Signing Off

Author Topic: Signing Off  (Read 477 times))

Offline s.corcoran

• Plinker
  • yes
Signing Off
« on: August 22, 2018, 11:10:17 PM »
Well it was always the plan that when my youngest graduated high school I would enter back into the general work force and she graduated in May and is enrolled in college. She was the reason I worked out of the house for the last 13 years and fortunately I was blessed with a good imagination and the work ethic to see it through so we hung tough and made ends meet. I will no longer be doing this full time as I do have a full time job. I will still maintain my website and sell items through it as I have time to build them.

Want to thank the GTA and the airgun community for the support we have received over the years-it has been great! Special thanks to Dave as he has been incredibly professional and helpful as we have had many conversations over the years mulling over business and life in general. Dave your a true gentleman!

Thanks again and take care all!

Steve Corcoran

• Texas  Gainesville

Offline ssbn617

• Expert
  • my friend Booger
Re: Signing Off
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 10:31:34 AM »
Steve,
Good luck for your future. You are blessed to be able to read and understand your internal compass that leads you through life’s decisions.
I am proud to own one of your beautiful benchrest stocks. Thank you for that.
Mitch
  • Someone stole my Avatar
.177 FWB 300
.20 Racine Sheridan Blue Streak
.177 Air Arms S400 MPR
.177 Air Arms S400 MPR FT
.177 Daystate Huntsman Classic
.177 Air Arms TX200

Offline Bicycleman

• Just another
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 11:23:35 AM »
Steve, Good Luck in your future endeavors. 
Murfreesboro, Tennessee  -- If "air rifles" are for kids, I NEVER WANT TO GROW UP! 
                                      Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal or deal.
                        Abbreviations / Acronyms ---> http://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=51866.0;topicseen
NATIONAL SARCASTIC SOCIETY - Like we need your support!

Offline ezman604

• Administrator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Executive Administrator
    • GTA Members Map
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 12:03:15 PM »
Steve, it has been an absolute honor and privilege having you as a GTA family member and sanctioned vendor. As I told you in our communication, this is a bitter sweet moment for me personally, for GTA Forums and the entire airgun community. I hope everything goes as well or better than you envision them in the future. Don't be a stranger, this is your home. If things change, your spot as a GTA vendor is ALWAYS available to you. You my friend are the best of the best!!!!!
Your vendor gate will remain visible to all for reference. There are some very beautiful heirloom works of art that are on display in here.
Take care and GOD Bless. And I do hope we shake hands at the GTA Fun Shoot in the very near future!!!
And I thank you for the kind words as well as the outstanding support you have given to this forum and your airgun family over the years.
SAFE & Happy Shooting!!!!
Dave
 8)

Revelation 760 PumpMaster (Vintage 1967)
Powerline 1000S .177 (semi-tuned by me & innards by kiwi Pete)
Benjamin Super Streak .177/.22 (converted to NP & w/GRT-III)
Weihrauch HW97K .177
Benjamin Trail NP XL1100 (home tuned by muwah with Tuna trigger)
Stoeger X-20 RAMmed by Gene and Tuna trigger
Winchester 1000SX .177 (semi-tuned by muwah)
Winchester 1000B RAMmed by Gene
Crosman 1377 "Goldfinger"
Disco .22 Multi-Shot Custom

Ain't this a great place to be

Offline Tonykarter

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2018, 12:37:33 PM »
Thank you Mr. Corcoran.
  • East Texas:  Snuff Gully, Surrounded by the Big Thicket Preserve

Offline Steveoh

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2018, 05:32:34 PM »
You are and will remain an amazing artist!
  • Benicia, CA
RWS Diana Model 350 Feuerkraft Compact Pro .22
Sumatra Carbine .25
Tolman Skiff
Marauder .25  tuned by Travis Whitney
Quackenbush .58 Outlaw Pistol
Quackenbush .58 Short Rifle

Offline gokidd

• Marksman
  • Click, pffft, CLANG!
    • Sacramento Valley Field Target Club
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2018, 06:05:02 PM »
You are and will remain an amazing artist!

YES! What Steve Oh said.
Buddy, I wish you all the best in your new path.

