GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Air Gun Retailer Gates - Get To Know Your Favorite Retailers > Alchemy Airwerks

.177 probe not fitting barrel as expected

(1/1)

anti-squirrel:
Hi, Dave

I ordered a new .177 probe (stainless) off your EBay store this week.  Got it fine and FAST! ... but while attempting to assemble my 2240 with a 24" 177 barrel, I found the probe does not seat to the O-ring.  The metal lip in front of the O-ring contacts the leade (metal to metal) before the O-ring engages.  I measured with a set of calipers and the metal lip is definitely larger than the bore.  I haven't broken out a dial caliper to take measurements.

For comparison, my old .22 probe slides and seals the O-ring inside the leade.

Any thoughts?

Davio:
This is the first I have ever heard of this. Sounds like you need to send it back for a replacement or refund. I need to see it in any case. Ship it back USPS 1st class and I will refund your postage.

Did you not get a card with phone number and email address?

anti-squirrel:

--- Quote from: Davio on September 28, 2017, 03:19:46 PM ---This is the first I have ever heard of this. Sounds like you need to send it back for a replacement or refund. I need to see it in any case. Ship it back USPS 1st class and I will refund your postage.

Did you not get a card with phone number and email address?

--- End quote ---
I did.  I figured another member chime and say "you doofus, they're supposed to fit like that!"  LOL, I'm just now venturing down the world of 2240 aftermarket goodies.  I'll ya :D

Davio:
Thanks for calling... just so much quicker. In our conversation and with some quick measurements, we successfully deduced fairly quickly that we (Alchemy) accidentally sent a .22 extended probe instead of the .177 you ordered. You should be back in business now. Call anytime!

anti-squirrel:

--- Quote from: Davio on October 03, 2017, 04:47:57 PM ---Thanks for calling... just so much quicker. In our conversation and with some quick measurements, we successfully deduced fairly quickly that we (Alchemy) accidentally sent a .22 extended probe instead of the .177 you ordered. You should be back in business now. Call anytime!

--- End quote ---
Just an extra shout out to David- I'm thrilled with the new probe and yes indeed I will be ordering more stuff as I build up my 1740.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version