Where did the Yellow Forum go? is it Dead?

Author Topic: Where did the Yellow Forum go? is it Dead?  (Read 843 times))

Offline Rocko

• Marksman
Re: Where did the Yellow Forum go? is it Dead?
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2019, 06:32:03 PM »
Manny,  as you well know, there is another forum that started out the same way, say the wrong thing & you were out.  They have seemed to mellowed out a little since then.  To late for you tho.  What happened was just wrong!!

Offline Nomadic Pirate

• Hog Seeker
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2019, 08:26:31 PM »
Manny,  as you well know, there is another forum that started out the same way, say the wrong thing & you were out.  They have seemed to mellowed out a little since then.  To late for you tho.  What happened was just wrong!!

;D ;D ;D ......Yep, those who started that forum where huge whiners about the Yellow censoring them when they where members
 then turned around and did the same when they had their own forum,...so I pointed that out to them and I got a big bulls eye on my back  ;D ;D and eventually got shot  ;D
  • North Shore Oahu Hawaii
Evanix Tactical Sniper    .50   200 FPE
Evanix Model 70              .357 140 FPE
Evanix REX Carbine           .357 120 FPE
Evanix REX Mini-Carbine     .357  95  FPE
Evanix RainStorm II             .30    85 FPE
Evanix Storm II Mini-Carbine .30    70 FPE
Evanix RainStorm II             .25    80 FPE
Evanix RainStorm II            .25    70 FPE
Evanix Air Speed                .22    20 FPE

Offline Jaycee

• Plinker
  • yes
    • Clague Airstrippers
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2019, 10:39:35 PM »

;D ;D ;D ......Yep, those who started that forum where huge whiners about the Yellow censoring them when they where members
 then turned around and did the same when they had their own forum,...so I pointed that out to them and I got a big bulls eye on my back  ;D ;D and eventually got shot  ;D

Same here Manny, told the owner he was starting to go down the same road as the yellow with the editing and banning, then had the nerve to criticize another sponsor and got banned. Or should I say blackmailed, I was a sponsor and was told I could continue to sponsor the forum but take no part in it, so I withdrew my sponsorship and got banned.  At least the admin on this site are fair minded and give people a chance, don't just jump all over them and ban them, best site to be on IMPO.
  • Redwood Valley, California

Offline dan_house

• Sharp Shooter
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2019, 02:46:25 PM »
Ill add this:

the old "Yellow Forum" (and thouands of others ) were origianlly created on a platform called "Network 54"  which  allowed easy creation of forums, and an easy way for forum owners to customize them within the constrains of the platform. NW54 ("Notwork54" soon became a nickname) never realy got updated as the web technology evolved and become mroe capable. They made a reasonable effort that lasted about 19 months, but in that process managed to reck havoc on existing forums on their platform, couldnt acdept billing (and the chaos that caused users with upgraded capabilites) and really never got finished with that attempt. You couldn not contact ANYONE at NW54 managament, they would not infomr anyone (including folks that had paid) and this went on for months.

thne the announcement that Tapatalk had bought Netowork54 and all the forums would be converted to Tapatalk format in due time. (Whoever said, above, that Tapatalk is a mobile app for accessing their forums is  half correct, but Tapatalk is a huge forum hosting platform much like NW54, and likely to be as big a dinosaur as some point.....). Tapatalk (aka TT) had different rules of operations for forums, different rules for advertising etc etcetc and Yellow couldnt/wouldnt abide by them, and wound up contracting programing services for the platform you see now as AirGunWarriors.

To be fair and blunt, Tapatalk f*cked everyone that had a forum up on NW54. Combine that with the sudden decision of Photobucket to not allow free accounts to link images for posting on any forum, and it was a death knell for many forums.

When Yellow switched to the new format and name, they left a lot of the historucal posts on the Tapatalk platform, then --rumor has it-- that Steve the owner got into another spat with the TT folks, and they shut down the Tapatalk version of the yellow, deleting all the posts, data and pics up to the point of the AGW platform coming on line.......

I know all this, as I was a active yellow reader and regualr poster. I also moved a forum off NW54, to anohter service, suffering the same traffic loss as AGW has.   Hats off to the mods and programmers here, they picked the correct path, platform and staff for bringing an online presence up and making it healthy and viable.
Thomas L .177
CCA Tuned Diana54
The Lunatic Fringe of American Airgunning
Southwest Montana's Headquarters for Airgunning Supremacy

Proud sponsor of Team_subsonic

Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

Offline mr007s

• Sharp Shooter
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2019, 02:58:19 PM »
I never signed on there but did surf around and read post. I liked the off topic page and some of the nice girlie pics. Ironically, I did manage to purchase several guns off the YF classifieds. Got a nice 2240,, .25 cal cricket carbine and a much sought after .22 cal mutant standard. All sellers were prompt and great to deal with and the 3 shooters were/are top notch items.
  • Hickory, North Carolina
mr007s,,,,,Life is Good

Offline TF89

• Sharp Shooter
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2019, 04:22:06 PM »
Wow!  Thanks for all the history.
  • Puget Sound, WA
Benjamin Discovery .22 now BNM breech/shroud quasi-carbine. (20" barrel) 
Crosman 400 (love this one)
Crosman 140 with 2260 top end
Remington NPSS .177
Crosman 1322, 14 barrel, partial mods, flat top piston
Beeman P17

Offline Pursang

• Plinker
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2019, 10:25:21 PM »
That forum was so manipulated, and censored that you couldn't believe anything you read. Anyone who didn't toe the line (which changed frequently) was banned. I guess eventually everyone was banned :)

Good riddance!

GTA - What's been your success with air gun target practice?