What PCP rifles have regulators and removable tanks?

Author Topic: What PCP rifles have regulators and removable tanks?  (Read 423 times))

Online screwwork

• N.U.A.H. Marksman
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
Re: What PCP rifles have regulators and removable tanks?
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2019, 01:32:50 PM »
Man Travis, and just a few days ago you called Dillon a big tease!
so your unveiling two guns at the shot show!
  • Nor-Cal
177. Airmax MK II pistol
177. 1720T Carbine
22. 1322, pistol/carbine 
22. P-rod, double tubed,  MM HF barrel 
      Second breech - 177. Mrod barrel
25. Mini-rod, 13cu tank
      Second breech - 22. Mrod barrel
357 Slayer

Offline oldpro

• JSA
  • Vendors
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2019, 01:37:24 PM »
Man Travis, and just a few days ago you called Dillon a big tease!
so your unveiling two guns at the shot show!
Yes and I hate waiting more than anyone. 
  • USA, CA, Mt. Shasta
FX tarantula

Evanix Speed .22
Vulcan .25
AA-S510 Ultra carbine
Marauder .25 full ART upgraded
Evanix max ML .45

Prod
Taipan Shorty

Offline Eddie_E

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2019, 06:08:03 PM »
I'm surprised that nobody remembered that the 4500 PSI firefighting tanks are designed to be carried in a back pack. Setup one tethered with a regulator and your good all day. Just don't cross the streams ;)
  • Framingham, MA, USA

Offline anti-squirrel

• Somehow I became a
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Confirmed SPAddict
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2019, 06:46:27 PM »
Or this one:

https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?board=12.0

There are so many choices it's hard to choose.

Last two links don't work, but I get what ur saying.

FYI the Hatsan tanks can be removed while charged which would work well for me. I really don't/can't use a tethered system. No place to recharge here, so I'm limited to hand pumping.
Dive Hatteras won't refill a tank for you?

I'm surprised that nobody remembered that the 4500 PSI firefighting tanks are designed to be carried in a back pack. Setup one tethered with a regulator and your good all day. Just don't cross the streams ;)
Buddy Bottles, dive bottles, all kinds of bottles can be used as fill sources.  And depending on where the OP lives in the Outer Banks, there's dive shops up in KDH (technically Manteo) as well as HI.

Richmond VA

SPA and Crosman stuff
Turkish & Czech springer

and some slingshots for when the pellets get low

Offline stretch

• Sharp Shooter
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2019, 07:43:55 PM »
What I'd really like to hear more about are PCP's that can shoot 60+ shots on a single fill and what sort of performance they have?  I'm still leaning towards a Hatsan because the tanks can be swapped.  Downside to Hatsan is that they seem to have a lot of QC issues.  So I'm also considering an AirForce, although I think that will cost me a bit more money.  (Edit:  Or maybe I should be looking at an ATI Nova Freedom...)

And just an FYI, the "Outer Banks" of North Carolina encompasses a really big area, most of which isn't directly accessible by car.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 07:50:06 PM by stretch »
  • Outer Banks, North Carolina
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."  Abraham Lincoln

Air:
Benjamin Discovery .22
ATI Vista Liberty .22, Nikon optics

Powder:
Armalite M-15 .223 Wylde 18" competition (on the market)
CZ 455 Varmint .22lr Vortex optics
Savage 93R17 17hmr, Vortex optics
Savage Mk II .22lr BSA 3-9x40

Offline anti-squirrel

• Somehow I became a
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Confirmed SPAddict
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2019, 10:12:11 PM »
What I'd really like to hear more about are PCP's that can shoot 60+ shots on a single fill and what sort of performance they have?  I'm still leaning towards a Hatsan because the tanks can be swapped.  Downside to Hatsan is that they seem to have a lot of QC issues.  So I'm also considering an AirForce, although I think that will cost me a bit more money.  (Edit:  Or maybe I should be looking at an ATI Nova Freedom...)

And just an FYI, the "Outer Banks" of North Carolina encompasses a really big area, most of which isn't directly accessible by car.
There's a lot of PCP with the capacity for lots of shots, meaning over 60.  Everything depends on tune.  My PP700 can do 60 shots at a lower power tune... it's a regulated pistol and costs under $230.  If you're willing to tune a PCP for shot count, it opens a lot of doors.  If power is your goal, one of the dual-tank airguns might be a better option, but more power always means more air per shot.

The Nova Freedom offers a different philosophy entirely; the only PCP matching it that I'm aware of is an FX, which means you're going well north of a thousand dollars.  Vince (West-End Vince is his forum name) is an FX dealer and can probably give you a lot more detailed information regarding current FX line-up/details if you want- and he stands by his sales.

Regarding the NC Outer Banks:  Practically lived there until I joined the Navy in '89, and when I moved back from CA in 97, I spent... Let's just say "lots of time" down there surfing and camping and sometimes fishing.  Having family in Duck and in KDH near MP11 contributed, but the main reason was the Cape Hatteras Low Pressure Convergence Zone- IE: it's a wave magnet :)  Everything that was not Ocracoke was accessible by car, even the extreme north end in Corolla.  And Ocracoke was accessible via ferry.  Incidentally, I was one of only a small handful of service techs for Sears from 1998 to 2006 that ran service calls that way (including Ocracoke), even having to come the "back way" down 32, across the bridge and then east on 64 to Dare County/Manteo upon occasion when the prior service calls were up in Edenton or Rocky Hock.  Mind you, I know Cape Lookout is another story altogether, and my trips to the Outer Spanx have diminished greatly these last ten years, but I didn't see big differences in the roads.  Did see a huge change in year-round traffic thought :(
Richmond VA

SPA and Crosman stuff
Turkish & Czech springer

and some slingshots for when the pellets get low

GTA - What's been your success with air gun target practice?

Sponsored Ad: