Hatsan Dominator bent cocking link?

Author Topic: Hatsan Dominator bent cocking link?  (Read 126 times))

Offline Cliff H

• Shooter
Hatsan Dominator bent cocking link?
« on: January 20, 2019, 09:32:43 PM »
I have only put 20 or 30 shots through this and ive been noticing a roughness i guess i call it to the cocking cycle.  Its not smooth like my Gamo ACCU. So i flip it over and look at the cocking mechanism and see that cocking link from the barrel to the piston is bent over to one side pretty good.  Heres a pic...
   I can barely get a piece of soda can between the link and the stock when i pull the cocking arm down a bit. You can see how far bent from looking at the SAS shock absorber system.  Can you Dominator guys look at yours and see how straight or bent yours is?   I think the harshness is the link rubbing against the compression tube. 

Offline Mossonarock

• Licensed to crenellate
  • Plinker
  • yes
Re: Hatsan Dominator bent cocking link?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 09:22:00 AM »
It looks like yours is the springer Dominator rather than the vortex Dominator? Have you taken it apart, cleaned it and relubed it? These Dominators really need a good cleaning and relubing. It really smooths out the action. If yours cocks, I wouldn't worry about it till after cleaning it- then see what its like. But a bend like that I would assume that you could straighten. You may need to build a jig to help you.
  • USA, NC, Winston-Salem

GTA - What's been your success with air gun target practice?

Sponsored Ad: