All FX Sales Suspended

Author Topic: All FX Sales Suspended  (Read 781 times))

Offline T3PRanch

• Marksman
  • yes
    • T3P Ranch Airgun Solutions
Re: All FX Sales Suspended
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2018, 11:58:45 PM »
OK, with more research, I think I'm closing in on the best airgun.  I think I'm going to switch from ordering an  FX to ordering a Daystate Red Wolf HP 22. That truly looks like the best airgun on the market. Unsurpassed quality control, accuracy, and reliability.  More of them in the top twenty of Extreme Benchrest than any other airgun.  What more could you ask for????

Daystate is a brand I can source. Be aware there are a few threads here and there complaining of bad magazines (accuracy perfect when single loaded but no good when using a magazine).

Here is one: https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/daystate-red-wolf-hp-22/

Problems with $2K guns from the factory is UNACCEPTABLE in my book!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 12:26:10 AM by T3PRanch »
  • Spur,TX, USA

Offline mobilemail

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2018, 11:03:16 AM »
I can validate the Daystate mag thing to a small degree.

I have a Daystate Air ranger .25, and the 25.4gr pellets fit in the mag very tightly!!! So tightly in fact, that I was able to prove to my self on my 38-yard backyard range that the mag caused the POI to shift and doubled the size of the groups.  My hack-job solution was to take the mag apart and slightly drill out each port so the pellets went in more easily. I say hack job because I am to craftsmen what chimps are to Einstein, so the hole sizes are not perftectly consistent. But the results were good, now POI doesn't change and the group size difference is negligible.  I just have to hold the mag a certain way when I load it. :-)

I had read about the mags being redesigned, and have a newer one, but haven't stopped to make a direct comparison between the two.

Back on topic, sorry to hear about your issues with the FX guns.
  • Greene County IL 62016
Hey Daystate, FX, Air Arms and BSA - we need those left handed rifles!!!

Offline T3PRanch

• Marksman
  • yes
    • T3P Ranch Airgun Solutions
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2018, 12:32:08 PM »
Thanks Mark for weighing in on the Daystate magazine issues. They should not exist at Daystates price point for these magazines.

Thanks also for the condolences on the FX issue. I really wanted to make a go of FX sales but it just cannot be for obvious reasons.

I figure I was probably FX-USA's only and tiniest dealer without a store front and I am left to wonder if I was receiving "B-Grade Stock Returns / Repaired guns" rather than new. If the entire FX production has the reject rate I was seeing in my small sampling then their sales are being driven completely by the internet hype frenzy seen on many items these days. I just can't believe that if for example Utah Air Guns had the same reject rate the issue would not have been fixed ASAP. FX could write off everything I sold in the last year and not even blink an eye at the minuscule amount. I am sure they give away many times what I sold in a year to worthy causes. There were also problems with sales and repair departments promising and then not keeping those promises.
In the long run I am sure I will be happier and healthier not dealing with the continuous issues. I certainly did enjoy dealer pricing for my personal needs though and there were still a lot of accessories I intended to purchase for personal use I will probably NEVER purchase at retail price!

IMHO there is not a factory gun on the market (non specialty. target competition etc.) that is worth $2K Retail. Only custom guns from small manufacturers and craftsmen should command that type of pricing.

To quote Doris Day: "What will be will be"!
  • Spur,TX, USA

Online Sfttailrdr46

• Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most
  • GTA Moderator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Think first then hit send
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2018, 12:34:10 PM »
It is well established that until recently the FX air guns were well worth the money spent. I'm sure that FX will address the recent rash of QC issues especially since when sales volume drops the bean counters in their ivory tower that probably pushed for lower production costs will sit up and take notice.

• Long Island N.Y.
AA S510 Xtra Fac .177 RH Walnut FS
Rainstorm II .22 AWESOME Rifle
Air Speed .25 Smile Machine
FX Crown .22 w/600 mm Barrel ordered
Gamo Whisper Fusion .177
Gamo Swarm Maxxim .22
Marauder GenII .30  Boyd's TH 100+ fpe FS
RWS D460  .177  
PP700 SA ,22 PCP pistol W/Rocker1 LDC & Red Dot
CP2 .22 Pistol/Carbine
SPA Varmint .177
Freedom 8 & Guppy CF Tank & 45 min SCBA
 https://www.zeemaps.com/map?

Offline 30harry

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2018, 12:35:46 PM »

I have a Daystate Air ranger .25, and the 25.4gr pellets fit in the mag very tightly!!! So tightly in fact, that I was able to prove to my self on my 38-yard backyard range that the mag caused the POI to shift and doubled the size of the groups.  My hack-job solution was to take the mag apart and slightly drill out each port so the pellets went in more easily. I say hack job because I am to craftsmen what chimps are to Einstein, so the hole sizes are not perftectly consistent. But the results were good, now POI doesn't change and the group size difference is negligible.  I just have to hold the mag a certain way when I load it. :-)

I had read about the mags being redesigned, and have a newer one, but haven't stopped to make a direct comparison between the two.

Just one more off topic please.  Did you test your new design magazine against the single shot tray?

Thanks
  • USA, Missouri, Missouri
Experience can many times be a very painful instructor.

Offline 30harry

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2018, 12:39:20 PM »
I would take a closer look at the Flex from WAR and also the Evol coming out very soon from AAA before diving off the cliff with a distance manufacture.  Those two are American made guns and come equipped with the TJ barrel which is well known for its accuracy.  You'll get some of the best gun builds available along with local support and parts just a call away.

Thank you Keith, I will also research those. 
  • USA, Missouri, Missouri
Experience can many times be a very painful instructor.

Offline mobilemail

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2018, 02:11:22 PM »

Just one more off topic please.  Did you test your new design magazine against the single shot tray?

Thanks

No, I haven't done any testing with my new magazine. And just for clarity, I bought the "new " magazine 2nd hand/unused, so I'm not really sure if it represents any re-designs.  That's the biggest reason I didn't get too excited about making comparisons.
  • Greene County IL 62016
Hey Daystate, FX, Air Arms and BSA - we need those left handed rifles!!!

How do you word it... "Air Guns" or "AirGuns"?
Sponsored Ad:

Sponsored Ad: