North GA fun shoot and BBQ October 9th

Author Topic: North GA fun shoot and BBQ October 9th  (Read 21345 times))

Offline GoneShootn

• Marksman
  • yes
Re: North GA fun shoot and BBQ October 9th
« Reply #280 on: December 01, 2016, 10:45:28 AM »
LOL, you guys didn't think it was this quick huh? Seriously maybe my expectations were a little on the high side, but I received the Nova Tuesday and I am not happy with it. The wood finishing was on par, but the metals had a lot of rough edges. It was a little heavy and longer than I had anticipated (even longer than my RAW HM1000x) . I thought to myself, if I was going to spend this much and only getting this I might as well cough up a little more and jump to the Air Arms or BSA price range.  :-\

Yep. I would agree. Of course, you may not get a quality bottle gun in that range, but I don't know.
  • Barnesville, Georgia
Benjamin Marauder .25, Gen 2, Hawke Sidewinder 6-24x56
Hatsan AT44 Long .25, synthetic stock, tuned by BWalton, Hawke Airmax 4-16x50
Hatsan AT44 Short .177, synthetic stock, Centerpoint 4-16x40
Hatsan AT44 Tactical QE .22, Hawke Vantage 4-12x40
LDC aka moderator aka suppressor by BWalton, used for both non-QE Hatsans
ShoeboxMax compressor
California Air Tools 5510SE booster compressor
Ninja 90 cu in carbon fiber bottle
Hill MK3 pump
MRodAir (Huben) pump

Offline Rallyshark

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #281 on: December 01, 2016, 11:37:35 PM »
LOL, you guys didn't think it was this quick huh? Seriously maybe my expectations were a little on the high side, but I received the Nova Tuesday and I am not happy with it. The wood finishing was on par, but the metals had a lot of rough edges. It was a little heavy and longer than I had anticipated (even longer than my RAW HM1000x) . I thought to myself, if I was going to spend this much and only getting this I might as well cough up a little more and jump to the Air Arms or BSA price range.  :-\

I knew they were heavy.  That's bites about the quality man :(  I have seen more and more people with QC issues on their Hatsans lately.  It is starting to look like they need to get their &^^& together!  Those BSA R10 Mk2s do look nice :D  I actually think those Cometa rifles look nice too, and say AD had them in stock.... 
  • Dacula, GA
Bullboss .22, 30 F.P.E. Regulated
(65+ F.P.E. unregulated)
Flash .177, 56 shots at 19 F.P.E.j Regulated
(40+ F.P.E. unregulated)
PP700S-A .177 15 F.P.E. Regulated
(25+ F.P.E. unregulated)
Gamo Accu 177 pew pew pew F.P.E.

I may have Alzheimers, but at least
I don't have Alzheimers...

Offline tinsoldier

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #282 on: December 02, 2016, 04:00:37 PM »
Well..I decided to jump onto Steve's Boat instead. I was pretty impress at the finishing and weight of the P12,  so after seeing MrodAir had a Christmas special today I had to cave in. This is going to be my son's gun and the P12 had all the criterias I was looking for (reasonably priced, bullpup, and light). 
  • Atlanta
.25 Vulcan
.25 RAW HM1000X
.30 Impact
.22 Brocock S6

Offline GD Giles

• Cheap Shot
  • Expert
    • Cheap Shot
« Reply #283 on: December 02, 2016, 05:38:07 PM »
Sounds good. Bring him shooting with you sometime!
  • Columbus, GA
Hatsan Mod 95 Vortex .22 w/UTG 4-16x40AO
Hatsan Gladius .25 Long w/UTG 3-12x44 AO/IR/SWAT
Umarex Strike Point .22

He played like he was in jail, behind a few bars and couldn't find the key.

Offline blackdiesel

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #284 on: December 02, 2016, 05:44:56 PM »
Well..I decided to jump onto Steve's Boat instead. I was pretty impress at the finishing and weight of the P12,  so after seeing MrodAir had a Christmas special today I had to cave in. This is going to be my son's gun and the P12 had all the criterias I was looking for (reasonably priced, bullpup, and light).

Sounds like you should have kept your Cricket BP.  After he get hooked on PCPs he's going to be mad at you for not giving him that gun  ;D
  • Atlanta, GA

Offline GD Giles

• Cheap Shot
  • Expert
    • Cheap Shot
« Reply #285 on: December 02, 2016, 07:06:52 PM »
Amen!
  • Columbus, GA
Hatsan Mod 95 Vortex .22 w/UTG 4-16x40AO
Hatsan Gladius .25 Long w/UTG 3-12x44 AO/IR/SWAT
Umarex Strike Point .22

He played like he was in jail, behind a few bars and couldn't find the key.

