguns and KRALE do not include the DonnyFL Moderator option or any other options, just the air rifle, shipping and in the case of KRALE a credit card fee.  I read that PA/AGD is providing the DonnyFL moderator as included on the Dreamline, but I also read they are permanently attached at the factory.  I'm not so sure I'd want it permanently attached in the event I want to remove it or use a different, larger moderator. 

It seems the savings going through KRALE is pretty substantial.  Just curious if I'm missing something, like having to pay customs or something when it arrives.  Can anyone help enlighten me as to how this works when purchasing from KRALE?  Thanks...
  • Navarre, FL
AIRGUNS:
Benjamin Trail NP2 .22
Evanix Air Speed .22
Gamo Whisper Fusion .177
Hatsan Torpedo 100X .25
Hatsan BullBoss .22
Hatsan AT44S-10 .177
Nova-Vista Liberty .177
SPA PR900W (Varmint) .22

FOR SALE:

Offline Sfttailrdr46

• Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Think first then hit send
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2019, 11:16:13 AM »
Krale seems to be a very viable option their customer service by all accounts is excellent and most members seem to receive their rifles well packaged and usually in under 7 days. Full disclosure I have not purchased from them but enough other members have and I only remember 1 or 2 occasions where customs was an issue and the rifle was held up in limbo for some silly reason. I would not hesitate to buy from them if a rifle that I wanted was only available through them for whatever the reason.
  • Long Island N.Y.
AA S510 Xtra Fac .177 RH Walnut
Beeman RX-2 .20 cal
BSA R-10 MK II SE .22 FS
Rainstorm II .22 AWESOME Rifle
Air Speed .25 Smile Machine
Gamo Whisper Fusion .177
Gamo Swarm Maxxim .22
Marauder GenII .30  Boyd's TH 100+ fpe
RWS D460  .177  
PP700 SA ,22 PCP pistol W/Rocker1 LDC & Red Dot
CP2 .22 Pistol/Carbine
SPA Varmint .177
Freedom 8 & Guppy CF Tank & 45 min SCBA
 https://www.zeemaps.com/map?

Offline KnifeMaker

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2019, 11:57:30 AM »
I too would only buy from them "IF" the AG I wanted was not offered from one of our dealers. One of our members did just that. A HW 10 that was not avaliable with the carbine option here.

The reason being, I want dealer warranty  support. If I have an issue, which is always possible with a new gun, especially a new platform, I want to be able to pick up the phone and talk to someone knowledgeable on the platform, NOW. LOL

That, and I support our dealers.

Knife
  • Central Texas

Offline Sfttailrdr46

• Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Think first then hit send
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2019, 12:15:50 PM »
I too would only buy from them "IF" the AG I wanted was not offered from one of our dealers. One of our members did just that. A HW 10 that was not avaliable with the carbine option here.

The reason being, I want dealer warranty  support. If I have an issue, which is always possible with a new gun, especially a new platform, I want to be able to pick up the phone and talk to someone knowledgeable on the platform, NOW. LOL

That, and I support our dealers.

Knife

^^^^ +1 on the local support especially since I only sprechen ze English  ::) ;D ;D
  • Long Island N.Y.
AA S510 Xtra Fac .177 RH Walnut
Beeman RX-2 .20 cal
BSA R-10 MK II SE .22 FS
Rainstorm II .22 AWESOME Rifle
Air Speed .25 Smile Machine
Gamo Whisper Fusion .177
Gamo Swarm Maxxim .22
Marauder GenII .30  Boyd's TH 100+ fpe
RWS D460  .177  
PP700 SA ,22 PCP pistol W/Rocker1 LDC & Red Dot
CP2 .22 Pistol/Carbine
SPA Varmint .177
Freedom 8 & Guppy CF Tank & 45 min SCBA
 https://www.zeemaps.com/map?

Offline oldpro

• JSA
  • Vendors
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2019, 12:36:24 PM »
I was going to start a thread in or vendor gate but why not here JSAR is now as of today a FX authorized dealer we will be carrying ALL models of FX guns and we will match or beat any authorized price set down by FX. More to come today on this.
  • USA, CA, Mt. Shasta
FX tarantula

Evanix Speed .22
Vulcan .25
AA-S510 Ultra carbine
Evanix max ML .45

Prod
Taipan Shorty

Offline chwillbill68

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2019, 01:04:23 PM »
I was going to start a thread in or vendor gate but why not here JSAR is now as of today a FX authorized dealer we will be carrying ALL models of FX guns and we will match or beat any authorized price set down by FX. More to come today on this.

That's awesome!!!
  • State College, PA, USA
Synrod .25 cal
Leshiy .25 cal
Crosman 180
SIG MCX .177 cal
Seneca Dragonfly .22cal

Offline PaulT58

• Guns? What guns?
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2019, 02:19:35 PM »

Well, that certainly changes things!  LOL!  Talk about timing!  I'll be watching my inbox for a quote to purchase a new FX Dreamline!   ;D
  • Navarre, FL
AIRGUNS:
Benjamin Trail NP2 .22
Evanix Air Speed .22
Gamo Whisper Fusion .177
Hatsan Torpedo 100X .25
Hatsan BullBoss .22
Hatsan AT44S-10 .177
Nova-Vista Liberty .177
SPA PR900W (Varmint) .22

FOR SALE:

Offline oldpro

• JSA
  • Vendors
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2019, 02:25:50 PM »

Well, that certainly changes things!  LOL!  Talk about timing!  I'll be watching my inbox for a quote to purchase a new FX Dreamline!   ;D
Just PM me exactly what you want. We ordered a bunch of dreamlines.
  • USA, CA, Mt. Shasta
FX tarantula

Evanix Speed .22
Vulcan .25
AA-S510 Ultra carbine
Evanix max ML .45

Prod
Taipan Shorty

Offline justmecurtis

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2019, 02:35:04 PM »
I had and Dream Pup on order from Utah Airguns.  After finding out that the Dream lite and classic would be coming out first and he was not sure when they would get the Dream pup in,  I desided to get the Impact X instead.  I also was able to get a slug barrel for it.  After added up the cost to get the dream line I wanted (Dream pup with 600mm .22 slug barrel) buying a case and waiting. I desided that I was too close to the cost of an impact to not get the impact.   Came in the mail yesterday.
  • Frederick, Maryland
FX Impact X
Airforce Texan .45
Gamo Coyote .25
PP700S-A .22
Ruger Impact

GTA - The best place for discussion about Air Guns.

Thank you for Supporting GTA!