It's back!! RWS 34P .177 at Cabelas - $150 (w/4x32AO)[Deal dead (again) @05Feb]

Author Topic: It's back!! RWS 34P .177 at Cabelas - $150 (w/4x32AO)[Deal dead (again) @05Feb]  (Read 5196 times))

Offline UhClem

• Shooter
  • yes
The last time they ran out it popped back up in a day or two, didn't it?
Yes, but ...

I think there's been 3 separate "incarnations" of this deal. First time, OP was tulsatime, in mid-Aug18. Second, I don't recall who OP'd, was in mid-Oct18. Third, this one, (started) on 10Jan19. Each time, as I recall, it would go out-of-stock after a week or two; then be available after 1-2 days; then repeat that two-step once or twice.

For this deal: 10Jan-22Jan avail, 23Jan OOS, 24-29Jan avail, 30Jan OOS, 31Jan-4Feb avail, 5Feb OOS ... "He's dead, Jim."

... Until the next time? ...
  • USA, NH
"That was the best shot I ever seen."
  --"The worst! I was aiming at the horse."

Offline only1harry

• One of the original 3 GTA Musketeers (per Gene Curtis)
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ! (come and get them)
Clem, I think you just volunteered to check the web site every day to see if this or any 34's go back on sale :)

Harry
  • Hudson Valley, NY
Pro-tuned guns:

AF Condor .25 #1,  Condor .25 #2
Condor .22,  Marauder .25,  Disco .22 camo
RWS Diana 350 .22,  RWS Diana 48 .22,
RWS 34K .20 Premium #17 of 30 custom built by Diana
RWS Diana 36 .177  (Gene & Bob tuned)

Factory stock & home tuned:

Gauntlet .22,  Disco .22
RWS 350 .177,  RWS 5G .177
Hammerli 850 .22,  Umarex M&P45
Remington NPSS .22,  Crosman 2240
Crosman 66,  Crosman 760
Crosman Air17,  Crosman 38T

Offline Stinger177

• I think it's only at death that a guy goes from "Gotta have that" to "Don't need it".
  • Sharp Shooter
  • yes
Clem, I think you just volunteered to check the web site every day to see if this or any 34's go back on sale :)

Harry

I was just thinking the exact same thing.

Clem - I'll PM you my email so I can have first shot.   ;)
  • Denver, Colorado, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way
You can view my gun list Here

Offline only1harry

• GTA Senior Contributor
Dennis, get on line.  Clem is keeping a list and you are not first in the email order  ;)
  • Hudson Valley, NY
Pro-tuned guns:

Gauntlet .22,  Disco .22
Crosman 66,  Crosman 760

Offline Stinger177

• I think it's only at death that a guy goes from "Gotta have that" to "Don't need it".
  • Sharp Shooter
  • yes
Dennis, get on line.  Clem is keeping a list and you are not first in the email order  ;)

Whaaa?? Shoot!! I'm always late for the party.  :-\

Offline UhClem

• Shooter
  • yes
Dennis, get on line.  Clem is keeping a list and ...  ;)
" ... checking it twice ... naughty or nice ..."
Clem, I think you just volunteered to check the web site every day ...
I'll have one of the elves handle that. :)
----
"How can we miss you ... if you won't go away?" (usually directed toward an ex-politician you really dislike)
  • USA, NH
"That was the best shot I ever seen."
  --"The worst! I was aiming at the horse."

Offline Stinger177

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
naughty or nice

I can be either. Which one moves me ahead in the line?

Offline kerplunk

• Shooter
  • yes
No sweet German airgun for me. I traveled for work this week and expected to find my airgun waiting for me when I got home yesterday, but no dice (order placed Feb 1). I called Cabela's again this morning, got forwarded to the drop ship department, and found out that the item was out of stock, so the manufacturer cancelled the order, but they didn't contact Cabelas to tell them, so Cabelas didn't tell me. So I get a refund and no RWS. They are going to send me a $25 gift card for my troubles, which is the only reason I will still even consider buying anything from them in the future.

