GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Air Gun Retailer Gates - Get To Know Your Favorite Retailers > Wicked Air Rifles (WAR)

Weight / size difference between FLEX and WARP receiver blocks?

(1/2) > >>

Socaltrail:
Is there any difference in the length of the two receiver blocks? I was under the assumption that the WAPR was shorter and I was trying to figure out where the length was taken from?

Motorhead:

--- Quote from: Socaltrail on September 25, 2018, 12:44:49 AM ---Is there any difference in the length of the two receiver blocks? I was under the assumption that the WAPR was shorter and I was trying to figure out where the length was taken from?

--- End quote ---

In basic parts of the mechanics that relate to the actual firing of a shot.  Just the length of the main receiver tube / plenum is the difference between WARP & FLEX specs,
Either can be dump or regulated with the captive volume between bottle & valve ( regulated or not ) being defining to ultimate power one can get from each platform.

Socaltrail:
Makes sense, I was thinking about converting my Cobra regulated FLEX to a WARP so I was curious about a couple things...

1. How much length will the swap take out of the overall length, if any.

2. Will the decrease in plenum volume take away from the efficiency and potential for power. My 30 cal setup currently spits the 44.75 JSB's at 915 without breaking a sweat.

Dairyboy:
My WARP has a 16.1" barrel and my "max" is about 875-880fps with the 44.75gr. Tuned at 860fps I can get 28 shots on a 3500psi fill.

Motorhead:

--- Quote from: Socaltrail on September 25, 2018, 01:00:09 AM ---Makes sense, I was thinking about converting my Cobra regulated FLEX to a WARP so I was curious about a couple things...

1. How much length will the swap take out of the overall length, if any.  With the shorter tube of a WARP, your trigger frame from the FLEX would need to be cut shorter or replaced with the shorter WARP trigger frame.
length difference IIRC @ is @ 3" ( Tho don't own a FLEX to be absolutely sure )

2. Will the decrease in plenum volume take away from the efficiency and potential for power. My 30 cal setup currently spits the 44.75 JSB's at 915 without breaking a sweat.
  Efficiency Yes & No ... pending you stay within realistic power demands of caliber for the available plenum volume each offers.  So YES, going to the shorter WARP air tube your power potential will be less in the larger calibers.  If pushed to make the power of the longer FLEX tube ( Plenum volume greater ) efficiency would be worse.
--- End quote ---

As they say ... there is no free lunch !!
cause & effect of available air volume to do the job of launching more weight  pressures being equal, is tied to plenum volume due to the pressure drop within the plenum ( Regulated use )
The WARP run as an UNREGULATED gun does far better in the large caliber / high power uses because the valve gets to use the entirety of the drop block & bottles volume to power the shot.
* But there are Flow losses and the FLEX in the same configuration will still have the higher power potential.

IMO ...
Scott

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version