New to pcp

Author Topic: New to pcp  (Read 241 times))

Offline SquirrelDown

• Shooter
  • yes
New to pcp
« on: September 07, 2018, 08:25:44 PM »
Just bought a disco and it seems like I'm only getting 15 usable shots and lighter pellets are flying every where. Will a softer hammer spring help this?
  • United states,Kentucky,Stanford

Offline Back_Roads

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • We Need More Torque !!! :)
Re: New to pcp
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 08:31:01 PM »
 Heavier pellets are the typical way to mellow out a hot shooting PCP. I am assuming it is a .22 cal.  16 - 21 grain will give you the accuracy and knock down power the gun was designed for.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 09:53:53 PM by Back_Roads »
  • Wisconsin Collins ;Hunters Paradise; Theres a Sign in town to prove it :)
We Got The Guns !

Offline SquirrelDown

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 08:43:31 PM »
I understand the heavier pellet and I have had good results with the 21gr silver Kodiaks but the shot count is what I am concerned with.

Offline Back_Roads

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • We Need More Torque !!! :)
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 10:00:11 PM »
 OK the rabbit hole deepens, due to the fact if you do not have a chronograph you will need one soon, or find a member near you " Check Out Our Map" .
 If  you are getting such a low shot count it is probably wasting air, one can try adjusting the hammer spring to reduce the amount of air released per shot.
  • Wisconsin Collins ;Hunters Paradise; Theres a Sign in town to prove it :)
We Got The Guns !

Offline farmerjoe99

• N.U.A.H Marksman
  • Vendors
  • GTA Senior Contributor
    • DiscosRUs
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 10:38:44 PM »
Hi Shayne,
Most factory discovery get 12 to 15 good consistent shots before they start dropping off,
and yes changing to a softer spring is an easy way to increase shot count just keep  in mind power will come down some as well
but as an added benefit cocking will be much easier and smoother and in most cases the rifle will be slightly quieter to.
  • Alfred NY
Discos R Us Airgun Store:
http://discosrus.net/

TO FIND A LOCAL SHOOTING FRIEND
  CLICK HERE FOR THE GTA MEMBERS MAP  >>>  https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=962067

Offline SquirrelDown

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2018, 08:01:01 AM »
Thnx for the replies I'm new to owning a pcp but I had been studying on them for a while one reason I bought the disco is because the abundance of info and parts you can find on them. Thanks again you all

Hi Shayne,
Most factory discovery get 12 to 15 good consistent shots before they start dropping off,
and yes changing to a softer spring is an easy way to increase shot count just keep  in mind power will come down some as well
but as an added benefit cocking will be much easier and smoother and in most cases the rifle will be slightly quieter to.

Offline rsterne

• Member 2000+fps Club
  • Bob and Lloyd
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • GTA Forums Person of the Year 2017
    • Mozey-On-Inn
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2018, 12:26:39 PM »
Crosman changed the spring a few years ago to increase the power and killed the shot count.... Getting the old spring (you can't from Crosman) or reducing the preload, or getting a lighter spring is the solution....

Bob
  • Coalmont, BC, Canada
Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
Airsonal:
1750 CO2 Carbine, .177 Uber-Pumper, .22 Uber-Carbine, .25 Discovery, 2260 PCP 8-shot Carbine, 2260 HPA (37 FPE), 2560 HPA (52 FPE), .22 QB79 HPA, Disco Doubles in .22, .25 & .30 cal, "Hayabusa" Custom PCP Project (Mk.I is .22 & .25 cal regulated; Mk.II is .224, .257, 7mm, .308 & .357; Mk.III is .410 shotgun and .458 cal), .257 "Monocoque" Bench PCP, 6mm Regulated PCP and .257 Unregulated, Two BRods.

How do you word it... "Air Guns" or "AirGuns"?