Sac Valley FT ( SVFTC ) .... October 2018 Match Report

Author Topic: Sac Valley FT ( SVFTC ) .... October 2018 Match Report  (Read 281 times))

Offline Motorhead

• Field Target Shooter .... AAFTA 2018 Gran Prix Hunter PCP High Point Champion.
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • "EXPERIENCE" ... Our Reward For Lifes Mistakes
Sac Valley FT ( SVFTC ) .... October 2018 Match Report
« on: October 29, 2018, 02:17:17 PM »
What a HOOT ! .... having 25 able & willing shooters make it out to the Yolo shooting centers Cow Boy Town for a day of Shooting, Laughing, Lunch & Prizes too.

With such a long day planned figured getting on site a tad early @ 7:40 would be enough to get some prelim set up done, yet find Jim M already there ready to get after it, So ... Jim offers to get the set up range all done where in these dry days of late summer is a big nail, single jack and lots of holes to get the target legs into.  Thank you Jim !
Much of the crew start arriving so we get a speedy setup & final alignments etc done, get the check in & scores cards filled out ( Thanks to Jim C ) & then open the practice lanes for @ 45 min or so.  DANG there are a lot of cars down here in Cowboy town !!!    Going to be a GREAT day  8)

We ended up with 13 lanes and 25 shooters so mostly squads of 3 was done to hopefully slow us up a bit. Word had come from the clubhouse another group was using it and our timeline was 1:00 or after, so we had to kill some time ... That being @ 3 1/2 hours to run the 52 shot course.   Set up on some lanes became non typical such as the forced OFF HAND outside CBT on lane 12 out in the open field where wind may have been an issue. Had 2 lanes shooting threw fence boards having some needing to adjust position out of there comfort zone .. few shots hit the boards.  Overall because we had so many WFTF folks today the course difficulty was give or take @ 28-30 troyer.

Well being we're in Cowboy town it was was time to herd the cattle ... But we will say CATS  ;D  Did you ever hear the term herding cats ?  Lol yea that's a real circus act for sure.

The days SHOOTING results are:

WFTF PCP

Dave C  52  *Cleaned the course !  becoming the second individual to do so at a SVFTC event.
Riz M  50
Son l  50
Cameron k  47
Gabe l  43
Jessica K  39
Robert S  38
Scott S  36

WFTF Piston

Mark W  46
Bob k  40
Lonnie  33
Jim P  23

Hunter Piston

Charlie l  36
Frank W  34

Open PCP

Dana W 47

Hunter PCP

Zack L  47
Jim C  46
Jim M  46
Fred B  45
Mike C  43
John B  42
Dana F  40
Martin O 38
Oscar K  38  * new shooter
Conrad  30   * new shooter

Remember that "CAT" herding ... yea when cats are on the hunt there simply is no speed in them & while many were done there were some who would take another 45 min more.  We simply bring this to light so we can all be conscious that by AAFTA rules 5 minuets for the 4 shots.  lets all try and be aware of this in the future ... It's a fun match after all so nothing said during match  ;)

LUNCH ... Pulled pork sandwiches, Macaroni salad, Chips, Soda and some Beers were enjoyed by all with a BIG shout out to Jim C for the food and raffle organization !! ... while, we waited for the prizes to be awarded. 
This done by random draw of names torn from the days score cards tossed into a box.  ( needed 2+ 2018 SVFTC matches however & be present ) On the table were gun Cases, Pellets, Knives, Scope levels, Targets, Chronograph etc ...
Everyone got a pick of what even they wanted on the first rotation .... SECOND time around we had 2 Custom "Quad" targets and 2 Beeman AR2079A co2 Air Rifles that were also given away to those lucky 4 SVFTC members !

We also need to THANK Martin O from the Diablo club for bringing over there clubs "NAME YOUR SCORE" trophies that included a Restored Sherdan rifle, bottle of OLD CARBINE Tequila along with other goodies awarded to those top shooters that quessed right over many matches held at Diablo all season.
Excellent cross club collaboration by all ...