It seems that Cabela's and Umarex were able to create some good potential future customers with this deal, but unfortunately I'm less likely to buy anything from them now. Which is a shame, because I didn't have anything against Umarex before and I've always wanted an RWS, but now when I'm looking to spend that kind of money on an air rifle I'll be looking at one of the many other great options out there. And that's likely to be pretty soon, because GTA has convinced me that I should treat myself to a higher quality springer/gas ram rifle. 
  • Central Texas, USA
.177 rifles- Daisy 880, Gamo Whisper Silent Cat, Crosman Vantage NP, Benjamin Trail NP2, Winchester Model 1000 (Hatsan)
.22 rifles- Hatsan 125, Hatsan Vortex Edge, Benjamin Trail Nitro Piston Elite
.25 rifle- Hatsan Vortex Edge
.177 pistols- Browning Buckmark URX, Gamo PT-80 Tactical, Smith & Wesson M&P (x2)

Looking for Gamo PT-80/PT-90 rotary clips! PayPal ready!

Offline SoCalZac

• Plinker
  • yes
No sweet German airgun for me. I traveled for work this week and expected to find my airgun waiting for me when I got home yesterday, but no dice (order placed Feb 1). I called Cabela's again this morning, got forwarded to the drop ship department, and found out that the item was out of stock, so the manufacturer cancelled the order, but they didn't contact Cabelas to tell them, so Cabelas didn't tell me. So I get a refund and no RWS. They are going to send me a $25 gift card for my troubles, which is the only reason I will still even consider buying anything from them in the future.

It seems that Cabela's and Umarex were able to create some good potential future customers with this deal, but unfortunately I'm less likely to buy anything from them now. Which is a shame, because I didn't have anything against Umarex before and I've always wanted an RWS, but now when I'm looking to spend that kind of money on an air rifle I'll be looking at one of the many other great options out there. And that's likely to be pretty soon, because GTA has convinced me that I should treat myself to a higher quality springer/gas ram rifle.

Man that really bites, I donít blame you Iíd be upset too. You should treat yourself high quality springer!
  • USA, CA, Agua Dulce
Benjamin Titan, AT44S-10 RWS 34p, Urban, Nova Vista Liberty, BT65 all in .22 except the RWS is .177

Offline longislandhunter

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • The 3rd GTA Musketeer (per Gene Curtis)
Sorry to hear the 34P fell through.  At least they gave you that $25 gift card which was  nice and also  the right thing to do. 

Jeff
  • Long Island, New York
If it was easy it wouldn't be hunting it would be shopping.

Offline HectorMedina

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
    • Connecticut Custom Airguns

Adam;

I am really sorry that that happened, corporate businesses have sometimes no brains involved in the operations. It's all this philosophy of having "Average Chickens" in the workforce and planning for that.
I would also be mad at the lack of information, after all, computers are supposed to help us with the right information at the right time, but instead it seems that it has worked the other way around. It has made the "average chicken", less than average.

Granted I am very biased, but do take a look at the DIANA 430L from AoA, it is a wooden stocked rifle, small, nimble and elegant, it comes with a ZR Mount and a usable scope (not the greatest scope, but good enough). All for $300:

https://www.airgunsofarizona.com/spring-piston/diana-model-430l-combo-.177/

In the current market, this is one of the best options now.

HTH

HM

• USA, Maryland, Darnestown

Offline kerplunk

• Shooter
  • yes
At the end of the day I did get a free $25 gift card so I guess I can't complain too much. All I'm out is a little time and my shattered dreams of buying a nice German air rifle for a pittance.

I'm moving to NC in a month so I probably won't buy my nice rifle until after then, but when I do I'll likely start one of those what should I buy threads. I'm leaning toward something pre-tuned in .22 right now.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 06:41:02 PM by kerplunk »
  • Central Texas, USA
.177 rifles- Daisy 880, Gamo Whisper Silent Cat, Crosman Vantage NP, Benjamin Trail NP2, Winchester Model 1000 (Hatsan)
.22 rifles- Hatsan 125, Hatsan Vortex Edge, Benjamin Trail Nitro Piston Elite
.25 rifle- Hatsan Vortex Edge
.177 pistols- Browning Buckmark URX, Gamo PT-80 Tactical, Smith & Wesson M&P (x2)

Looking for Gamo PT-80/PT-90 rotary clips! PayPal ready!