I NEVER, EVER attend a match without someone complimenting your stock on my HW97.
Thank you so very much for this lovely creation. I enjoy it each time I take it from its case.
Congratulations to your daughter and I hope she does great in college.

Another member of your fan club,
Bob

• La Pine, Oregon USA
Newsletter of the Sacramento Valley Field Target Club
https://sites.google.com/site/sacvalleyairgunclub/club-newsletter

Offline avator

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • Happiness is a warm airgun... -Lennon Modded-
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2018, 09:00:43 AM »
Best of luck to you Steve. I have yet to own one of your master pieces but I have always drooled over the ones I've seen. Looks like I better "get on the stick" and grab one before they become too rare.
  • From deep within the Rabbit Hole, Alabama
Favorite Everyday Shooters:
Sam Yang Sumatra 2500 carbine .25
Urban .22
AirMax Varmint w/ .22 CP-2 long barrel
AirMax Plinkster .177
CP1 .177 Mini Carbine
CP2 w/ .177 Varmint long barrel
XS-60C GenI .22
2-22XX Carbine HPA .177
2240 Stubby .22
Blaze NP .177
3-M/M Daisy 881
2-Mendoza RM377 .177
2-XS-12 .177
1-Hatsan 1000x .177 Carbine (Pvt. Stryker)
Various Others

AirMax Extreme MKII 4500

Vintage - too many to list

Offline Brazos

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2018, 10:10:21 PM »
Well I hate to see a resource like yourself go away.  Don't feel bad as you just saved me money.  Love the TX200 FT stock you built for me.  I get plenty of compliments. 
  • Texas
Beeman R11
AA TX200 MKIII LH
HW30S
Daystate CR-Xst LH
HW35E
Weihrauch HW75
CZ200T converted to FT Pistol
CZ200 S Red Laminate
CZ200 S Red Laminate
BSA Scorpion Pistol
BSA Cadet
BSA R10 MK2

Offline Brazos

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2018, 10:24:14 PM »
I am curious though.  Recently you announced you would be offering DYI stocks.  Assuming you knew this day was coming is the DYI stocks something you plan to move forward with?  You somewhat indicated you no longer plan to do stocks full time and turn it into more of a side work type thing.  I know you have all the equipment and know how.  It seems to me you could pick a popular rifle like and crank out 10-15 DYI stocks all at once over a period of time and then offer them for sale.  So for example you build 15 DYI stocks for a RWS 34 (which have ugly stocks but they are popular and thousands sold) and put them up for sale.  No custom requests that tales time.  Just a build multiple nice stocks, in DYI form, and sell them as-is.  Just a thought.  Curious of you were thinking something like that.  Maybe just wishful thinking.  I just liked your DYI idea. 
  • Texas
Beeman R11
AA TX200 MKIII LH
HW30S
Daystate CR-Xst LH
HW35E
Weihrauch HW75
CZ200T converted to FT Pistol
CZ200 S Red Laminate
CZ200 S Red Laminate
BSA Scorpion Pistol
BSA Cadet
BSA R10 MK2

Offline s.corcoran

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2018, 12:09:09 AM »
Thanks for all the well wishes and replies and to answer your question Brazos just because I knew that day was coming didn't mean I stopped trying to do business. Still had bills to pay until I found employment. I will do stocks completed and DIY and post them for sale on my site as I build them. I never in my 15 years of doing this built stocks 15 at a time. The custom world has never been about turns but rather special pieces one at a time. The Boyds and Richards stock companies of the world have to move thousands of pieces to pay the bills but the airgun market has never been like that and not sure it ever will. It is a lot better than it was when I started as far as a larger customer base but the number of folks willing to invest in something nice is still the same. It will also be hard to sell a DIY stock for a $200 spring gun unless you sold it for sub $50.00 and you can't hardly get the blank shipped to you for that in the numbers I do. In today's business world everything is geared to get big fast and then get bigger from there or you can't compete-buying up or pushing out your competition as you go. I still enjoy my woodworking and will now enjoy it more since I will no longer be pressed to do it. Besides, maybe some enterprising person might step in now that one less competitor is out there. ;)

• Texas  Gainesville

GTA - The best place for discussion about Air Guns.