THANK YOU to all who came out today & played the game we call FIELD TARGET  ... hope all had fun and reflected somewhat on the past years worth of shooting coming away with a feeling your shooting has got better and making some new friends too.   There is ONE LAST match planned for November and we hope the weather allows it, holiday commitments allow you to make it  ???  Nov 25th IONE

Thank you !
Scott S & Jim C   
SVFTC Match Directors
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 05:39:31 PM by Motorhead »
  • Northern California ... Old Hangtown
** Home of MOTORHEADS AG Tuning Services **
        ** PM me for further contact & tuning info.

Sacramento Valley Field Target Club
#https://sites.google.com/site/sacvalleyairgunclub/

Offline Gear_Junkie

• Expert
Re: Sac Valley FT ( SVFTC ) .... October 2018 Match Report
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 02:52:46 PM »
Good time hanging out with pals, low winds, good food, prizes, some MUCH needed offhand shooting tips... WHAT A GREAT DAY!

Thank you Scott & Jim!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 03:02:24 PM by Gear_Junkie »
  • Nevada City, CA
.177 Daystate Regal XL & Hawke Airmax 30 SF 6-24x50
.177 HW50S, Vortek 10fpe Kit, & UTG 3-12x44 Compact SWAT Rifle Scope

Offline gokidd

• Marksman
  • Click, pffft, CLANG!
    • Sacramento Valley Field Target Club
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 02:59:28 PM »
What a great day, thank you Scott & Jim!

Hear, Hear!!
What the ZackMan said.

That was a load of fun ... including being squadded with Dave C during his EPIC cleaning of the course!!
My palms were sweaty FOR YA, Dave. Congrats!!!
Bob
  • La Pine, Oregon USA
Newsletter of the Sacramento Valley Field Target Club
https://sites.google.com/site/sacvalleyairgunclub/club-newsletter

Offline Frank in Fairfield

• "Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement."
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 03:29:18 PM »
I forcasted 8-10 knots and that is what we had!
  • Fairfield, California
AA TX200 MKIII, .177
Baikal IZH46M w/Steve Corcoran Furniture
Beeman R1, San Rafael, .177
Benjamin Sheridan Blue Streak, Williams Peep
Benjamin Marauder Gen I, .177 w/Boyd's Stock
Benjamin Marauder Gen I, .22   w/Boyd’s Stock
Benjamin Marauder Gen I, .25   w/TEREX Stock
Crosman 1720T, Alchemy AirWerks Grips & Forearm
Crosman 2300S
Daisy Model 25, Variant #7
Daisy Red Ryder
FWB300S
HW35E, .177, Beeman/Williams Peep/12fpe VORTEK
RWS Diana 52, .177
Bug-a-Salt

Offline TleVta

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 04:27:19 PM »
Whoa, a cleaned course with WFTF shooter?

Well done, Bill C!
  • Ventura, CA
"Only accurate rifles are interesting".
--Colonel Townsend Whelen---
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Townsend_Whelen

Offline Motorhead

• Field Target Shooter .... AAFTA 2018 Gran Prix Hunter PCP High Point Champion.
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • "EXPERIENCE" ... Our Reward For Lifes Mistakes
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2018, 06:41:07 PM »
Lol ... on another subject, Cameron k and myself ... Scott S had a little side wager going into this with our LIPSTICK ON A PIG shoot off. That is, QB 79's made up as WFTF guns and shot as such.
I was to buy Chinese beer and then buy the winner a beer .... I LOST big time coming in dead last in the WFTF group ... LOL dang thats hard !!   Cam & I did enjoy our beers equally.

Here a photo of ( L to R ) Cameron K, Riz M, Scott S & Son L as we were finishing up on lanes 12 & 13 .......... All HOOLIGANS for sure !
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 06:57:33 PM by Motorhead »
  • Northern California ... Old Hangtown
** Home of MOTORHEADS AG Tuning Services **
        ** PM me for further contact & tuning info.