Offline only1harry

• GTA Senior Contributor

It stinks Cabelas did not notify you.  I don't get it.  Cabelas was leaving you hanging and were waiting for you to make contact to tell you it was out of stock or to request a refund?  It sounds like they don't have a good process in place to communicate issues to the consumer, and also a way to check for items out of stock from the drop shipper, or any way for them to check Umarex's inventory so they would stop accepting orders.  Pretty sad because all they had to do really is send you an email.

Well at least you can save $25 on your next purchase from them, or on a 34P next time they are in stock.  And if the 34P goes on sale again you will be getting the lowest price on the planet  :)

Harry
  • Hudson Valley, NY
Pro-tuned guns:

Gauntlet .22,  Disco .22
Crosman 66,  Crosman 760

Offline SSG Grampo

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
Adam, similar episode with Cabela's, They had the RWS 34 striker combo .22 cal on sale for $229. Ordered and waited, finally called and asked where the tracking # was. Cust service told me that because it was being direct shipped from the mfg there was no tracking #.  After 2 calls and 2 e-mails getting the same answer (even when I told them that I did get a tracking # on the 34P .177) I e-mailed a different department (shipping & tracking). They got back to me in less than an hour and told me that the Mfg was out of stock   and it won't be available for 6 weeks. I called Cust service back (always very nice) and asked if they would  substitute the RWS 34P striker combo .22 Cal for $229 and they were willing to do that, I was happy with that but someone should have noticed that it was out of stock???
I won't hesitate to buy from Cabela's again, I  got 2 great German springers for a great price. They are now my favorite rifle's.
  • Massachusetts
BSA Polaris .177
RWS Hammerli 850 .177
Walther Lever Action
Winchester M-14
Hatsan 100x .177                                                 
Walther CP99
Baretta PX4 Storm                                                 
RWS Diana 34P .177 & .22
Browning Leverage .177

Offline billet1951

• Shooter
  • yes
I bet they'll be back on sale in a couple of weeks-keep checking. And you'll get it for $125 so smokin deal for you.
  • Monroe, WA USA

Offline packard8

• Expert
  • yes
John, does your 34P seem louder than your wood-stocked versions (due to hollow stock vibration)?

Sorry for the delay Randy, finally got a chance to compare the 34P with the 34 classic (wood). I don't know how accurate my Android decibel app is, but the P reads 80.5 Db, the Wood 80.4 Db, hardly any difference. Surprisingly, the P is a bit harder to cock, perhaps due to being newer with fewer rounds thru it.
  • Tulsa OK
Dianas: 52 .177, 48 .22, 34 .22, 34 .177, 34P .177, 350 Magnum .177, 240 .177
HW95 .22
Sheridan Blue Streak .20 (1972)
Benjamins: 392, M-rod .25, P-rod, Trail NP2 "Elite Stealth" .177 Wood
Hatsans: AT44-10 .22, 135QE .30, 135's .177 & .25, 100X's .177, .22 & .25 (X2), 1000X .25, Edge .25, 200S .22
Noricas: Black Eagles .22 & .177, Spider GRS .22, Dragon GRS 22, Dragon GRS Max .22
Mendoza RM 600 .22
Webleys: Patriot .177 (X2), Tomahawks .177 & .22, VMX .20, Cub .22
Stoeger X20S .22

