Why I'm deleting my account here.

Author Topic: Why I'm deleting my account here.  (Read 7014 times - 1 votes) 
)

Offline phantomshtter

• Thwack Addict
  • Sharp Shooter
  • yes
Why I'm deleting my account here.
« on: December 31, 2012, 03:32:08 AM »
I recently made what I believed could be a rather important post to all of you here.  It was regarding the dangers and rather questionable status that our constitutional and God given rights are currently facing.  Namely our second amendment right to keep and bear arms.  I returned to find it had been manipulated by a moderator so that it no longer contained the link I had provided to an online public petition regarding the new outrageous "assault weapons" ban proposal.  I can not imagine why on a SHOOTING FORUM I would not be supported in that posting.  Politics aside, this is something that affects every member here because next it will be YOUR AIRGUNS under fire!  Your hobby, your sport, the very interest that you are here to engage in IS inherently affected.  Personally I refuse to participate here knowing that I am amongst such a person or persons completely unsupportive of our constitutional rights.  This action was and is beyond my comprehension, all while we sit here engaged in the very subject and activity I posted trying to help protect.

Good day and goodbye to those I received support from on my post.  Long live the republic.

JR
  • Northern Kentucky
2013 totals 
They're baaaack...
Starlings: 112
HOSP:  76
Squirrel: 16
Possum: 1
Raccoon: 1
Mice: 1
Chipmunk: 1

Offline Tpatner412

• GTA Moderator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
Re: Why I'm deleting my account here.
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 03:48:26 AM »
I am sorry you feel that way JR.  We are a airgun forum first and foremost but the rules are the rules.  They have been put in place for good reason and if you feel that this is not the place for you any longer, that is your decision. 

All the best to you in the future. 

I am locking this for now

Tyler
  • Cleveland, OH
Pyramyd Insyder
Pyramyd Air Field Target Team

Current Stable: 
Anschutz 9015 HP One .177
Ripley AR5s .177, Gary Cane Stock
Ripley AR5s .177, CS1000 Stock
FWB 601
Steyr LG10
Beeman HW77 .177 (25mm)

Offline ezman604

• Administrator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Executive Administrator
    • GTA Members Map
Re: Why I'm deleting my account here.
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 12:34:24 PM »
I hate to hear and read things like this. Since this is not the first time we have had such a reaction to upholding the GTA rules, I felt there should be a post in response. Sorry, but for the reasons I'll state below, I am not going to unlock this thread for discussion.
Our GTA family consists of over 2,000 active members. Among our ranks are active duty and retired military. We also have active and retired law enforcement as well as several other public and federal service areas. We cannot forget we ARE an international forum and have members from many countries. We are a very diverse group of folks that gather here under ONE umbrella, that of enjoying the sport/hobby of airgunning. We are and must remain nonpolitical, nonpartisan and nonreligious in order to stay focused on the whole purpose of this forum, AIRGUNNING.
From a retired military and totally personal perspective, I don't think you will find a more patriotic group of folks anywhere. Many, if not all of us, own and shoot firearms also. They just go hand in hand, in my opinion. We cherish our rights and privileges to own firearms and have fought and will continue to fight for those rights in this country. But we will not use this forum as a battleground for this purpose. We have many other means of voicing our opinions and fighting the good fight. The first step is your elected officials. And also the NRA and other like organizations. Focus...and put your opinions and grievances in a place that will do some good. I love this forum and am proud of the folks that make it such a great place. But honestly, we do not have ANY political clout and would not register to any political groups with the power to make any changes.
We have allowed discussions of such matters in our Current Events Gate in the past. But all that proved to do was divide us. Too many differences of opinions and too many hurt feelings. It generated too much mudslinging and discussions ALWAYS got out of hand. So, we had to revamp the rules and close the Current Events Gate.  That did not change our passion and strong beliefs in our liberties!!!!
I hope this helps explain the stance we have on such subjects. GTA International Airgun Forum is a place ALL people can come to share the love of airgunning. For it to remain an international forum and stay focused on the purpose of it's being, we must adhere to the rules. If you want to protest the current events of THIS country and fight for our freedoms, you will not be alone, I assure you. There are better ways to do it than to post here on GTA International Forums. Please do take it somewhere it will do some good and we all will prevail. And if you feel you need to delete your account here at GTA, I'm sorry. You are leaving good company.
SAFE & Happy Shooting!!!!
Dave
Revelation 760 PumpMaster (Vintage 1967)
Powerline 1000S .177 (semi-tuned by me & innards by kiwi Pete)
Benjamin Super Streak .177/.22 (converted to NP & w/GRT-III)
Weihrauch HW97K .177
Benjamin Trail NP XL1100 (home tuned by muwah with Tuna trigger)
Stoeger X-20 RAMmed by Gene and Tuna trigger
Winchester 1000SX .177 (semi-tuned by muwah)
Winchester 1000B RAMmed by Gene
Crosman 1377 "Goldfinger"
Disco .22 Multi-Shot Custom

Ain't this a great place to be

GTA - The best place for discussion about Air Guns.