Offline Davec107

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2018, 10:46:43 AM »
Thanks Bob, I credit it to being partnered with you and Mark. We had a great time keeping it light hearted and fun.  I'll tell you the last lane(kneelers) was a bit stressful on me, especially the last shot...

Have safe travels up north and see you soon.

Dave
  • USA, CA, Manteca

Offline Gear_Junkie

• Expert
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2018, 11:57:16 AM »
Thanks Bob, I credit it to being partnered with you and Mark. We had a great time keeping it light hearted and fun.  I'll tell you the last lane(kneelers) was a bit stressful on me, especially the last shot...

Dave

Wow Dave!  The fact that your last shot was a kneeler on the verge of cleaning the course is even more impressive!  WELL DONE DAVE!!!
  • Nevada City, CA
.177 Daystate Regal XL & Hawke Airmax 30 SF 6-24x50
.177 HW50S, Vortek 10fpe Kit, & UTG 3-12x44 Compact SWAT Rifle Scope

Offline Kerndtc

• Marksman
  • 2018 WFTC Piston Champion Team Member
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2018, 03:21:06 PM »

Dave

Oh man,

You shot with Bob and Mark?!!?! You poor poor guy. Lol

I hope now that you've conquered the WFTF PCP world you will come shoot piston!

That was a great match. Too bad I couldn't keep up with you. Luckily I can blame it on myself for not having my 40-50 yard numbers correct. This was the first match in I believe 11 months I haven't shot piston.

I'll be trying to make it to November's match, but I don't know if we will be back in time.

Thanks for the great match,

Cam
  • Galt, CA
2018 WFTC Poland Team Champion
2018 WFTC Poland 10th Place Individual

Home Club:

Offline Kerndtc

• Marksman
  • 2018 WFTC Piston Champion Team Member
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2018, 03:30:00 PM »
Lol ... on another subject, Cameron k and myself ... Scott S had a little side wager going into this with our LIPSTICK ON A PIG shoot off. That is, QB 79's made up as WFTF guns and shot as such.
I was to buy Chinese beer and then buy the winner a beer .... I LOST big time coming in dead last in the WFTF group ... LOL dang thats hard !!   Cam & I did enjoy our beers equally.

Here a photo of ( L to R ) Cameron K, Riz M, Scott S & Son L as we were finishing up on lanes 12 & 13 .......... All HOOLIGANS for sure !

That was fun!

I'm glad we were able to play with our cheapie Chinese guns to compete with eachother and the field! Once you get that position down you'll be even more dangerous. It was the best wager I've made, win or lose we both come out happy with a good beer in the end! Maybe we will have a Chinese Springer showdown next??

Cam

• Galt, CA
2018 WFTC Poland Team Champion
2018 WFTC Poland 10th Place Individual

Home Club:

Offline Calmark

• Expert
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2018, 04:10:06 PM »
That was a match to remember!  I was in Dave C.'s group and kept thinking after he had cleaned half the course and had the standing lane behind him, he just might have a chance at cleaning the whole thing since the wind was very mellow.  It came down to the last 4 shots being in the kneeling lane and I just kept hoping he wouldn't spoil it, especially on a forced lane like that.  But, he held it nicely together on the rat and cheese target and gave me that double helping of rat for dinner that I asked him for! ;D We told him not to hit the cheese below as we didn't want any Swiss cheese, and he was kind enough to comply. ;D ;D

Events like this show why its so great being a member of the Sac Valley FT Club!  We also make members of the Diablo FT Club feel right at home as well and they do the same when we are on their turf.  Its always great to see a mix from both clubs enjoying a fun and competitive Sunday of FT shooting.  So thank you to you all and especially to the "ringmasters" of the circus, Scott S. and Jim C., as well as all of the others working hard behind the scenes to make these matches happen!
  • Chico, CA
Beeman R11 .177                 UK Webley Patriot .25 
UK Webley Omega .177         FWB 300S "mini" .177
Beeman R7 .177 cal.             HW55FM .177
AA Prosport .177 cal.             TX200 MK3 .177
HW97KT wood .177               HW50 .177
HW55MM

GTA - What's been your success with air gun target practice?