*** RESPONSIBLE Airgunning *** And respect....

Author Topic: *** RESPONSIBLE Airgunning *** And respect....  (Read 2745 times))

Offline ezman604

• Administrator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Executive Administrator
    • GTA Members Map
*** RESPONSIBLE Airgunning *** And respect....
« on: June 28, 2017, 04:38:27 PM »
I have to get on my soapbox for a moment and post something that needs to be said.
We who spend MANY hours in devotion to our sport/hobby have, I believe, a different and stronger point of view and ethics about our pastime.
We try to shine a positive light on our beloved sport and TRY to prove we are true sportsmen and women. And shutter when we hear of irresponsible behavior of some while handling airguns.
Disrespectful or careless acts give the entire airgun community a black eye and bad reputation. And can also bring unwanted attention by law enforcement and government agencies.
So I will make this statement for GTA Forums. We are a membership of sportsmen and women. We will not condone disrespectful acts or careless usage of airguns by any person in order to promote themselves. It generally takes a lot of trust and talking (and maybe even written legal documents) to procure private lands to be able to shoot/pest/hunt with airguns. If you did not procure the permissions, you do not HAVE permission to violate the trust given to others. When on another's property, you are REQUIRED to show diligent care and be very respectful of all life and property. And if an accident DOES happen, report it immediately. Unreported accidents are NOT accidents. Those are acts of vandalism!!! And should be treated as such.
If I (we) hear of any GTA members violating these common sense ethics, they will be banned from this forum and should be excommunicated from our airgun community. We do not want or need folks like this representing us!!!
We are ALL tasked to be the best when representing our community. And you would want nothing less if YOU were the land owner giving permission.
Now more than ever and as always....
SAFE & Happy Shooting!!!!
Dave
 8)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 12:48:27 PM by ezman604 »
Revelation 760 PumpMaster (Vintage 1967)
Powerline 1000S .177 (semi-tuned by me & innards by kiwi Pete)
Benjamin Super Streak .177/.22 (converted to NP & w/GRT-III)
Weihrauch HW97K .177
Benjamin Trail NP XL1100 (home tuned by muwah with Tuna trigger)
Stoeger X-20 RAMmed by Gene and Tuna trigger
Winchester 1000SX .177 (semi-tuned by muwah)
Winchester 1000B RAMmed by Gene
Crosman 1377 "Goldfinger"
Disco .22 Multi-Shot Custom

Ain't this a great place to be

Offline pcp_Dave

• N.U.A.H Expert
  • Marksman
  • yes
Re: *** RESPONSIBLE Airgunning *** And respect....
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 04:42:09 PM »
Roger that !!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 12:48:39 PM by ezman604 »
  • Tallahassee Florida
Marauder .25
Marauder .22
Crosman 2240
Crosman P-17
Gamo P-80
Gamo Compact
Walther Terrus .22

Offline AHMSA

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 04:47:27 PM »
Thanks for the note/reminder.  As a matter of fact irresponsible shooters of powder burners or airguns, make things a lot harder for those of us who abide by the law while enjoying the sport.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 12:48:51 PM by ezman604 »
  • Novi, MI
.22 Hatsan 95 Springer
.22 Crosman Optimus
.22 Gamo Swarm Maxxim
.22 Hatsan 125 Sniper Black Springer
.25 Hatsan 125 Sniper Camo Springer
.177 Crosman MTR77NP
.177 Gletcher Mosin Nagant M1944
Umarex Steel Force
Tanfoglio Witness 1911
Dan Wesson 4" Black BB Revolver
.177 Winchester 1100ss
.22 Hatsan 1000x Springer
Benjamin 392
.22 Sheridan 2260MB
Crosman 1322
Crosman C41
Beeman P17
umarex 40XP
Crosman 2100b
Daisy Red Ryder
Daisy Model 25
6mm UTG Gen 5 Master Sniper

And powder burners

Offline lwb995

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 10:31:14 PM »
All good points and need to be said often.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 12:49:05 PM by ezman604 »
  • Wills Point, Texas
Lee

Offline Gertrude

• "The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it."
  • GTA Moderator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Hey LOOK ! ... I got a BULLSEYE ! ! !
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 01:00:16 AM »
D Ez,
You are SOooo right on EVERY SINGLE point made.
 If there was only a way for you to know just how close to home this hits for me, you would be both shocked and amazed.