Offline DevilsLuck

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • N.U.A.H.-Sharp Shooter
Man! I need this deal come around offering the .22. I'm full up on the .177 offerings...
  • Pell City, AL
Daisy 853 /.177
HW77k Special Edition /.22
Diana 48 B /.22
Air Arms TX200 MK III /.22 Walnut
Crosman Storm XT /.177
Crosman P1377 /.177
Crosman SNR .357 /.177
Benjamin Trail NP Pistol /.177 Dumpster fire!
Smith & Wesson M&P 45 /.177
Benjamin Titan GP /.22
Remington Express Synthetic /.22
Crosman F4 /.177
Hatsan 135 QE Carnivore /.30
Diana 350 .22
DPMS Panther A4 Classic /.177
Diana 34 /.177
Umarex Fusion /.177
Crosman Marksman 1010 /BB
Beeman P17 X 2 /.177
Benjamin 392 /.22- out of commission...
Diana Meisterschutz /.177

Offline Gear_Junkie

• Expert

Adam;

I am really sorry that that happened, corporate businesses have sometimes no brains involved in the operations. It's all this philosophy of having "Average Chickens" in the workforce and planning for that.
I would also be mad at the lack of information, after all, computers are supposed to help us with the right information at the right time, but instead it seems that it has worked the other way around. It has made the "average chicken", less than average.

Granted I am very biased, but do take a look at the DIANA 430L from AoA, it is a wooden stocked rifle, small, nimble and elegant, it comes with a ZR Mount and a usable scope (not the greatest scope, but good enough). All for $300:

HTH

HM

This DOES look like a great value.  If anyone owns this - can you answer the following questions:

1.  Is the fake moderator at the end of the barrel made of metal or plastic?

2.  Is the piece that connects the cocking rod to the cocking linkage made of metal or plastic?

From the pictures, it looks like these parts are plastic.  While the moderator may be fine, I'd have concerns about the other piece being made of plastic (or even pot metal)

Thanks!

EDIT:  I just caught that this is 43" long.  I was thinking this was quite a bit smaller.  I now have the willpower to easily resist this deal!   ;D
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 05:51:31 PM by Gear_Junkie »
  • Nevada City, CA
.177 Regal XL & Hawke Airmax 30 SF 6-24x50
.177 TX200 MkIII HC & Hawke Airmax 30 SF 6-24x50
.177 HW50S & UTG Compact 3-12x44

Offline packard8

• Expert
  • yes

Adam;

HTH

HM

This DOES look like a great value.  If anyone owns this - can you answer the following questions:

1.  Is the fake moderator at the end of the barrel made of metal or plastic?

2.  Is the piece that connects the cocking rod to the cocking linkage made of metal or plastic?

From the pictures, it looks like these parts are plastic.  While the moderator may be fine, I'd have concerns about the other piece being made of plastic (or even pot metal)

Thanks!

The photo showing a moderator is the wrong photo (of a 34 compact, not the 34P). The one shipped is an all metal barrel. I don't see any plastic in the cocking arm or assy.
  • Tulsa OK
Dianas: 52 .177, 48 .22, 34 .22, 34 .177, 34P .177, 350 Magnum .177, 240 .177
HW95 .22
Sheridan Blue Streak .20 (1972)
Benjamins: 392, M-rod .25, P-rod, Trail NP2 "Elite Stealth" .177 Wood
Hatsans: AT44-10 .22, 135QE .30, 135's .177 & .25, 100X's .177, .22 & .25 (X2), 1000X .25, Edge .25, 200S .22
Noricas: Black Eagles .22 & .177, Spider GRS .22, Dragon GRS 22, Dragon GRS Max .22
Mendoza RM 600 .22
Webleys: Patriot .177 (X2), Tomahawks .177 & .22, VMX .20, Cub .22
Stoeger X20S .22

Offline tsakula

• Plinker
  • yes
hi guys. received this gun with a help of  superchikn. thank you my friend very much!
 gun finish is perfect and after crosmans its completly different world!

bad thing is that during shipping somebody (idiot) dropped the box and the gun fell in the box with iron sight (rear) made a hole in box and it lost the screw which controls verticality. the screw with numbers 1 2 3 4 5 ....

if anyone of you have it and dont use it please give it to me. i wanted the gun for my father and little brother to learn shooting with open sights.

happy to be member of this forum. thanks everyone!
  • Georgia, Lentekhi, Racha-Lechkhumi and Kvemo Svaneti

GTA - What's been your success with air gun target practice?

Sponsored Ad: