What is a 1/2 way decent BB rifle for plinking that is adult proportions ?

Author Topic: What is a 1/2 way decent BB rifle for plinking that is adult proportions ?  (Read 626 times))

Offline RedFeather

• GTA Senior Contributor
Re: What is a 1/2 way decent BB rifle for plinking that is adult proportions ?
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2019, 08:31:42 PM »
 If you want repeatable fun....not terribly accurate....but fun...the Daisy 25 pump rifle serves the purpose. Don't know if they still come with a flip up simple peep, a boon for old eyes. Get some of those Dust Bunny (?) frangible bb's if indoors or plain old copper coated with a suitable backstop/trap and have at it.

Offline CENTURION

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2019, 10:30:01 PM »
I can attest to the full auto bb guns wow factor, I'm going to do my own weathering job, and get a sling for my MP40. I've gotten pretty good with 6-8 round bursts for better accuracy. The blowback bolt and sound on this one is very realistic.

Offline cobalt327

• Expert
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2019, 01:06:09 AM »
If you want repeatable fun....not terribly accurate....but fun...the Daisy 25 pump rifle serves the purpose. Don't know if they still come with a flip up simple peep, a boon for old eyes. Get some of those Dust Bunny (?) frangible bb's if indoors or plain old copper coated with a suitable backstop/trap and have at it.
The model 25 I got from WM last year had the dual vee/peep flip sight. I had to make the hole a tiny bit larger for my eyes and how I shoot but otherwise it works very good. I actually got around to getting a small supply of the flip sights with the attaching screws. I plan to use one on a Red Ryder, except on it I plan to use the top stock screw to hold it in place.
  • GA, USA

Offline eeler1

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2019, 11:38:08 AM »
First, decide if you want co2 or pump/spring action, otherwise itís apples and oranges here.  In co2, Umarex has the new lever action, and a new Ďstormí that shoots a zillion bbís rapid fire.  Different ways to hit what you are aiming at.  Pyramid has the John Wayne bb rifles that look like a cut above the red ryder, and you never run out of co2.
  • West Sacramento, CA

Offline cobalt327

• Expert
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2019, 12:12:51 PM »
I thought the Lil duke looked interesting too. I posted about it but the one review was not good http://forum.daisymuseum.com/airventuri-lil-duke-bb-gun_topic7554_page1.html
  • GA, USA

How do you word it... "Air Guns" or "AirGuns"?
Sponsored Ad:

Sponsored Ad: