Opinions on Crosman Boxed Pellets

Author Topic: Opinions on Crosman Boxed Pellets  (Read 355 times))

Offline prosportfan

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
Re: Opinions on Crosman Boxed Pellets
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2019, 10:32:54 PM »
Oh okay...yeah I haven't used Pledge but it's one I see mentioned from time to time.  If memory serves, that's one Ed (nced) used for a while.  So long as you avoid a lube that promotes detonation, I think you'll be fine.  I just prefer a dry lube so I grabbed a bottle of White Lightning (bicycle chain lube) which is fine wax particles suspended in solvent.  When the solvent evaporates, there is nothing left that can detonate.  I only use about 10-12 drops per 500ct tin so a bottle lasts a long time. 

If you do decide to get some, note there is also a silicone type under the same name.  Don't get that one.

Nervoustrigger I just washed about 50 of em and all their shine is gone. Plus there are some very definitive lines going right around like how you pointed out in your pics. Woes is me, lol. Oh yeah, before washing I noticed my fingertips were very gray
  • USA, PA, Berwyn

Offline nervoustrigger

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • The Grin Reaper
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2019, 10:38:50 PM »
Yeah washing will leave a dull finish, it's a good idea to get a protective coating back onto them soon.

BTW the main thing I was after in that case was to tumble them and knock down the parting lines and flashing, not so much with the cleaning aspect.

Offline Brazos

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2019, 11:41:15 PM »
I like them.  My BSA R10 really likes the 10.5gr L lot pellets.  Measuring the head size they were around 4.9-4.5mm.  The latest M lot pellets seem to be in the 4.54mm head size range and don't shoot as well out of the R10.  I have not tried the M lot pellets in my other rifles yet.  Whether L lot or M lot the ones I ran thru the PelletGauge were pretty consistant as far as head size goes and very rarely a dented skirt.  I do wash brown box Crosman Premiers which is quick and easy.  I use the slightest amount of Slick50 One Lube on them after washing to keep them from oxidizing.  I skirt as tiny amount as possible in a ziplock samwhich bag, dump the pellets in the bag, and roll them around.  As fast as I go them them I should probably skip the lube step as I, after a lot of testing, do not like lubing pellets as I find accuracy suffers.
  • Texas
Beeman R11
AA TX200 MKIII LH
HW30S
Daystate CR-Xst LH
HW35E
Weihrauch HW75
CZ200T converted to FT Pistol
CZ200 S Red Laminate
CZ200 S Red Laminate
BSA Scorpion Pistol
BSA Cadet
BSA R10 MK2

Offline prosportfan

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2019, 12:35:53 AM »
I like them.  My BSA R10 really likes the 10.5gr L lot pellets.  Measuring the head size they were around 4.9-4.5mm.  The latest M lot pellets seem to be in the 4.54mm head size range and don't shoot as well out of the R10.  I have not tried the M lot pellets in my other rifles yet.  Whether L lot or M lot the ones I ran thru the PelletGauge were pretty consistant as far as head size goes and very rarely a dented skirt.  I do wash brown box Crosman Premiers which is quick and easy.  I use the slightest amount of Slick50 One Lube on them after washing to keep them from oxidizing.  I skirt as tiny amount as possible in a ziplock samwhich bag, dump the pellets in the bag, and roll them around.  As fast as I go them them I should probably skip the lube step as I, after a lot of testing, do not like lubing pellets as I find accuracy suffers.

Do you lube the whole box at 1 time?
  • USA, PA, Berwyn

Offline Brazos

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2019, 09:59:55 PM »
Yes. I open a new box and wash them all.  Then let them dry.  Then I put the whole box of pellets in a zip-lock with the slightest amount of Slick50 and pour them in.  Then I just move them around in the bag until I feel the lube is well distributed.  After that I pour however many pellets to fill a tin and leave the remainder in the zip-lock until I am ready for more in the tin. 
  • Texas
Beeman R11
AA TX200 MKIII LH
HW30S
Daystate CR-Xst LH
HW35E
Weihrauch HW75
CZ200 S Red Laminate
CZ200 S Red Laminate
BSA Scorpion Pistol
BSA Cadet
BSA R10 MK2

Offline Brazos

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2019, 10:14:42 PM »
I will add this about the CPH pellets.  3-4 months ago I shot the best group from any kind of firearm/air arm I have ever shot and will never be able to shoot a better one as it was perfect.  I had my BSA R10 MK2 I bought on sale from PA back in July.  I was re-testing pellets, though initial tests indicated CPH as the best.  I had just finished up with AA Heavies at 52 yards with a 1"+ group.  Not bad.  Then I opened up my tin of Brown box L lot CPH pellets.  I shot 5 consecutive shots in the same hole.  Not a ragged hole but the same hole.  I watch each pellet as the hit the target.  It was amazing.  My jaw dropped.  At that point I stopped so not to ruin it.  Have I been able to do it again?  No.  But I find that CPH pellets out of my R10 shoot better than AA/JSB heavies, Barracuda Match, etc of various head sizes at distance.  My Daystate CR-X likes them too and was my go to pellet but that rifle seems to like AA/JSB pellets better at longer distances of 50 yards.  I have always found CPH and CPL to be very good pellets that work well in most rifles.  Running thru the PelletGauge I also find them to have very consistant head sizes, in fact the most consistant when I test various pellets.
  • Texas
Beeman R11
AA TX200 MKIII LH
HW30S
Daystate CR-Xst LH
HW35E
Weihrauch HW75
CZ200 S Red Laminate
CZ200 S Red Laminate
BSA Scorpion Pistol
BSA Cadet
BSA R10 MK2

Offline prosportfan

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2019, 10:41:33 PM »
Darn Brazos that's cool that your bsa likes em.
  • USA, PA, Berwyn

GTA - What's been your success with air gun target practice?