Shoebox F10 update

Author Topic: Shoebox F10 update  (Read 2638 times))

Offline mcoulter

• Expert
  • yes
    • My Instagram
Shoebox F10 update
« on: January 05, 2019, 03:05:11 PM »
Well, I borrowed a better shop compressor and just finished a top off on my Joe B. Tigershark tank.  It started at 220 BAR (3190 psi) and shut off at 310 BAR (4500 psi) and did this in 80 minutes.  This is nearly 30 minutes faster than using my smaller shop compressor AND the noisy shop compressor ran a whole lot less.  When it does kick on it only runs for about 30 seconds, vs. 90 seconds with my smaller 100 psi 3-gallon husky.   

While I am always in the house when this is running, but I have gotten to the point where I just do other things and let it run listening for it to shut itself off.

Oh, this better shop compressor is a 150 psi 6-gallon porter cable which I set to 120 psi output.  Looking at my notes I have used the shoebox to top off my tank six times since getting it in mid-November  :-)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 03:08:41 PM by mcoulter »
  • Central New York
RWS 34 .177
RWS 48 .22
Hatsan Flash .177
Kral BigMax .22
And a Shoebox F10  :-)

Offline Wayne52

• GTA Moderator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
Re: Shoebox F10 update
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 03:30:50 PM »
I really like my F10, I'm using a California tools compressor which is 2.2 CFM and I set it for 95psi-120psi and it sounds like it's doing about the same as yours.
  • Kalamazoo Mi
HHD Sup Com Cam Ranh Bay Vietnam 71-72

Online KnifeMaker

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 08:44:11 PM »
Wow! I use my compressor that much in a week. GRRRR!!! And exactly why I am trying to source a long life unit. Affording it is the issue. ;D
  • Central Texas

Offline Sfttailrdr46

• Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most
  • GTA Moderator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Think first then hit send
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 09:22:56 PM »
The Freedom 10 should be as durable as my Freedom 8 and enough faster to be worth the price. I have had 4 years of trouble free service with my F 8
  • Long Island N.Y.
AA S510 Xtra Fac .177 RH Walnut FS
Rainstorm II .22 AWESOME Rifle
Air Speed .25 Smile Machine
FX Crown .22 w/600 mm Barrel ordered
Gamo Whisper Fusion .177
Gamo Swarm Maxxim .22
Marauder GenII .30  Boyd's TH 100+ fpe FS
RWS D460  .177  
PP700 SA ,22 PCP pistol W/Rocker1 LDC & Red Dot
CP2 .22 Pistol/Carbine
SPA Varmint .177
Freedom 8 & Guppy CF Tank & 45 min SCBA
 https://www.zeemaps.com/map?

Offline Wayne52

• GTA Moderator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 10:40:08 PM »
That's what I like to hear Don is how reliable the Shoebox is.
  • Kalamazoo Mi

Offline Lani52

• First to break 600 yards with 12 oz cola can
  • Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2019, 10:42:19 PM »
I am on my 4th Shoebox compressor, bought the first one when they first came out.  Did a lot of upgrades that really made it like a new or second Shoebox, sold that to Nick in Eugene after I purchased a Freedom 8, sold that one to help pay for a 5 month trip to Asia in 2013, then bought my current F10 to feed the Bulldog, great reliable US mademachines.

And yes feed them with a good shop compressor, mine have lived off of a 5 gallon Harbor Freight that is 6 years old now.  I also keep it in a ac controlled room, humidity kept at 30, in addition to a water filter.  I remove the covers on mine and run a e12 inch fan on it, heat is the biggest foe of the Shoebox.

I recently took some heat over a chinese rifle I ordered, from a guy with a chinese compressor, ironic.

Regards,

Roachcreek
  • Usa Great Basin high desert
Roachcreek 615 yard Airgun-utube

Offline mcoulter

• Expert
  • yes
    • My Instagram
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2019, 03:24:23 PM »
Wow! I use my compressor that much in a week. GRRRR!!! And exactly why I am trying to source a long life unit. Affording it is the issue. ;D

Wow, that's great!  I'm hoping someday to "level-up" and shoot / use that much air!

8)
  • Central New York
RWS 34 .177
RWS 48 .22
Hatsan Flash .177
Kral BigMax .22
And a Shoebox F10  :-)

Online KnifeMaker

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2019, 10:02:54 AM »
Matt, you would think I would get bored shooting that much. But since I cast for the AG's, I am always testing different slugs, pellets, Lubes, HP's, It seems to never be a finished project.

Sure makes it interesting and learn something everyday. Free bullets by reclaiming my lead helps greatly, however, it is hard on the air supply. LOL!

My Altaros finally laid down recently. JUst needed a 1 dollar seal. I ordered spared recently to have them on hand. Super easy to tear down and replace the seal. However, it uses a LOT of air from a good compressor to run it, and my Ingersoll Rand is starting to object. LOL!! (Used the I.R. for years porting cylinder heads, so she has a LOT of hours on her).

Looking for a standalone unit now. Something with long life, without needing a second mortgage to own.  ;) [size=78%] [/size]
  • Central Texas

Online KnifeMaker

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2019, 09:04:34 AM »
The casting is all RoachCreeks fault!  ;) Thank You RoachCreek!!!  8)
  • Central Texas

Offline Lani52

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2019, 10:39:12 AM »
And I am so proud of how my “student ‘ has taken airgun casting for all of us. :D

Roachcreek

Online KnifeMaker

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2019, 12:06:41 PM »
Your faithful Padawan. Thank You Master!  It is very much appreciated!

Mike

• Central Texas

Online KnifeMaker

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2019, 12:11:32 PM »
I am on my 4th Shoebox compressor, bought the first one when they first came out.  Did a lot of upgrades that really made it like a new or second Shoebox, sold that to Nick in Eugene after I purchased a Freedom 8, sold that one to help pay for a 5 month trip to Asia in 2013, then bought my current F10 to feed the Bulldog, great reliable US mademachines.

And yes feed them with a good shop compressor, mine have lived off of a 5 gallon Harbor Freight that is 6 years old now.  I also keep it in a ac controlled room, humidity kept at 30, in addition to a water filter.  I remove the covers on mine and run a e12 inch fan on it, heat is the biggest foe of the Shoebox.

I recently took some heat over a chinese rifle I ordered, from a guy with a chinese compressor, ironic.

Regards,

Roachcreek

LOL! One fellow here said he went with the AV compressor because he didn't trust the Chinese compressor offernings. Please, nobody tell him where the "AV Is Made". LOL  ::)   
We do after all, want folks to be happy with their new toys. Busting bubbles isn't necessary.  ;)
  • Central Texas

Offline Lani52

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2019, 12:59:50 PM »
Mike,
For the last year or so I have been looking for that rock, well my vision is going and it was really just a pebble if you remember, your post reminded me that it was you who took  thep pebble from my hand grasshopper. ;D

Really tho, it started when you first milled the base off that 257420 mold.  I read what you have been doing during my absence from airgunnung and posting and Iam truly in  awe.

Maybe some day you can teach me how to post pictures again on this forum, which is another major change.

Roachcreek

Offline Sfttailrdr46

• Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most
  • GTA Moderator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Think first then hit send
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2019, 01:14:11 PM »
Lani if you have a smart phone use it to take your pictures and then send them to yourself when you are ready to send you can resize them to fit the forum requirements. I find that the medium scale works best.
  • Long Island N.Y.
AA S510 Xtra Fac .177 RH Walnut FS
Rainstorm II .22 AWESOME Rifle
Air Speed .25 Smile Machine
FX Crown .22 w/600 mm Barrel ordered
Gamo Whisper Fusion .177
Gamo Swarm Maxxim .22
Marauder GenII .30  Boyd's TH 100+ fpe FS
RWS D460  .177  
PP700 SA ,22 PCP pistol W/Rocker1 LDC & Red Dot
CP2 .22 Pistol/Carbine
SPA Varmint .177
Freedom 8 & Guppy CF Tank & 45 min SCBA
 https://www.zeemaps.com/map?