It has taken years to gain the collective confidence of the Landowners who have placed their trust in us, as well as the health and safety of their homes, farms, livestock, and livelihood.

It takes an incredible amount of time and effort "with boots on the ground" to secure these permissions,.... and all it takes is a mere split second of carelessness by one, for the many to lose it all.

Unfortunately I have experienced this, and it is a sad day when you realize that a permission is no longer.
 But in the BIGGER picture, it is my greatest fear that an unfortunate incident on one permission, will in all probability, spread like a wildfire, and will likely result in the loss of several permissions.

Hopefully, that is as far as it goes, and does not morph into an event that could negatively affect the entire sport.
 Trust me,... it's not that far of a "Stretch".

Please, Everyone,
 THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE DOING OUT THERE, and how YOUR actions,  CAN AND WILL Impact the way we ARE ALL viewed and JUDGED.

Whether you realize it or not, there are groups out there who would find no greater pleasure than to regulate and/or eliminate our sport as you know it.

PLEASE !,
 Be Responsible, Be RESPECTABLE, and by all means, MAKE SURE you are SHOOTING SAFELY !
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 12:49:20 PM by ezman604 »
  • State of Confusion
HEY ! CHECK THIS OUT >>> FIND A LOCAL SHOOTING FRIEND ON THE GTA MEMBERS MAP ! ! !

CLICK HERE
     https://www.zeemaps.com/group=962067 

Feel free to place your own marker on the map.
(for your own privacy, the marker should not be placed at your exact address). just place the marker within a few miles of your home.

USE YOUR GTA SCREEN NAME WHEN PLACING YOUR MAP MARKER...So when others find you on the map, they can send you a PM here through the forum.

Offline Pl!nk

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2017, 11:40:18 AM »
Well stated.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 12:49:34 PM by ezman604 »
  • United States, Ohio, Brunswick

Offline Aldrin

• Shooter
  • yes
    • Airguns 360
Re: *** RESPONSIBLE Airgunning *** And repsect....
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2017, 04:59:37 PM »
Well said. If everyone acted responsibly and respect for something that has to be taken care with caution, we wouldn't also have these stupid laws like not being able to shoot even in safe designated places out here in California or other states. Ended up going to a local outdoor range yesterday here by where I live and came home deaf from a guy with his girl friend firing off an AR-15 at a target 5 feet away besides me wasting rounds. Meanwhile I'm enjoying shooting a target at 60 yards with my R9.
  • CA, Tujunga

Offline Back_Roads

• ???
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Crosman BMG-1077
    • https://www.facebook.com/pg/longshot/about/
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2017, 09:35:07 PM »
 Similar issue at a couple local ranges I frequent, idiots with powder burners , tearing up the grass 10 yards or less from the firing line. Makes me wonder ::)
 I guess they can't golf well either  ;)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 12:49:45 PM by ezman604 »
  • Wisconsin Collins ;Hunters Paradise; Theres a Sign in town to prove it :)
We Got The Guns !

Offline the fuse

• Sharp Shooter
  • Easily entertained
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2017, 11:24:17 AM »
"I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it."
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 12:50:01 PM by ezman604 »
"When you're young, you're very reckless. Then you get conservative. Then you get reckless again." Yup
Rifles
Crosman 180
Daisy 822
Mrodair .22 Plinkster
Daisy 74
Crosman AIR-17

Pistols
Smith & wesson 78G
Crosman 38T, Mark I, SA6
Daisy 722, 717, 1200, 118
Beeman P17

Offline elkhorn

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2018, 12:24:42 AM »
As a land owner I agree with you 100%.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 12:50:23 PM by ezman604 »
  • marion, ar
Robert