Offline smythsg

• Expert
« Reply #286 on: December 03, 2016, 02:05:23 AM »
Congrats Trin, the P12 is still treating me very well and I am sure your son will love it if you ever give him a turn with it... ;D You may want to consider the hammer debounce if you did not order it with one. Cuts down on the overall power capability, but a smoother shot cycle and I can still get 25 shots at approximately 40 ft lbs with 21 gn Cudas.
  • North Atlanta, Georgia
Current Hunting Buddies:
SPA M16 .25 cal; Hatsan 25 Supercharger Vortex .177; Airforce Condor .25 Ring-Loc Valve; Nova Liberty .22 cal

PCPs currently filled with 110 v Yong Heng Compressor

Others I have owned and enjoyed:
MrodAir M10; MrodAir P12; AirForce Escape; Hatsan Bullboss; Hatsan BT65 Elite; Hatsan BT65 QE; Hatsan 135; Umarex Octane .25 custom; FDPCP GEN1; FDPCP GEN2; ; Nitro Venom Dusk .177; Nitro Venom Dusk .22; Trail NP; Crosman Phantom; Crosman 1377

Offline GoneShootn

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #287 on: December 03, 2016, 10:04:40 AM »
Congrats Trin, the P12 is still treating me very well and I am sure your son will love it if you ever give him a turn with it... ;D You may want to consider the hammer debounce if you did not order it with one. Cuts down on the overall power capability, but a smoother shot cycle and I can still get 25 shots at approximately 40 ft lbs with 21 gn Cudas.

Are those single shots or repeaters?
  • Barnesville, Georgia
Benjamin Marauder .25, Gen 2, Hawke Sidewinder 6-24x56
Hatsan AT44 Long .25, synthetic stock, tuned by BWalton, Hawke Airmax 4-16x50
Hatsan AT44 Short .177, synthetic stock, Centerpoint 4-16x40
Hatsan AT44 Tactical QE .22, Hawke Vantage 4-12x40
LDC aka moderator aka suppressor by BWalton, used for both non-QE Hatsans
ShoeboxMax compressor
California Air Tools 5510SE booster compressor
Ninja 90 cu in carbon fiber bottle
Hill MK3 pump
MRodAir (Huben) pump

Offline tinsoldier

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #288 on: December 03, 2016, 11:51:17 AM »
Jere, it is their single shot model. He has it at $580 shipped for test and tuned with a hammer debouncer. He does sell an upgraded breech to use with the Marauder Magazine.

Steve, what pellets does your p12 like? Every review I read, they recommended JSB 14 and 18gr.
  • Atlanta
.25 Vulcan
.25 RAW HM1000X
.30 Impact
.22 Brocock S6

Offline smythsg

• Expert
« Reply #289 on: December 03, 2016, 04:16:35 PM »
Trin, it is not too pellet picky, I have had good success with the Crosman Ultra mags in 14.3, JSB 15.89, JSB 18, and of course my goto pellet is the Baracuda 21 gn. This morning at the WMA I was shooting at carefully selected pine cones ( sized to represent a starling) at a lazered 100 yards and the Cudas made it seem easy.

The Ultra Mags will give you about 40+ shots at about 925 fps, JSB 15.89 about the same. The JSB 18 gn were shooting a ragged hole at 35 yards the last time I played with them, but the Cudas are giving me 40 ft lbs with a nice bcc for hunting and are dead on as well. With the power levels lowered  using the Ultra Mags I could shoot the gun in the Den and they might not hear it in the kitchen... ;D

My current scope is a Hawke Vantage SF half mil-dot and I may see if the folks at SWFA will have a Christmas sale as I could not take advantage of the one at Turkey Day.

Standard sling studs can be mounted to the stock, and I have the trigger adjusted so that there is very little first stage and a pull of about 1 lb so you can easily set yours up to the way you like it.

I hope you both enjoy the P12 as much as I have mine.
  • North Atlanta, Georgia
Current Hunting Buddies:
SPA M16 .25 cal; Hatsan 25 Supercharger Vortex .177; Airforce Condor .25 Ring-Loc Valve; Nova Liberty .22 cal

PCPs currently filled with 110 v Yong Heng Compressor

Others I have owned and enjoyed:
MrodAir M10; MrodAir P12; AirForce Escape; Hatsan Bullboss; Hatsan BT65 Elite; Hatsan BT65 QE; Hatsan 135; Umarex Octane .25 custom; FDPCP GEN1; FDPCP GEN2; ; Nitro Venom Dusk .177; Nitro Venom Dusk .22; Trail NP; Crosman Phantom; Crosman 1377

How do you word it... "Air Guns" or "AirGuns"?
Sponsored Ad:

Sponsored Ad: