Rebuild kit differences (Sheridan)

Author Topic: Rebuild kit differences (Sheridan)  (Read 265 times))

Offline nmantas

• Shooter
  • yes
Rebuild kit differences (Sheridan)
« on: January 21, 2018, 09:47:54 PM »
I often see Mac1, Baker, Pyramyd, and Precision Pellet as recommended seal kits.  Taking the valve tool out of consideration, what is the real difference between these sources (both in terms of quality and in terms of completeness of the kit)?  Thanks.
  • USA, Michigan, Detroit area

Offline bantam5s

• Never call your shots, that way you will always hit where say you were aiming.
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
Re: Rebuild kit differences (Sheridan)
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 10:41:53 PM »
I often see Mac1, Baker, Pyramyd, and Precision Pellet as recommended seal kits.  Taking the valve tool out of consideration, what is the real difference between these sources (both in terms of quality and in terms of completeness of the kit)?  Thanks.
The mac1 seal  kit comes with a 2oz bottle of secret sauce and a stick on felt pad to cushion the forearm, it's not an inexpensive kit so you should just go for this kit.
That's what I went with and it's a great kit.
  • USA CA Arbuckle
If you call your shots some days you kill it and some days you choke, some days you blast off and some days you just smoke.

Offline TooJung2Die

• Expert
  • Too old to rock-n-roll... TooJung2Die
Re: Rebuild kit differences (Sheridan)
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 11:37:59 PM »
I like the Mac1 kit the best too. The inlet seal is PTFE and more durable than rubber. The PTFE has to be seated on the valve seat for it to seal reliably. Instructions on how to do that are on the Mac1 website. Mac's kit is better than OEM.
  • Harrisburg, PA
Diana RWS 34 Classic T06
Diana RWS 45 (1981)
Diana RWS 52 (1992)
Crosman 101 (1945-50)
Crosman 118 (1952-54)
Crosman 760 (1975)
Crosman 2100 (2004)
Sheridan Blue Streak (1976)
Daisy No 25 (1956)
Remington Summit Fury Titan
Ruger Air Hawk
B3-3

GTA - The best place for discussion about Air Guns.