What would you like to see change to purchase from me?

Author Topic: What would you like to see change to purchase from me?  (Read 1983 times))

Offline T3PRanch

• Marksman
  • yes
    • T3P Ranch Airgun Solutions
What would you like to see change to purchase from me?
« on: June 23, 2018, 02:51:17 PM »
Hello,

I need some frank critique here folks.

My Website currently has no online ordering (neither did the prior FX Importer for YEARS but still folks purchased from them)

I am bound by dealer agreements to publish MAP prices on the site BUT you never know for sure what I “might” be able to do for you if you don’t contact me.

My motivation for starting my business is NOT large profits but rather support for a sport I have loved since the 1960's.

The warranties on items I sell are exactly the same as other companies offer.

I can’t always be around to answer the phone but this issue exist for other companies as well.

I can’t carry a large inventory due to current size of company, location and total lack of customers but I do have a few of the more popular brands and can get nearly anything anyone might like to order fairly quickly.

I offer primitive (meaning no developed trails or camp sites) Airgun ONLY hunting. What would you like to see in that area?

OK lots of cant's but what CAN I do? I can offer small shop service from a non corporate entity at a level I would want for myself.

I CAN sometimes offer better deals than some larger stores.

My customers are not a number but a person who will be treated as I would want to be treated.

PLEASE tell me what you want to see with my company because I need it to be successful as I have sunk a large amount of money into it for my income level.

Thank you for your consideration.

Thurmond Moore T3P Ranch AGS
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 05:23:21 PM by T3PRanch »
  • Spur,TX, USA

Offline DHunter

• Plinker
  • yes
Re: What would you like to see change to purchase from me?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 05:03:28 AM »
I hadn't heard of T3P Ranch, and you didn't give a URL, so I had to do a web search.  The front page (https://www.t3pranchags.com/) starts out with a lot of prose which must be read in order for the visitor to get an idea of what T3P is.  As a result, the first-time visitor might only spend a few seconds before moving on, not enough to find out that you do indeed have good material.  It took me some time.

Today, anyone who wants to do some serious research, whether to buy or for any other reason, has tons of information available to them, and tons of reading to do.  The implications are:
  • We who have websites must make them as easy to read as possible.  Example:  Initially, I unwittingly skipped your line near the top that says, "Precision Adult PCP Airguns for Safer Pest Control and Hunting in areas congested with livestock and homes" because of the font.
  • Right up front, we must make the choices for the website's major attractions as clear as possible for the reader to catch in the first few seconds.
  • We must get to the point right away, and say it as concisely as possible without omitting important information.  It can't be like a novel where you can spend a chapter or more setting up the plot.
  • Use pictures where helpful; but I don't like it when they add irrelevant pictures, or pictures that move without my permission.  (I'm not saying you're doing this.)
  • Your airgun pictures, starting about a quarter of the way down the front page, are long and skinny; so it would be appropriate to increase their size to take up most of the width of the text column.  It would give more detail and, I believe, arouse more excitement.
  • Use bulleted points or lists anytime it makes it easier to look at and keep the points mentally organized.
  • Centered lines are appropriate for titles, but not really for paragraphs, especially on two-line paragraphs like you have where the second line only has one word on it.
  • It's distracting when there are errors, like where you have "who's actions" where you wanted "whose actions," or "it's" where you meant "its."  ("Who's" is the contraction for "who is," and "it's" is the contraction for "it is.")  It's always good to get a good proofreader.  Even good writers occasionally make mistakes like having a word twice in a row, or leaving out a word, or not realizing that something could be taken to mean something other than what you intended.
I keep my web pages really simple, because that's the way I like it.  If I were selling cars, real estate, women's clothing, or any of a lot of other things, I might have to take a different approach.  Sometimes it's appropriate to check the pages in various browsers.  Here's a screenshot from AmericanAirgunHunter in my firefox browser.  Notice how text steps on text, and pictures step on text too:  Shucks.  The picture-attaching doesn't work—or should I say, I don't see any way to put it inline, and it doesn't show up on the preview either.  We'll see what happens when I post.

I'll probably think of more later.
  • SoCal

Offline T3PRanch

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 06:15:31 PM »
Thanks Doug,

I agree the current site is somewhat messy and disorganized. Something new is in the works (I am a slow worker but with the summer heat I have more time inside).
  • Spur,TX, USA

Offline ChapoChoo

• Plinker
  • Chootin', chootin', and chootin'...
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 06:51:09 PM »
Thurmond, I do Wordpress dev along with front end and some back end dev. If you are running on a WP site, let me know and I can help out. No charge of course.
  • Spanish Fork, UT

Offline DHunter

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2018, 06:58:54 PM »
ChapoChoo, if I remember correctly, WP usually uses a gray font, supposedly to "soften" the writing and make it more attractive; but it really slows my reading down—a lot!  It reduces my comprehension too.  The letters need to be black.  Especially if I'm short on time, when I see something with the font much short of black, I'll just move on, and I won't read it.  Do you have some influence, to stop the gray-font practice?
  • SoCal

Offline ChapoChoo

• Plinker
  • Chootin', chootin', and chootin'...
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2018, 07:00:10 PM »
ChapoChoo, if I remember correctly, WP usually (always?) uses a gray font, supposedly to "soften" the writing and make it more attractive; but it really slows my reading down—a lot!  It reduces my comprehension too.  The letters need to be black.  Especially if I'm short on time, when I see something with the font much short of black, I'll just move on, and I won't read it.  Do you have some influence, to stop the gray-font practice?

I agree with you. And yes, I can do whatever I want with the website. WP just gives a starting place that saves a ton of HTML and CSS time.
  • Spanish Fork, UT

Offline Zeddymon

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2018, 08:01:26 PM »
how about giving your "discount" fx price w/o advertising to ruin your agreement, figure out what that comes to a %ish and offer that as a gta member discount code sale thingy,  you are on other forums also same idea can be used
hope bus. picks up thurmond, i have always found you to be straight forward and honest 
  • USA, VT, Greensboro
corsair .357, winchester 70=45, 3k disco double .22, flashpup .25, Sentry Hc sidelever .22, Sentry HC .25, Xs46u .177, B25 .22, beeman dually, steel storm w/pumpmaster barrel

Offline Taso1000

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2018, 08:05:29 PM »
I am not a web designer but I have some suggestions.  Your first page has to engage the visitor.  You can see from your web analytics how long people are staying on your site.

I like pictures to get interest and impress.  I also like tabs for sub pages like products, promotions, services, about us etc.  Get all that text off the front page and into your "about us" page.

Make sure that once your website opens on a visitors computer everything is there without scrolling down the page.  People hate too much scrolling.  They'll get annoyed and leave.

Change "Precision Adult PCP Airguns for Safer Pest Control and Hunting in areas congested with livestock and homes." to something like  "Precision Airguns"  Don't limit yourself to pest control and hunting in congested areas.  Broaden your clientele. 

List the brands you carry.  You don't want your visitor to have to dig for your products.  They will give up and go to PA. 

Check out PA's website for ideas.  There's no harm in that.  AOA's site is better now, not great, but it was real bad up to about a year ago.

You're gonna need to advertise.  Have a grand opening.  Host a shooting event. 

Pay for your website to come up higher in web searches for airguns.  You have to be using the right keywords in your website code.

Make sure your web host and their connection speed is fast because people hate slow loading websites.  Your website speed may be ok now but when you get more visitors because of your tweaks the loading times will increase with more visitors.

I hope I didn't come off harsh because that was not my intention.  If I think of anything else I will post again.

Taso
  • Orland Park, Illinois
Air Arms Pro-Sport .177, T200
BAM B50 .22, 5 X B51 .177
Benjamin 392PA, H9A .177, Marauder .25
BSA R-10 .177, Scorpion 1200 SE .177, Buccaneer .25
Crosman 1720T, 2100, 2240 W/ 2300S valve and barrel
Daisy CMP 853
Diana 340 N-TEC .177
FWB 124, 300S Mini, 601
2 X FD PCP .177
RWS 48 .177
Weihrauch HW100 T FSB Laminate, HW97 nickel synthetic
Xisico B26 .177, 2 X Sentry 702-3, .177 and .25, XS12 .177, XP-120D, XS-25 .177, XS-28 .22, .25, .177 barrels

Offline Back_Roads

• ???
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Sentry 702-3 .22 40 FPE W/ 30 gr. BBT FN
    • https://www.facebook.com/pg/longshot/about/
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2018, 08:59:03 PM »
 Target marketing. As for the rustic camping and air gun hunting only. If you could hook up with a show like American Air Gunner, and invite them for camping and a hunt you would hit major market for your venue. . . etc.
 As far as me personally I am cheap and self sufficient in the items you have to offer. Though I will keep you in mind when I get some crazy urge to do something different ;)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 09:03:32 PM by Back_Roads »
  • Wisconsin Collins ;Hunters Paradise; Theres a Sign in town to prove it :)
We Got The Guns !
(Sorry, but you are not allowed to access the gallery)

Offline T3PRanch

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2018, 08:56:59 PM »
Chapo is helping me out guys. Expect a totally new look when he is finished.  :-X  For now hits to the page have dropped to ZERO!  :'(
  • Spur,TX, USA

Offline Taso1000

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2018, 09:53:55 PM »
Thurmond,

James' suggestion to invite airgun personalities for a hunt and post the videos on your website is a super awesome idea!

Maybe create an account and put some videos on Youtube to get more exposure.

Taso
  • Orland Park, Illinois
Air Arms Pro-Sport .177, T200
BAM B50 .22, 5 X B51 .177
Benjamin 392PA, H9A .177, Marauder .25
BSA R-10 .177, Scorpion 1200 SE .177, Buccaneer .25
Crosman 1720T, 2100, 2240 W/ 2300S valve and barrel
Daisy CMP 853
Diana 340 N-TEC .177
FWB 124, 300S Mini, 601
2 X FD PCP .177
RWS 48 .177
Weihrauch HW100 T FSB Laminate, HW97 nickel synthetic
Xisico B26 .177, 2 X Sentry 702-3, .177 and .25, XS12 .177, XP-120D, XS-25 .177, XS-28 .22, .25, .177 barrels

Offline DHunter

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2018, 01:09:14 AM »
Maybe create an account and put some videos on Youtube to get more exposure.

Real.video also, which is much more friendly to gun ownership and certain other things than YouTube is.
https://www.naturalnews.com/2018-06-28-real-video-launch-update-from-founder-mike-adams-feature-set-affiliate-program-editorial-coverage-and-more.html
  • SoCal

Offline dv8eod

• Just another
  • Expert
  • yes
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2018, 08:18:57 PM »
Jim Chapman has a presence on here (echochap). Drop him a message to see if he would have time to come visit. Ask him to film it for his channel. That would bring you some notice.
  • South Carolina
Gamo Whisper .177- OleTomCat Tuned   Daisy Model 102
Crosman/Umarex Nighthawk .177      Benjamin Model 262 .22 Rocket
Crosman 1600 Powermatic     Chinese Sea Lion B-1 .177
Benjamin WoodsWalker .22     Evanix Tactical Sniper .45- Will Piatt tuned
Crosman 2040 .20    Gamo Viper Express Shotgun
Crosman 1377 .177 Carbine      Brocock Compatto .177
MrodAir CP-1M .177                  Kalibrgun Cricket Carbine .25
Air Ordnance SMG .22     Ataman AP-16 .22

Offline T3PRanch

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2018, 03:50:24 PM »
I have invited Jim Chapman in the past but it might be time to do it again. Steve Criner (the Dog Soldier) might be more likely to come here since he has hunted pigs with the Hammer on a friends place 20 miles south of my location.

I have an account at YouTube but I have never made a video. I will have to practice a bit. I did just trade for an X-Site Pro 4K so I can now record the scope view of nighttime pig hunting and varmint hunting in daylight as well.

Sorry my site was down for 3 days. Something ticked a box in setup that set the page to "Coming Soon". I found and fixed the error last night. There should be a big change with the site in the next couple of weeks. Stay tuned.

Thanks for all your comments. Lots of good stuff from the folks here at GTA. Posted the same questions to another forum and NO ONE said a word (other than the forum owner privately which I appreciated)!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 03:53:58 PM by T3PRanch »
  • Spur,TX, USA

Offline regularguy11B

• Livin' the Dream
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2018, 05:24:26 PM »
Springers, pumpers, pellets, targets, traps.
  • Texas
-Bryan

Offline T3PRanch

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2018, 02:16:20 AM »

I can get them all. Basically most anything you see at Pyramyd, AGD or AOA is available.
  • Spur,TX, USA

Offline regularguy11B

• Livin' the Dream
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2018, 08:52:48 AM »

I can get them all. Basically most anything you see at Pyramyd, AGD or AOA is available.

Website should reflect what you have available.  Most people don't want to call you, see what you can get that meets their needs, and discuss the price when they can do a quick search and find what they need/want for the best price they can probably get.  Also don't care for having things drop shipped, it's like having another middle man to pay and to potentially make a mistake or xause yoi to wait that much longer.
  • Texas
-Bryan

Offline T3PRanch

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2018, 04:39:46 PM »
The new site is up but the store is a work in progress. Let me know your thoughts.
http://www.T3PRanchAGS.com
  • Spur,TX, USA

Offline zorro13

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2018, 03:14:40 PM »
I am looking for a good strong pellet target/trap for my back yard. I'll check out your website.
  • Loganton, Pa. USA

Offline T3PRanch

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2018, 03:25:51 PM »
I am looking for a good strong pellet target/trap for my back yard. I'll check out your website.

I don't have any pellet traps listed on the site currently. What caliber, range and how much muzzle energy would you like to stop?
I have found most commercial offerings for Airguns useless for PCP energy levels in .22 caliber and bigger. 
I did build a prototype out of 1/4" steel that works fairly well but you might guess it is heavy.
  • Spur,TX, USA

GTA - The best place for discussion about Air Guns.

Sponsored Ad: