Yong Heng Replacement Parts?

Author Topic: Yong Heng Replacement Parts?  (Read 6289 times))

Offline AncientSword

• Plinker
  • yes
Re: Yong Heng Replacement Parts?
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2018, 07:51:03 PM »
I used gasket maker and it sealed,  but I think the rubber gasket is needed,  as I am getting a ton of oil out of the breather now.  It may be that the gasket dampens things in there,  because I wasn't getting that before.
  • USA, FL, Deltona
Disco .177
Hatsan AT44 .177
Umarex Gauntlet .22
Evanix AR6 pistol .22
Evanix AR6 break down combo .22
Sumatra .22
Air Arms S510 Xtra Ultimate Sporter FAC .22
Marauder .25 w/ Boyds blaster, ext shroud & tube
Edgun Matador R3 .30
Extreme Big Bore .308 w/ XTR Chassis
Hatsan Hercules .357
Epox Badger .40
Sam Yang Dragon Claw .50 w/ Will Piatt Tune

Offline bandg

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2018, 08:13:13 PM »
I really intended to convey that gasket adhesive could be used to locate the stock gasket in the slot for accurate placement but gasket maker should work as well.  I don't see how use of such gasket maker could cause anything other than a leak at the gasket surface but who knows.
  • Hensley, Arkansas

Offline AncientSword

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2018, 09:42:03 PM »
It isn't leaking around the gasket at all, but I am getting oil "spit" out of the breather on a constant basis.  It spits it out all over the place in little droplets.  The oil level went down about 15% in the window within like 15 minutes of run time. I was checking for leaks, but don't see any except the spitting from the breather.

I put a brand new head on it, with new piston and crank.  Everything on the top side is new, with about an hour run time.  I ran it with no load for two cycles of about 10 minutes to break things in. It is building pressure fine, but without the gasket in, it seems to make more noise as well as the spitting.  It makes me nervous listening to it this way versus how it originally sounded.  I am trying to order a new gasket, but I can only find the new front cover that includes the gasket.  I emailed the guy I bought it from to see if I can just buy a new gasket.  I tried like 20 times to get the gasket to fit in the grooves. My uncle came over and tried it.  It basically shrunk and will not fit. There is at least a 1/16" gap from top to bottom if it is in the grooves on one or the other.

For anyone that is interested in why, I rebuilt it because it was struggling to compress anything above 3000 psi any longer.  I believe that I messed it up, trying to compress helium.  I plumbed helium into the intake and tried to compress it.  I had to turn the pressure up to about 20 psi on the helium regulator to get the compressor to work with helium.  It did work and I compressed 2000 psi into an SCBA bottle.  The problem is that it wastes a lot of helium doing it this way.  I also believe that I put too much stress on it and although my temp. never got above 60 C, my cylinder showed signs of overheating towards the top. There was also a lot of evidence of things starting to come apart. Lots of grey matter was in the oil and case.  I really think that this piston could benefit from a bushing.  The pin was super sloppy and there was lots of movement going on where it shouldn't as well. I had 26 hours of run time on it when I took it apart.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 09:52:19 PM by AncientSword »
  • USA, FL, Deltona
Disco .177
Hatsan AT44 .177
Umarex Gauntlet .22
Evanix AR6 pistol .22
Sumatra .22
Edgun Matador R3 .30
Hatsan Hercules .357
Epox Badger .40

Offline kingrude1

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2018, 10:48:58 PM »
It isn't leaking around the gasket at all, but I am getting oil "spit" out of the breather on a constant basis.  It spits it out all over the place in little droplets.  The oil level went down about 15% in the window within like 15 minutes of run time. I was checking for leaks, but don't see any except the spitting from the breather.

I put a brand new head on it, with new piston and crank.  Everything on the top side is new, with about an hour run time.  I ran it with no load for two cycles of about 10 minutes to break things in. It is building pressure fine, but without the gasket in, it seems to make more noise as well as the spitting.  It makes me nervous listening to it this way versus how it originally sounded.  I am trying to order a new gasket, but I can only find the new front cover that includes the gasket.  I emailed the guy I bought it from to see if I can just buy a new gasket.  I tried like 20 times to get the gasket to fit in the grooves. My uncle came over and tried it.  It basically shrunk and will not fit. There is at least a 1/16" gap from top to bottom if it is in the grooves on one or the other.

For anyone that is interested in why, I rebuilt it because it was struggling to compress anything above 3000 psi any longer.  I believe that I messed it up, trying to compress helium.  I plumbed helium into the intake and tried to compress it.  I had to turn the pressure up to about 20 psi on the helium regulator to get the compressor to work with helium.  It did work and I compressed 2000 psi into an SCBA bottle.  The problem is that it wastes a lot of helium doing it this way.  I also believe that I put too much stress on it and although my temp. never got above 60 C, my cylinder showed signs of overheating towards the top. There was also a lot of evidence of things starting to come apart. Lots of grey matter was in the oil and case.  I really think that this piston could benefit from a bushing.  The pin was super sloppy and there was lots of movement going on where it shouldn't as well. I had 26 hours of run time on it when I took it apart.

Just sitting and thinking about your problem, wouldn't it spitting oil out the filler be a sign of pressure getting into bottom of the compressor? Would seem to me that would be the only thing that would cause the oil to spit out with pressure. Maybe a leak between the new head and block letting pressure into the block, maybe faulty gasket? Or faulty rings on pistons? Good luck.
  • USA, AR
Benjamin Discovery .177          Shoebox Freedom 10 Compressor
Benjamin Marauder  .177          Yong Heng Compressor
Evanix Rainstorm     .22
Benjamin Marauder  .25
Hatsan Carnivore     .30
Hatsan BT65            .25
Hatsan AT44 Tact     .25
Hatsan Nova            .25
Umarex Gauntlet      .22
Hatsan Bullboss       .25
Hatsan Flash            .25
Hatsan Flashpup      .25
Dar Dynamic            .25 fingers crossed

Offline bandg

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2018, 10:50:33 PM »
Still can't understand how the gasket (or cover seal) could do anything beyond physically leak.  It seems like you have a "blow-by" problem where the high pressure air in the upper cylinder(s) is leaking past the piston and is pressuring the crankcase.  I believe there has been one case of the cover reported to have "exploded" so I would be certain this is not happening before running it too much.

As he just said, beat me to it.
  • Hensley, Arkansas

Offline prfssrlee

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2018, 11:30:20 PM »
I like kingrude1's explanation - the only way to spit oil out the breather is to have it pressurized. As he said, maybe you are getting blowby past the rings on the piston. Another less likely cause could be if the one-way valve on the inlet to the 2nd stage is partially plugged or otherwise restricting the flow which would also build up back pressure in the 1st stage. But kingrude1's explanation seems more likely.
  • Wenham, MA. USA.

Offline AncientSword

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2018, 11:49:02 PM »
I understand what you are saying,  but I wasn't getting any of that oil out the vent before I removed the gasket.

There must be some blow back going on,  not debating that.

I didn't assemble the top end,  it was shipped to me.  I just removed the old cylinder and disconnected the old piston,  then installed the new one. I can't be sure how well the work was done without taking it all apart.  It should be right though as it came from the factory,  but we are talking about the Yong heng  factory here.

• USA, FL, Deltona
Disco .177
Hatsan AT44 .177
Umarex Gauntlet .22
Evanix AR6 pistol .22
Sumatra .22
Edgun Matador R3 .30
Hatsan Hercules .357
Epox Badger .40

Offline prfssrlee

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2018, 01:18:27 AM »
Hmm, okay let's assume the cover gasket must somehow be involved. What if, and I am just speculating wildly here, the gasket was seated almost but not quite right so that when the piston was on it's upstroke it was able to draw air in through the leaky seal. Then on it's downstroke because of the design of the gasket, the additional pressure sealed the leak leaving the oil nowhere to go but up through the breather. Since the upstroke is the exhaust stroke, you'd still be able to compress air. This might also explain why you have trouble at high pressure. I dunno, that's a bit out there, but I suppose something weird like that is possible.
  • Wenham, MA. USA.

Offline bandg

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2018, 12:01:30 PM »
David, that is a stretch but I suppose it is possible.  In any event, it certainly seems to be a pressure in the crankcase problem that should be corrected before further use.  Easy enough to take the cover off and look for an issue such as David is mentioning. 
  • Hensley, Arkansas

Online Tweeter

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
  • Maine
Leshiy .177, Leupold 3-9x33 EFR
QB-78 D .177, CP 3-9x32
3- Crosman 760's
S&W M&P 40

Online Tweeter

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2018, 12:28:24 PM »
What kind of oil are you using.  If it isn't a non-detergent oil it may be foaming so much that it reaches the breather?  Odd that just taking off the front cover could cause it...
  • Maine
Leshiy .177, Leupold 3-9x33 EFR
QB-78 D .177, CP 3-9x32
3- Crosman 760's
S&W M&P 40

Offline BSJ

• Plinker
  • yes
  • VT (The Islands), USA

Offline prfssrlee

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2018, 02:01:43 PM »
I also like checking on the foaming of the oil. Simple to check - I'd really eliminate the simpler ideas before going for something like the somewhat wacky one I postulated. That was just an off-the-cuff attempt to explain why the gasket was involved. Not my favorite explanation at all.
  • Wenham, MA. USA.

Offline AncientSword

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2018, 02:22:20 PM »
What kind of oil are you using.  If it isn't a non-detergent oil it may be foaming so much that it reaches the breather?  Odd that just taking off the front cover could cause it...

I'm running Mobile DTE Iso46 in it.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 02:27:49 PM by AncientSword »
  • USA, FL, Deltona
Disco .177
Hatsan AT44 .177
Umarex Gauntlet .22
Evanix AR6 pistol .22
Sumatra .22
Edgun Matador R3 .30
Hatsan Hercules .357
Epox Badger .40

Offline prfssrlee

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2018, 04:02:03 PM »
from the Mobil website:
Mobil DTE™ Oil Named Series 

Premium Performance Circulating Lubricants

Product Description
The Mobil DTE™  Oil Named Series of lubricants are premium performance circulating lubricants designed for applications including steam and hydro turbine sets and other systems where long lubricant service life is required. Mobil DTE Oil Named Series lubricants are formulated from highly refined base stocks and an additive system which provide an extremely high level of chemical and thermal stability, rapid and complete separation from water and a high resistance to emulsification. They provide excellent protection against rust and corrosion, including resistance to salt water, and good antiwear properties. They have a high viscosity index which ensures minimum variation of film thickness with temperature and minimum power loss during the warm up period. These grades have excellent air release properties which allow entrained air to separate, thus avoiding pump cavitation and erratic operation.

So I'm guessing it isn't foaming of the oil.
  • Wenham, MA. USA.

Offline be4meliz

• Plinker
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2018, 11:20:43 AM »
I have a Vevor(I believe) "yong Heng knockoff" & am looking for 2nd stage seals. Instead of rings, it has a delron cup that screws into piston rod. Any help, as the companies that sell these(out of Cali.) do not seem to know where to obtain.
  • Massachusetts
Marauder.22 Citrus Airguns Custom
M-rod Carbine  .22 Citrus airguns custom
2240-based PCP .22(discovery tube &valve)
Discovery.22
Condor w/.22 &.25
Lonestar .25
IZH 46m .177
P-17
TF-89 .22
B-21 .177
BSA Lonestar .22
Cometa Lynx .22
Umerex Gauntlet .22

Offline BSJ

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2018, 11:46:13 AM »
Could grab a new cover.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/PCP-air-compressor-front-cover/32851043086.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000014.7.3d447c8cW2Ktj6&traffic_analysisId=recommend_3035_null_null_null&scm=1007.13338.98466.000000000000000&pvid=6873dc2d-c4c0-49fa-9d6f-def6ad2855af&tpp=1

I just received one of these covers to replace mine that has a leaky gauge. Came with a new gasket and screws.

I haven't installed it yet...

Forgot to report that the cover and gasket went on without a hitch. I reused the old gasket, as it only had an hour of use one it. No leaking anywhere, so far.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 06:59:38 PM by BSJ »
  • VT (The Islands), USA

Offline HuskyDude

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2018, 01:29:53 PM »
Just another source to look for parts.

PCPMart
  • Canada Britsh Columbia Kamloops

Offline hollowpoint1911

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2018, 07:25:52 AM »
I have a Vevor(I believe) "yong Heng knockoff" & am looking for 2nd stage seals. Instead of rings, it has a delron cup that screws into piston rod. Any help, as the companies that sell these(out of Cali.) do not seem to know where to obtain.

I had to order parts from AliExpress (China) to get parts for these compressors. eBay doesn't have much at all. What you have to do is fine a seller who carries the same model compressor as you do, and then ask to buy whatever part you need. Make sure you can provide them with a clear picture of what you want, so there's no confusion. The search engine on AliExpress is total trash, so it's just easier to reach out and ask.

If you send me a picture of the part you need, I'll keep an eye out on AliExpress, and I'll check my parts stash to see if I have it. I just swapped the Vevor head with one from a Yong Heng. I'm not looking to part everything out since I want to keep it for backup/comparison, but I do have some extra parts.
  • California

Offline be4meliz

• Plinker
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2018, 09:38:51 AM »
Picture is blurry- roughly 3/8" delron cup that screws into top of 2nd stage piston(cone shaped) Will try to get better shot with my camera.
  • Massachusetts
Marauder.22 Citrus Airguns Custom
M-rod Carbine  .22 Citrus airguns custom
2240-based PCP .22(discovery tube &valve)
Discovery.22
Condor w/.22 &.25
Lonestar .25
IZH 46m .177
P-17
TF-89 .22
B-21 .177
BSA Lonestar .22
Cometa Lynx .22
Umerex Gauntlet .22

GTA - What's been your success with air gun target practice?