Benjamin
Crossman
Sheradin
Diana
FX
Brocock
Umarex

Offline Old Plinker

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2018, 12:21:39 AM »
And can also bring unwanted attention by law enforcement and government agencies.
This can't be stressed enough. It's not even limited to the state it happens in. The Tamir Rice incident brought a LOT heat in Baltimore and Massachusetts, even though it occurred in Cleveland.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 12:50:34 PM by ezman604 »
  • U.S., MA, Waltham

Offline FPGT72

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2018, 08:48:44 AM »
Personally I think we are very close to seeing airguns being regulated like powder rifles, or at least like black powder "antique" type guns.

Personally I can think of one company that did a distance challenge not to long ago.  Here we can find people with a "bb gun" that will shoot 600 yards and hit a golf ball.  Really....do we want and need this kind of attn.

I am/was a pretty active RC flyer, I had flown RC aircraft starting in the early 80's.....and no one bothered us.  Introduce the "drone" and now anyone can "program" this thing to fly.  And see what has happened to that hobby.....regulation has stuck its nose in its business....and a great many pilots "chance it" and just fly anyway.

I really think with guns, the guberment will be a little more in our face.  We just need one accident, or one person to go off his rocker and do something really bad with an air gun....then it is all over.

Personally I think the die is cast....just a matter of time.
  • missouri

Offline Whirligig

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2018, 10:59:17 AM »
Just offering my affirmation (fwiw) that the points made in this thread are well-communicated and important.

-W
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 12:50:45 PM by ezman604 »
  • Clayville, NY
Webley Vulcan II, Tomahawk (2)
RWS 52, 54 (2)
Beeman R10, P1, RS2 (2), P17 (3)
BAM B26-2 (2), XS25 (2)
Ruger Blkhwk, Air Hawk
Crosman Vantage NP (6), Storm (3), G1, Crusher, F4, 760, Legacy 1000, 1377, 2240, Vigilante (2), PFM16, 1911BB, NP Trail pistol (3)
Hatsan 155, 135 Vtx, 95, 95 Vtx (4), Tpdo 100X (3), Mod 25 (3), Mod 25 Vtx, Vtx Edge (2)
Weihrauch HW95
Gamo P900
Browning Buckmark
B3-2
Daisy 1101, 415, 426, 5501 (2)
Umarex XCP, P.08, Trevox
Cometa Indian
Mendoza RM600
Tech Force M8, M12

Offline dtdtdtdt

• 1st Gopher Grenadiers
  • Sharp Shooter
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2018, 12:45:13 PM »
Trst
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 12:50:57 PM by ezman604 »
  • Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Dave Thomas

5.0mm CCA/RWS54/Sightron 4-12x40AO, 20.3fpe
4.5mm/RWS54/Hawke Vantage 4-12x50AO, 17.15fpe
4.5mm FWB300SU/Clearidge Ultra RM 3-9x32, 5.1fpe

Offline Hayfoot

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2018, 03:30:38 PM »
Personally I think we are very close to seeing airguns being regulated like powder rifles, or at least like black powder "antique" type guns.

I'm with Ralph on this point.  I live in California, and there is an insane mindset 'against' guns that has already overshadowed owning let alone shooting.  I'm hoping that airguns will continue to escape notice and regulation... and responsible air-gunning will go a long way to allow it's continued enjoyment here.
  • Whittier, Calif, USA
.22 Mrod by Tim Hill, WAR barrel, SWFA-SS 3-15.42, DonnyFL Sumo
.25 FX Impact X 700mm, NF 7-35x56 ATACR, DonnyFL Emperor
Awaiting: EVOL .22

Offline ezman604

• Administrator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Executive Administrator
    • GTA Members Map
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2018, 04:08:45 PM »
So, to the point of this message in the first place, it is even more imperative that airgunners especially in CA represent as our community needs them to. We don't need added negative attention to our sport/hobby.
Revelation 760 PumpMaster (Vintage 1967)
Powerline 1000S .177 (semi-tuned by me & innards by kiwi Pete)
Benjamin Super Streak .177/.22 (converted to NP & w/GRT-III)
Weihrauch HW97K .177
Benjamin Trail NP XL1100 (home tuned by muwah with Tuna trigger)
Stoeger X-20 RAMmed by Gene and Tuna trigger
Winchester 1000SX .177 (semi-tuned by muwah)
Winchester 1000B RAMmed by Gene
Crosman 1377 "Goldfinger"
Disco .22 Multi-Shot Custom

Ain't this a great place to be

Offline Gertrude

• "The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it."
  • GTA Moderator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2018, 03:35:54 PM »
So, to the point of this message in the first place, it is even more imperative that airgunners especially in CA represent as our community needs them to. We don't need added negative attention to our sport/hobby.

Thank you Sir,
Points well taken.
  • State of Confusion
HEY ! CHECK THIS OUT >>> FIND A LOCAL SHOOTING FRIEND ON THE GTA MEMBERS MAP ! ! !

CLICK HERE

(for your own privacy, the marker should not be placed at your exact address). just place the marker within a few miles of your home.

USE YOUR GTA SCREEN NAME WHEN PLACING YOUR MAP MARKER...So when others find you on the map, they can send you a PM here through the forum.

Offline bandg

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2018, 07:28:42 PM »
Agree with all points noted.  Awareness of other people and their property must be on everyone's mind anytime you shoot.  I take some exception to Back_Roads generalized comment about "idiots with powder burners" however.  Many of us shoot both and do so responsibly.  And I've seen more than a small number of idiots with airguns as well.  They can kill you just as dead.  Let's try to welcome all responsible shooters aboard.
  • Hensley, Arkansas

Online chrisbee

• Shooter
  • Here to learn...
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2018, 12:58:38 PM »
I too firmly agree with what's been said here. But, I'd like to ask you what you think about this...

So, I'm going through the 'New Member Introductions' trying to up my post count to the minimum needed to attach pictures and links and come across this...

I have been into PCP's for about 15 years. I now own a Edgun R5M, two Red Wolfes, two Atamans, Veterand shorty, Huben K1, Vulcan 2, Compact FX and a few more. I shoot targets in my wooded backyard. I shoot wild bushes(trimming them back), also I stop shooting chipmonks(to easy to kill) and shoot their tails half way off. This earns them free rights to eat sunflower seeds free of harm. I do the same on squirrels. I live in a major city down south and only have one other friend that shoots and that is it. I have met some great friend in the PCP community by buying and selling on the internet

I don't understand how well respected members can 'Welcome' this person without reservation?  I couldn't.
  • Manchester, Ct., U.S.
Crosman 760
Crosman Venom, .22
Beeman P1, .22
Benjamin Synrod, .22 w/Athlon Talos BTR ffp

Offline Gertrude

• GTA Moderator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2018, 02:03:46 PM »
I too firmly agree with what's been said here. But, I'd like to ask you what you think about this...

So, I'm going through the 'New Member Introductions' trying to up my post count to the minimum needed to attach pictures and links and come across this...

I have been into PCP's for about 15 years. I now own a Edgun R5M, two Red Wolfes, two Atamans, Veterand shorty, Huben K1, Vulcan 2, Compact FX and a few more. I shoot targets in my wooded backyard. I shoot wild bushes(trimming them back), also I stop shooting chipmonks(to easy to kill) and shoot their tails half way off. This earns them free rights to eat sunflower seeds free of harm. I do the same on squirrels. I live in a major city down south and only have one other friend that shoots and that is it. I have met some great friend in the PCP community by buying and selling on the internet

I don't understand how well respected members can 'Welcome' this person without reservation?  I couldn't.
I agree with you. I can not welcome someone who feels torture is a viable and acceptable option in any shooting sport. It is completely against what any responsible shooter knows and practices. What comes next ? Shooting just one wing off of Starlings ?
  • State of Confusion

CLICK HERE

How do you word it... "Air Guns" or "AirGuns"?