Evanix Air Speed .22 rifle

Author Topic: Evanix Air Speed .22 rifle  (Read 214 times))

Offline doctorfronk

• Shooter
  • yes
Evanix Air Speed .22 rifle
« on: January 09, 2019, 07:59:31 PM »
Hello, last November bought an Evanix Air Speed .22 caliber rifle which after only 4 shots jammed; cannot remove the magazine. Was told by vendor to remove barrel assembly in order to remove lodged pellet (s). Well, am new to PCP rifle shooting and to tell the truth is been a frustating experience as one problem after another happens (like 5 months old Benjamin Armada ,177 rifle blowing up an air seal just the the other day), so have no idea how to go about doing so. Am looking for an exploded parts diagram or anything that could show how to dismantle and put it together again. One other question: would the rifle need to be degassed prior to disassembly? Manual specifically warns users not to let pressure to fall below 1460 lbs otherwise damage will occur, so am at a loss about what to do other than shipping rifle back to the vendor. Any and all helping comments will be greatly appreciated...
  • USA, California, Redlands

Offline Sfttailrdr46

• Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Think first then hit send
Re: Evanix Air Speed .22 rifle
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 08:12:11 PM »
I haven't opened mine yet but if it is anything like the RS II just decock the rifle, Next unscrew the  end cap and remove end cap and fill cover the from the air tube. Next remove the barrel band there are grub screws holding it on. Then unscrew the shroud from the breech after that there are retaining screws holding the barrel to the breech I don't think I missed anything but if you are new to AG's the camera on your phone is your friend
  • Long Island N.Y.
AA S510 Xtra Fac .177 RH Walnut
Beeman RX-2 .20 cal
BSA R-10 MK II SE .22 FS
Rainstorm II .22 AWESOME Rifle
Air Speed .25 Smile Machine
Gamo Whisper Fusion .177
Gamo Swarm Maxxim .22
Marauder GenII .30  Boyd's TH 100+ fpe
RWS D460  .177  
PP700 SA ,22 PCP pistol W/Rocker1 LDC & Red Dot
CP2 .22 Pistol/Carbine
SPA Varmint .177
Freedom 8 & Guppy CF Tank & 45 min SCBA
 https://www.zeemaps.com/map?

Offline doctorfronk

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 05:56:35 AM »
Thank you so much for the great heads-up! Will go a long way helping me attain the intended goal...

Offline cootertwo

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 11:03:49 AM »
Contact Travis, his customer support is GREAT! The Air Speed is very simple, if you've had some experience with other air rifles. I'm sure Travis will chime in here soon. ;)
  • USA Labelle FL
FX Wildcat 22 cal X2
Air Force Texan 45 cal
Hatsan Bullboss 22 cal X2
Hatsan Bullmaster 22 cal
Hatsan Bully 35 cal
Hatsan AT44S-10 22 cal
Crosman Bulldog 357 cal
Crosman M-rod 22 cal
Crosman P-rod 22 cal
Evanix Air Speed 22 cal
DonnyFl moderators on all
Magneto Speed V3 Chrono

Offline doctorfronk

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 07:31:03 PM »
Hope to hear from Travis soon. Am 72 years old and relatively new to the PCP air guns world, so am still a tyro that needs far more experience addressing issues with such guns when they arise. That is why chose to buy a fully modded Gaunlet .22 rifle from Mr. Hajimoto because I'd not have been able to incorporate all of the mods he developed for such incredibly accurate, fun to shoot rifle on my own. But even with it have encountered some issues that had to learn learn how to address on my own. Not so with the Benjamin Armada, which will have to be sent to Crossman for repairs under warranty. Am more familiar with rimfire and centerfire weapons than with air guns, but since I cannot always go to the range find it easier to shoot air guns in the comfort of my own backyard and try to keep shooting skills honed any time I get the urge, and do so much cheaper than with the other types of guns. Anyway, thank you for commenting; is greatly appreciated...

Offline Hobbyman2007

• N.U.A.H. Expert
  • Expert
  • yes
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 04:34:55 PM »
It is super easy to pull the barrel . On the top of the receiver there are two set screws , remove them completely ,under them there are two more . Loosen them . Unscrew the shroud from the receiver and pull on the barrel while slightly rotating from side to side .
  • Dowling,ontario, Canada
Too many guns to list and  not enough time to shoot them .

Online oldpro

• JSA
  • Vendors
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 05:32:10 PM »
 SIMPLE just unscrew shroud and remove it then take the two set screws off the front of breech and pull barrel out. Easy
  • USA, CA, Mt. Shasta
FX tarantula

Evanix Speed .22
Vulcan .25
AA-S510 Ultra carbine
Marauder .25 full ART upgraded
Evanix max ML .45

Prod
Taipan Shorty

Offline doctorfronk

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 05:32:41 PM »
Well, appears that Evanix will sell their revised magazines at cost to anyone who bought the Air Speed pcp rifles. This is great news as the new mags will most likely eliminate jams with undersized pellets. Was told it will happen after the 2019 Shot Show...

Offline doctorfronk

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2019, 05:35:27 PM »
It is super easy to pull the barrel . On the top of the receiver there are two set screws , remove them completely ,under them there are two more . Loosen them . Unscrew the shroud from the receiver and pull on the barrel while slightly rotating from side to side .

Thank you so much! All tips will help me unjam my new rifle...

Offline doctorfronk

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2019, 05:38:02 PM »
SIMPLE just unscrew shroud and remove it then take the two set screws off the front of breech and pull barrel out. Easy

Am most definitely will do what you savvy air gunners suggest.  Thank you very much for the invaluable information...

Offline doctorfronk

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2019, 05:47:07 AM »
Well, after spending a lot of time in Federal Court as a juror and been involved with family and other pressing affairs, finally got around trying to remove the barrel to clear up the pellet jams; these were the sequence which I applied to do so:

Removing shroud: Easy, although wound up with an O ring busted in half.

Removing set-screws: Easy, once I knew which to loosen and remove.

Removing barrel: Not so easy; in fact, proved to be impossible for ME to accomplish the task--the thing just wouldn't budge--until I re-read the instructions given on here:
a second pair of set screws located immediately below the other two set screws had to be loosened too!
With second pair of screws loosened was able to remove the barrel.

Removing magazine: Was very hard to do since a pellet prevented side to side movement.
                              Had to chisel the pellet apart with an small flat blade screwdriver by gently tapping it with a brass hammer. Success! Was able to remove the magazine without been damaged.

Moral of this story:  As frustating as is been dealing with one problem after another not only with this pcp rifle but the others as well, feel great satisfaction having
                            achieved the task; is been a great lesson to be learned.
                            Next hurdle will be dealing with Crossman in regards having the Benjamin Armada rifle repaired; is still under warranty... 

GTA - What's been your success with air gun target practice?