Dessicant for the Yong Heng compressor output

Author Topic: Dessicant for the Yong Heng compressor output  (Read 176 times))

Offline smythsg

• Expert
Dessicant for the Yong Heng compressor output
« on: October 22, 2018, 09:58:47 PM »
Went over to Harbor Freight and bought a dessicant filter cartridge that I was going to install on the air input side of the YH compressor. Looking at the HF cartridge, it is just slightly bigger than the compressor output cannister on the fill cable which contains the cotton moisture filters. Would there be a downside to opening the HF cannister and pouring the dessicant beads into the compressor output cannister on the fill cable?

I would use a fine wire mesh at both ends of the cannister just like Harbor Freight does on their cannister...
  • North Atlanta, Georgia
Current Hunting Buddies:
SPA M16 .25 cal; Hatsan 25 Supercharger Vortex .177; Airforce Condor .25 Ring-Loc Valve; Nova Liberty .22 cal

PCPs currently filled with 110 v Yong Heng Compressor

Others I have owned and enjoyed:
MrodAir M10; MrodAir P12; AirForce Escape; Hatsan Bullboss; Hatsan BT65 Elite; Hatsan BT65 QE; Hatsan 135; Umarex Octane .25 custom; FDPCP GEN1; FDPCP GEN2; ; Nitro Venom Dusk .177; Nitro Venom Dusk .22; Trail NP; Crosman Phantom; Crosman 1377

Offline PaulT58

• Guns? What guns?
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Ain't no wrong way to do the right thing!
Re: Dessicant for the Yong Heng compressor output
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 11:36:57 PM »
I have one of the black high side filters and fill it with desiccant.  I cut one of the cotton filters in half and use the halves at both ends of the filter.  They are the cotton filters that came with the compressor and normally go into the canister on the end of the fill hose
  • Navarre, FL
AIRGUNS:
Benjamin Mrod, Prod & Synrod .22 & .25
Benjamin Trail NP2 .22
Evanix Air Speed .22
Gamo Whisper Fusion .177
Hatsan Torpedo 100X .25
Hatsan BullBoss .22
Hatsan AT44S-10 .177
Nova-Vista Liberty .177
Sam Yang Sumatra 2500 .25
SPA PR900W (Varmint) .22
Umarex Gauntlet .22 & .25

FOR SALE:
AirMax Plinkster .22 include a 1/2-20 UNF LDC Adapter, Single Shot Tray and a Magazine - $75 + Shipping
Benjamin Marauder .25, Regulated, MDS Hammer, TSS, Large TP, Boyd's Stock, includes 4 magazines, a single shot tray and -20 UNF adapter - $600 + Shipping

Offline smythsg

• Expert
Re: Dessicant for the Yong Heng compressor output
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 10:59:05 AM »
Great idea Paul to cut the cotton filters and then add dessicant in between. I think I am going to try that approach.
  • North Atlanta, Georgia
Current Hunting Buddies:
SPA M16 .25 cal; Hatsan 25 Supercharger Vortex .177; Airforce Condor .25 Ring-Loc Valve; Nova Liberty .22 cal

PCPs currently filled with 110 v Yong Heng Compressor

Others I have owned and enjoyed:
MrodAir M10; MrodAir P12; AirForce Escape; Hatsan Bullboss; Hatsan BT65 Elite; Hatsan BT65 QE; Hatsan 135; Umarex Octane .25 custom; FDPCP GEN1; FDPCP GEN2; ; Nitro Venom Dusk .177; Nitro Venom Dusk .22; Trail NP; Crosman Phantom; Crosman 1377

GTA - The best place for discussion about Air Guns.