My Experiences

Author Topic: My Experiences  (Read 1102 times))

Offline dv8eod

• Just another
  • Expert
  • yes
My Experiences
« on: January 19, 2016, 02:24:22 PM »
I have only had two rifles tuned, but here is how they went. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about either one, but I am probably going to get long winded trying to spout the good.

The first one was my Gamo Whisper that I asked Oletomcat to smooth out. He did such a fine job that it was noticeable to others that just listened to it fire. Due to my odd work schedule, I had to leave it with him for a few months and he didn't mind as there was no implied rush to get it done. But I got to say, it was worth the wait. A nice crisp trigger, no more buzz from the spring, and a little more oomph out the end of the barrel. It handles the heavier pellets alot better now than it did before. A much more consistant shooter now. Thanks, Al.

The second was my Evanix Sniper that I asked Will Piatt to take a look at. It had some issues straight off that seemed likely to benefit from his expertise. Being 2 hours away from him makes it easy to drop off and pick up when my turn comes up in         his appointment book. He asked what I wanted done and how many shots I would like to get, and then gave exactly that. I can tell just how much air I have left just by what shot number I am on. And it's consistant, too. I refill at the same point everytime. Well, ok, it might be +/- 20psi. Having the tune done also brought another issue to light that Will is going to correct. I have total faith in his abilities and know when all is said and done, i'll have an outstanding sledge hammer. Thanks, Will.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to pm and i'll do my best to answer.
  • South Carolina
Gamo Whisper .177- OleTomCat Tuned   Daisy Model 102
Crosman/Umarex Nighthawk .177      Benjamin Model 262 .22 Rocket
Crosman 1600 Powermatic     Chinese Sea Lion B-1 .177
Benjamin WoodsWalker .22     Evanix Tactical Sniper .45- Will Piatt tuned
Crosman 2040 .20    Gamo Viper Express Shotgun
Crosman 1377 .177 Carbine      Brocock Compatto .177
MrodAir CP-1M .177                  Kalibrgun Cricket Carbine .25
Air Ordnance SMG .22     Ataman AP-16 .22

GTA - The best place for discussion about Air Guns.

Sponsored Ad: