Hatsan Flash slugs?

Author Topic: Hatsan Flash slugs?  (Read 114 times))

Offline cadenseegers

• Shooter
  • yes
Hatsan Flash slugs?
« on: January 25, 2019, 07:47:26 PM »
I bought this Hatsan Flash .25 a while back and it was my first PCP. I really enjoy the power and accuracy. I use JSB's and it is hole in hole accuracy at 50 yards. I had some H&N Grizzly pellets that are hit or miss. Sometimes they're right on the money and other times they miss the 2x12 backstop I have. They are powerful when they hit though. They go completely through the backstop and a 1" pine board from 25 yards. I really prefer slugs over pellets because they don't squish when they hit something like the JSB's do. The JSB pellets are very accurate but crumple when they hit the board. Penetration is still great but I hunt often and I wanna feel more confident by shooting something that has a similar power of the Grizzly slugs. I know my barrel is choked but it shoots the Grizzly's good when I check the size of them for inconsistency before I shoot them. Long story short, I have 2 questions. 1. Does anyone know the diameter of the barrel and the choke in a stock LW Hatsan Flash .25 barrel? 2. Does Nick have any slugs that will shoot accurately in my rifle? I appreciate you reading this long paragraph. I'm new to the PCP world and will take any information you guys are willing to give me. Thanks!
  • Umatilla, FL, USA

Offline Rallyshark

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
Re: Hatsan Flash slugs?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 12:45:14 AM »
I haven't tried any in .25, but I'd guess the same ones that would work in the other Hatsan guns that are .25 would probably work in the Flash.  I recommend getting the sample pack, and see if any of those work for you. 

FWIW, squishy pellets are very good for hunting most critters.  Generally speaking, you want the pellets to expand and dump as much energy as possible in the critter when hunting.  You don't want to just poke a hole in it.  The only time you really need that maximum penetration is on larger tougher critters like pigs, where you'd take a head shot that has to penetrate the skull. 

Some of the hardest pellets that penetrate well would be the Barracuda Match, Benjamin Domes, and Eun Jin pellets.  The JSB 34grain do pretty well too, since they are on the heavy side.  The biggest benefit to the NSA slugs is how well the buck wind and maintain more energy down range.  They are hollow points though, so they will expand in flesh.  I hope that helps :) 
  • Dacula, GA
Bullboss .22, 30 F.P.E. Regulated
(65+ F.P.E. unregulated)
Flash .22, 20-60fpe(sold)
Flash .177, 56 shots at 19 F.P.E.j Regulated
(40+ F.P.E. unregulated)
PP700S-A .177 15 F.P.E. Regulated
(25+ F.P.E. unregulated)
Gamo Accu 177 pew pew pew F.P.E.

I may have Alzheimers, but at least
I don't have Alzheimers...

GTA - The best place for discussion about Air Guns.