Weight / size difference between FLEX and WARP receiver blocks?

Author Topic: Weight / size difference between FLEX and WARP receiver blocks?  (Read 289 times))

Offline Socaltrail

• Shooter
  • yes
Weight / size difference between FLEX and WARP receiver blocks?
« on: September 25, 2018, 12:44:49 AM »
Is there any difference in the length of the two receiver blocks? I was under the assumption that the WAPR was shorter and I was trying to figure out where the length was taken from?
  • USA, California

Offline Motorhead

• Field Target Shooter .... AAFTA 2018 Gran Prix Hunter PCP High Point Champion.
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • "EXPERIENCE" ... Our Reward For Lifes Mistakes
Re: Weight / size difference between FLEX and WARP receiver blocks?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 12:51:51 AM »
Is there any difference in the length of the two receiver blocks? I was under the assumption that the WAPR was shorter and I was trying to figure out where the length was taken from?

In basic parts of the mechanics that relate to the actual firing of a shot.  Just the length of the main receiver tube / plenum is the difference between WARP & FLEX specs,
Either can be dump or regulated with the captive volume between bottle & valve ( regulated or not ) being defining to ultimate power one can get from each platform.
  • Northern California ... Old Hangtown
** Home of MOTORHEADS AG Tuning Services **
        ** PM me for further contact & tuning info.

Sacramento Valley Field Target Club
#https://sites.google.com/site/sacvalleyairgunclub/

Offline Socaltrail

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 01:00:09 AM »
Makes sense, I was thinking about converting my Cobra regulated FLEX to a WARP so I was curious about a couple things...

1. How much length will the swap take out of the overall length, if any.

2. Will the decrease in plenum volume take away from the efficiency and potential for power. My 30 cal setup currently spits the 44.75 JSB's at 915 without breaking a sweat.
  • USA, California

Offline Dairyboy

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • NUAH Master
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 01:05:24 AM »
My WARP has a 16.1" barrel and my "max" is about 875-880fps with the 44.75gr. Tuned at 860fps I can get 28 shots on a 3500psi fill.
  • Outlook, WA
John 3:16

.22 Edgun R5M Long
.22 CZ 200S

Offline Motorhead

• Field Target Shooter .... AAFTA 2018 Gran Prix Hunter PCP High Point Champion.
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • "EXPERIENCE" ... Our Reward For Lifes Mistakes
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 12:35:56 PM »
Makes sense, I was thinking about converting my Cobra regulated FLEX to a WARP so I was curious about a couple things...

1. How much length will the swap take out of the overall length, if any.  With the shorter tube of a WARP, your trigger frame from the FLEX would need to be cut shorter or replaced with the shorter WARP trigger frame.
length difference IIRC @ is @ 3" ( Tho don't own a FLEX to be absolutely sure )

2. Will the decrease in plenum volume take away from the efficiency and potential for power. My 30 cal setup currently spits the 44.75 JSB's at 915 without breaking a sweat.
  Efficiency Yes & No ... pending you stay within realistic power demands of caliber for the available plenum volume each offers.  So YES, going to the shorter WARP air tube your power potential will be less in the larger calibers.  If pushed to make the power of the longer FLEX tube ( Plenum volume greater ) efficiency would be worse.

As they say ... there is no free lunch !!
cause & effect of available air volume to do the job of launching more weight  pressures being equal, is tied to plenum volume due to the pressure drop within the plenum ( Regulated use )
The WARP run as an UNREGULATED gun does far better in the large caliber / high power uses because the valve gets to use the entirety of the drop block & bottles volume to power the shot.
* But there are Flow losses and the FLEX in the same configuration will still have the higher power potential.

IMO ...
Scott

• Northern California ... Old Hangtown
** Home of MOTORHEADS AG Tuning Services **
        ** PM me for further contact & tuning info.

Sacramento Valley Field Target Club
#https://sites.google.com/site/sacvalleyairgunclub/

Offline Socaltrail

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2018, 02:56:30 PM »
Sounds good, thank you for the replies.  I'm VERY happy with how the rifle shoots as is, but I have been looking into ways to make it more compact for hunting. I threw on a folding adapter for the butt stock which helps.
  • USA, California

GTA - The best place for discussion about Air Guns.

Thank you for Supporting GTA!