Online KnifeMaker

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2019, 08:37:23 PM »
Yes That, what Don said. I take them, and sent them to myself and place in either pictures or documents. click on Attachment and other options down below, and select from your computer  when prompted.

Sadly, my computer is so old, it will not allow me to load any more in right now. Need to defrag one more time. LOL

And RC, thanks for the kind words. No where near deserved, but nice nonetheless!

Mike and Manuela

PS, If not for Jack Haley's work, and your use of it, there would probably be "NO" big bore revolution going on right now. The popularity is tremendous.
I remember well when you were scoffed at here for your efforts. Not that long ago at that!  ;)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 08:39:42 PM by KnifeMaker »
  • Central Texas

Offline Lani52

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2019, 07:07:07 AM »
Thanks for the info, we do have a Apple Iphome but it is a Verison and I do not want to pay their internet fees.

We do have two 256 Ipad pro’s, Lani being the stereotyped asian beauty, I like my women light and lovely like the Skyhawk I took a berating on  ;D, loves gadgets so I have bought her a couple of the best Apple had, one is two years old or less and the other is less than a month and Verison IS not the carrier and we have WiFi here in the house, so I need to do it with the  iPads, do they do it the same?

And thank you for the compliment my dear friend.

Roachcreek

Offline Trigger_Finger

• Dreamlist: Taipan Veteran .22/.25/FX Impact./Streamline etc.etc
  • Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2019, 09:01:07 AM »

Why set the output to 120 psi? The F10 says it can handle 125 psi.
  • Southern California
I told my wife this Jan 17'that the Benjamin Armada .22 is my last Air Rifle. .April 17',I preordered a Hatsan Nova. May 17' preordered a FX Crown .25. Addiction.
Umarex Gauntlet .177
FX Crown.25 Walnut
Hatsan Nova.22
Benjamin Armada .22
Gen 2 Benjamin Marauder .22
Gen1 Marauder .25
Airforce Condor Bounty Hunter blue .22 .25
Red Ryder 75th Anniversary
Umarex Steel Force BB
Benjamin Discovery .22
Crosman PumpMaster
Sig 226 Airsoft Blowback

Powder Burners
.22;223;9;38;357;40;45; shotgunsG410;20

Offline Wayne52

• GTA Moderator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2019, 09:28:36 AM »
Alfonso I had to do a retake on the maxiumum in the instruction booklet and you're right, it says don't go over 125psi.  All this time I was thinking it was 120psi.  I think that the California tools compressor that I have the maximum output is 120psi even though I probably can turn it up to 125psi I doubt I will.  Right now my F!0 is really doing a fantastic job where it's set at so I'm gonna leave well enough alone and it's going to stay where it's at.
  • Kalamazoo Mi

Online KnifeMaker

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2019, 11:57:42 AM »
I wrote Tom Kay early yesterday morning with intent to purchace. Not one word back so far. GRRRRR!

RC, I forgot to mention John bowman and his huge contributions to big bore. GRRRR! Getting old and forgetful. Also RJ Porter. ;) ;D
  • Central Texas

Offline Lani52

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2019, 12:08:40 PM »
John Bowman did those things with poured bullets and airguns before 
I did, he just did not post about them like that
I. Did, or make the videos.  I learned so much from Bowman, what a fine gentleman he was.

But Toufazfou, Cedric, did the first long range cola can video, then I did the 500/, 550 and 615 yard video’s.

However Rifle50 took it further than any of us could.

Roachcreek

GTA - The best place for discussion about Air Guns.

Sponsored Ad: