Ruger Airhawk Elite II ( Trigger upgrade?)

Author Topic: Ruger Airhawk Elite II ( Trigger upgrade?)  (Read 636 times))

Offline mikeyb

• Plinker
  • yes
Re: Ruger Airhawk Elite II ( Trigger upgrade?)
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2019, 09:05:45 AM »
YES the Weaver/Picatinny rail portion IS PLASTIC. It is a strong glass fiber(?) reinforced structural polymer and is NOT metal. Therefore it "may" break under scope clamp stress and the repeated impacts of the springers (although milder gas spring) double recoil. You should be aware of that possibility before making the purchase.

I also read some complaints about rail breakage and would NOT have purchase this at the NEW price. A ~$51 refurb cost makes this a bargain project rifle for me, with really nothing to fix other than that crunchy stiff trigger and safety. I LIKE shooting open sights so if the rail were to crack on my rifle I think it would remain 100% functional for my use.

Also remember that the "squeaky wheel gets the grease". For every broken rail complaint angrily published (as they should be) there may have been thousands of quietly satisfied customers?
  • USA, NY, Rochester

Offline Lt. Dan

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2019, 08:32:33 PM »

I completed the modifications to my trigger today. In Mike's words my trigger had the same crunchy fake first stage which seamlessly stuttered into the second stage and the actual release point felt inconsistent and was unpredictable. After following Mike's very detailed instructions (with photos) my Ruger's trigger now has a true single stage trigger that has a firm predictable crisp release. I'm very pleased, thanks Mike.
  • South Mississippi in the good ole USA
Words to Live By:
Before You Pray - Believe;  
Before You Speak - Listen;   
Before You Spend - Earn;    
Before You Write - Think;     
Before You Quit - Try;     
Before You Die - Live

Offline mikeyb

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2019, 08:52:50 PM »

I completed the modifications to my trigger today. In Mike's words my trigger had the same crunchy fake first stage which seamlessly stuttered into the second stage and the actual release point felt inconsistent and was unpredictable. After following Mike's very detailed instructions (with photos) my Ruger's trigger now has a true single stage trigger that has a firm predictable crisp release. I'm very pleased, thanks Mike.

You are very welcome :)  I'm glad the information was helpful and thank you for the feedback.
  • USA, NY, Rochester

How do you word it... "Air Guns" or "AirGuns"?
Sponsored Ad:

Sponsored Ad: