New US made break barrel

Author Topic: New US made break barrel  (Read 7061 times))

Offline Eddie_E

• Plinker
  • yes
Re: New US made break barrel
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2018, 12:11:58 PM »
Is it just me, or does it seem strange that there was a video taken at a gun range and they did not show a single group being shot? If they don't have a scope camera setup, they could still show a 25 or 30 yard group after retrieving the target. When a video FROM THE RANGE won't show this, you know it's all hype.

Those of us who own springers over 19 ft/lbs know it's not easy to be accurate without some sort of floating recoil voodoo.
  • Framingham, MA, USA

Offline regularguy11B

• Livin' the Dream
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2018, 04:54:58 PM »
Still waiting on the first review.  Seems Sig is as bad as Crosman.
  • Texas
-Bryan

Offline 45Bravo

• Self confessed addict of anything with a trigger..
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • 3 people can keep a secret, if 2 of them are dead.
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2018, 09:41:41 PM »
I shot one at the texas air gun show.

First off, I am NOT a springer guy.
Yes i know how to shoot them, but i haven't owned one in over 15 years.
(Until about 2 weeks when ago a early vintage webley tempest found its way here.)

I was very impressed,
This one is well made, and accurate, if they can keep the penny pinchers out of the project, and the lawyers, it's going to be a great gun.

Now wether the american market will buy it at the price point?
That's something yet to be seen.
  • Houston, Tx.
I make 2 predictions;
ON THE DATE WHEN US TROOPS ARE ISSUED AN Energy Pulse Weapon,
1. The US Soldier will have on his person a version of the Colt 1911.
2. He will be aiming the NEW Weapon at someone carrying an AK47.

Offline Eddie_E

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2018, 01:37:28 PM »
I don't think $375~400 price point is impossible, if the accuracy is is the size of a dime @20 yds.  I'm basing that on how many $400 HW97's from Europe seem to pop up in US threads. They will only be a slow trickle at $400 and only until $250 compressors become mainstream. At $275 it would be the hottest thing since the Disco.
  • Framingham, MA, USA

Offline USAFANG6799

• "Keep your air dry"
  • Expert
  • yes
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2018, 02:41:57 PM »
This one is well made, and accurate, if they can keep the penny pinchers out of the project, and the lawyers, it's going to be a great gun.

No doubt the demise of a fair share of air rifles making it to market both springers and PCPs.
But when you have a GP mindset that it's ok to sue for dropping hot coffee on your lap we get what we deserve.
  • PCS - Maine

Offline 45flint

• Expert
  • yes
Re: New US made break barre
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2018, 12:00:48 PM »
I知 totally vintage buyer now but this is the one modern airgun I might buy.
  • Wooster, Ohio

Offline uglymike

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2018, 07:29:20 AM »
I think Pyramyd first had delivery date 10-5, now been moved back about 6 weeks.
  • Nebraska

Offline 45flint

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2018, 11:37:37 AM »
There was a review of the rifle in Airgun World pretty impressive.  Low cocking effort 20 FPE.  I guess in thinking about it it痴 really too powerful for my backyard shooting?  Once nice thing about pumpers you can adjust the power for the situation.
  • Wooster, Ohio

Offline regularguy11B

• Livin' the Dream
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2018, 02:51:32 PM »
20 fpe is fine in the backyard with a good backstop.  A couple sheets of 5/8 or 3/4 inch ply will easily catch the strays if you shoot spinners and targets on the ground.  If you post up paper and you can shoot you may eventually shoot through in one spot, so post the paper targets in front of some sort of trap.

I used to shoot a 30+ fpe springer  (walther tslon mag) in my back yard with this set up in .25 cal., and a couple 25 fpe springers (ruger air magnum and benjamin xl 1500) in .177.   Plus probably a dozen other guns from 5-15 fpe.  I never had a pellet shoot through the second board.
  • Texas
-Bryan

Offline 45flint

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2018, 04:39:53 PM »
20 fpe is fine in the backyard with a good backstop.  A couple sheets of 5/8 or 3/4 inch ply will easily catch the strays if you shoot spinners and targets on the ground.  If you post up paper and you can shoot you may eventually shoot through in one spot, so post the paper targets in front of some sort of trap.

I used to shoot a 30+ fpe springer  (walther tslon mag) in my back yard with this set up in .25 cal., and a couple 25 fpe springers (ruger air magnum and benjamin xl 1500) in .177.   Plus probably a dozen other guns from 5-15 fpe.  I never had a pellet shoot through the second board.

Yes it can be done but with more effort and a much louder smack of the target.  Even that smack can be absorbed I知 sure.  It just maintaining low power in the backyard simplifies things.  Wait for some real life reviews of the rifle. 
  • Wooster, Ohio

Offline regularguy11B

• Livin' the Dream
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2018, 01:21:53 PM »

Yes it can be done but with more effort and a much louder smack of the target.  Even that smack can be absorbed I知 sure.  It just maintaining low power in the backyard simplifies things.  Wait for some real life reviews of the rifle. 

I am glad you brought up the "smack factor".  I forgot about my trap.  I used to have a piece of thick plywood with a small frame of 2x4's nailed to it, stuffed with duct seal.  Now THAT can stop a projectile.  Best of all, no sound of the impact.  Vs whacking the plywood, those 25's are much louder than the report of a springer.  Build a duct seal trap in the front of your backstop to hang paper targets, and multiple hits in the same spot will just reinforce it even better against penetration.

I, too, would hold off in some good reviews of the rifle.  And I agree it is best to keep the power down in the yard.  Even if you don't live in town, smart to keep the power minimal around the house.  Would love a Gamo shotgun just for that reason.  Don't care if it's only good for 5 yards to be lethal.  Might have to pass on a lot more shots in the woods, but it would be the perfect bunny basher around the house.
  • Texas
-Bryan

Offline 45flint

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2018, 07:05:31 PM »

I am glad you brought up the "smack factor".  I forgot about my trap.  I used to have a piece of thick plywood with a small frame of 2x4's nailed to it, stuffed with duct seal.  Now THAT can stop a projectile.  Best of all, no sound of the impact.  Vs whacking the plywood, those 25's are much louder than the report of a springer.  Build a duct seal trap in the front of your backstop to hang paper targets, and multiple hits in the same spot will just reinforce it even better against penetration.

I, too, would hold off in some good reviews of the rifle.  And I agree it is best to keep the power down in the yard.  Even if you don't live in town, smart to keep the power minimal around the house.  Would love a Gamo shotgun just for that reason.  Don't care if it's only good for 5 yards to be lethal.  Might have to pass on a lot more shots in the woods, but it would be the perfect bunny basher around the house.

I actually made a duct seal backstop which you are right limits sound but you have to hit it!  The metal targets are a bit more fun.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 04:58:44 AM by 45flint »
  • Wooster, Ohio

Offline tosouthern66

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2018, 01:51:00 AM »
I have watched the Airgun Depot review now several times. The grouping seems pretty tight. I have the Steel Eagle and I still cant get it to shoot decent enough. Im still new at this, but do not like this SE. I would like to take a shot at one of these Sigs. But the price is too much for me and others.
  • Harlingen

Offline 45flint

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2018, 09:05:06 AM »
I have watched the Airgun Depot review now several times. The grouping seems pretty tight. I have the Steel Eagle and I still cant get it to shoot decent enough. Im still new at this, but do not like this SE. I would like to take a shot at one of these Sigs. But the price is too much for me and others.

I know the price is high but to me it probably indicates a quality rifle.  I知 waiting for some independent owners to make a UTube. 
  • Wooster, Ohio

Offline regularguy11B

• Livin' the Dream
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2018, 09:40:31 AM »
Looks good to me!  But, still a pre production model.  Wish it had open sights.
  • Texas
-Bryan

Offline wimpanzee

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2018, 10:07:30 AM »
I've got some bullseye bucks, some gift cards, and a few dollars, I am planning on getting one of the synthetic models when they become available.

