Is this a industry standard?

Author Topic: Is this a industry standard?  (Read 875 times))

Offline wheelie

• Shooter
  • yes
    • Independent Riders
Re: Is this a industry standard?
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2019, 11:44:50 PM »
Happened to me with a QB78S. Sent it back and still waiting on a new one. Could have got my money back but I want the gun to modify.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 11:47:45 PM by wheelie »
  • Ont. Canada

Offline Horatio

• Expert
  • Us Italians build important stuff.
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2019, 01:44:22 AM »
I picked up a .22 Maximus on clearance from Wally World  86$... I am pretty sure it was a return because it had a slightly miscut chamber and was not accurate with any pellet... that was easily fixxed... When done that way then I have no problem with them not saying it why it is on clearance... But to sell a return as new without even checking the rifle out is just wrong...
To sell anything as new when it isn't is not just bad policy, it is illegal.  Consumer Protection kind of thing.  Even if they made it right and gave you a freebie gun to boot, I would report them to the BBB on general principle.  I cannot abide with a company that displays such a lack of integrity.

If it is anything other than brand-spanking-unopened-new, label it as such and let the buyer beware and I'm good with that.

I agree itís messed up. The problem with ďillegalĒ is the proof of intent. Think lawsuit vs jail time. (I think)
  • Lakewood CA
No captain can do very wrong if he places his ship alongside that of the enemy.

Offline Airnut

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2019, 06:29:23 PM »
Update:
Well I got a letter from the Pa. State Attorney General today and they have issued a case number and have notified Field Supply of the compliant, Field Supply has 20 days to respond.
So thats were we stand at this time.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 06:32:45 PM by Airnut »
  • USA. Yorktown va.
Gamo Urban
Ruger Air magnum
Stoeger x-50
Crosman Storm xl
Hatsan Mod25 vortex Supercharger
Crosman Vigilante

Offline anti-squirrel

• Somehow I became a
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Confirmed SPAddict
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2019, 12:12:46 AM »
Frank, you're not the first person to relate an experience such as you experienced regarding Field Supply.  I think I'll avoid making any more purchases there.
Richmond VA

SPA and Crosman stuff
Turkish & Czech springer

and some slingshots for when the pellets get low

Offline Airnut

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2019, 04:46:31 AM »
Frank, you're not the first person to relate an experience such as you experienced regarding Field Supply.  I think I'll avoid making any more purchases there.
Needless to say It will be a cold day in *(&^ before I will deal with them again! But itís not about me. Itís about us as consumers. Why do we put up with this kinda stuff from merchants? Just because they are willing to refund your money,does that make it OK for them to try and rip you off? I know Nothing will become of this complaint but at least I tried and got it on record!
  • USA. Yorktown va.
Gamo Urban
Ruger Air magnum
Stoeger x-50
Crosman Storm xl
Crosman Vigilante

Offline Back_Roads

• ???
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Crosman BMG-1077
    • https://www.facebook.com/pg/longshot/about/
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2019, 09:23:05 AM »
  Strange ... I recently purchased a 95 and a couple weeks later a striker. FS called me to confirm shipping address, in the convo they asked if I w all was well with the refurb 95, I said aside from some scuffing on the barrel bluing, that was a possibility expected with a refurb", and that it was easily fixed. FS then took my CC info ans said they would see if they could give me a discount on the Striker. Fast forward 2 weeks and the full purchase price of the Striker they just shipped was refunded  :o
  • Wisconsin Collins ;Hunters Paradise; Theres a Sign in town to prove it :)
We Got The Guns !

Offline Airnut

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2019, 09:42:22 AM »
  Strange ... I recently purchased a 95 and a couple weeks later a striker. FS called me to confirm shipping address, in the convo they asked if I w all was well with the refurb 95, I said aside from some scuffing on the barrel bluing, that was a possibility expected with a refurb", and that it was easily fixed. FS then took my CC info ans said they would see if they could give me a discount on the Striker. Fast forward 2 weeks and the full purchase price of the Striker they just shipped was refunded  :o
Good for you!!
If I read this right sounds like another Field Supply screw up.
  • USA. Yorktown va.
Gamo Urban
Ruger Air magnum
Stoeger x-50
Crosman Storm xl
Crosman Vigilante

How do you word it... "Air Guns" or "AirGuns"?