I won't be making any youtube videos or anything, but I will offer a post of my initial thoughts, and a couple month followup.
  • Kansas City, MO
HW95 .22 (pg2)UTG 3-12x44 Compact Etched
Sig Sauer ASP20 .22Hawke Airmax 2-7x32
PP700S-A .22truglo 2x42 dot
Taipan Mutant .22Athlon Talos FFP 4-14x44
Benjamin Synrod .22Vortex Diamondback 4-12x40
I have a dream...some day!
SamYang 909sopens sights
Winchester 70-.45Hawke 2-7x32

Offline SSG Grampo

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2018, 03:41:38 PM »
I hope this rifle does very well, I would love to see more made in USA Airguns. Good luck and good job SIG Sauer.
  • Massachusetts
BSA Polaris .177
RWS Hammerli 850 .177
Walther Lever Action
Winchester M-14
Hatsan 100x .177                                                 
Walther CP99
Baretta PX4 Storm                                                 
RWS Diana 34P .177 & .22
Browning Leverage .177

Offline jnjhess

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2018, 05:08:37 PM »
Yes agree on that, so far what I heard, mostly from BB-Pelletier and an video review from Airgun Depot, it looks like it will be a really accurate and good gun. But I prefer to have seen some private reviews with real world background on it.
But still a good job from SIG Sauer to make it entirely in the USA.
We will see how it holds up, and than we can get deeper into it.
  • USA, Mississippi, Lucedale.
Always have fun, happy plinking and straight shooting.

Longguns:
Crosman FIRE  NP, .177 cal.
Daisy Model 1938 BB Red Ryder .177 BB cal.
Daisy Model 880 S, 177 cal. With GEO LDC.
Benjamin Trail NP2 synthetic, .177 cal.

Handguns:
Crosman CR 357 Vigilante, .177cal.
Crosman 1377, .177cal.

Offline Wildcatter

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2018, 09:46:54 PM »
IMHO, after seeing the home depot video, I am not impressed.  As nice as it may look, it really wasn't that accurate compared to the other springers that are out there.  Again, it's my opinion, but if you make it here to compete, then it's GOT to complete.  At least be as good as and I'm not sure that's what I see.  After seeing that rifle, would you really want one over an HW?  Or an Air Arms?  Heck, I think my Gamo Bone Collector Maxim shoots better and is 10x quieter...

I would be happy to challenge anybody with this SIG gun with my RWS 350.  I'll just bet it'll out shoot it. 

This has been my 1 cent.  I'm afraid my 2 cents are only worth half that now.... ;)
  • simi valley,california
.30 Hatsan BT65 Carnivore/BWalton Tune "Elvira"/MTC Genisis 5 x 20 x 50
.25 Airforce Talon/UTG Bugbuster 3x9x32
.22 FX Wildcat/BWalton LDC/MTC UL 3x12x40
.22 Marauder Pistol/UTG Bug Buster 3x9x32
.22 Benjamin 392 Pumper/UTG 4 x 32
.22 RWS 350 Magnum/No site
.22 Beeman QB78/Tasco 3 x 9 x 32
.22 Sheridan MB2260/Tasco 3 x 9 x 32
.22 Custom Crosman 1322/Barska 3x9x42
.20 Sheridan C9A/Peep Sight
.177 BSA Buccaneer SE/ATN 3x12 Nite Site
.177 Gamo Bone Collector/Barska 3 x 9 x 44
.177 Benjamin Trail NP

Offline Back_Roads

• ???
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Sentry 702-3 .22 40 FPE W/ 30 gr. BBT FN
    • https://www.facebook.com/pg/longshot/about/
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2018, 10:00:13 PM »
 They claim it is not very hold sensitive.  :-\
  • Wisconsin Collins ;Hunters Paradise; Theres a Sign in town to prove it :)
We Got The Guns !
(Sorry, but you are not allowed to access the gallery)

GTA - What's been your success with air gun target practice?

Sponsored Ad: