GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Back Room

***Understanding MAP Pricing*** Everyone here should read this!!!

(1/4) > >>

ezman604:
I'm familiar with the term MAP Pricing. I've heard it a lot. But I guess I never really understood it. I understand the reasoning behind it though. It's a way a manufacturer can keep a level playing field between ALL of its distributors.

M (minimum)
A (advertised)
P (pricing)

Now...here is the thing. A lot of manufacturers require a dealer to use MAP. BUT, as the acronym states, this is ADVERTISED pricing. Any dealer has the right to sell a product at ANY price, even including at a loss if they wish. So, any dealer/vendor has the opportunity and right to offer special UNADVERTISED discounts. Such as a GTA member discount. Or a one time special discount only available IF YOU CALL an order in.
Can you see where I'm going with this?
Recently there have been vendors offer a discount or special pricing. Some offer to BEAT any advertised price, sorta like Lowe's and other businesses do. Not just to match prices, but to BEAT the advertised price. And folks, all you have to do is CALL.
So, some have offered discounts or let it be known they can beat any price yet they are chastised for not publishing these prices. That's not how it works. And up until this morning, I was not fully aware how MAP pricing worked.
Let's take the time and effort to save money, how about it. Just make a phone call and compare an advertised price when a vendor says they can meet or beat a price. And if you're looking at an airgun or related equipment, compare prices then call any vendor to see if they can beat the advertised price. Don't be surprised when a few minutes and a phone call saves you a LOT of money as well as establishes a human connection in case you need service in the future!!!
Maybe this helped some understand MAP and how to handle it. Now, go take advantage of those excellent discounts and price beating guarantees we have at our disposal!!!
And as always....
SAFE & Happy Shooting!!!!
Dave
 8)

Bicycleman:
Here is another acronym that has been added to the list.  I did know about this but had not seen it in a long while.  Thanks you GTA Vendors for bringing this MAP back.

Joe Brancato:
Thank you so very much for clearing this up Dave.

Bicycleman:
Joe, I am in the process of adding MAP (along with its definition) to the "Abbreviations/Acronyms” thread Abbreviations / Acronyms that many on the GTA Forum read.  Thank you for your contribution to that thread and the Forum.

Joe Brancato:

--- Quote from: Bicycleman on April 05, 2017, 11:38:10 AM ---Joe, I am in the process of adding MAP (along with its definition) to the "Abbreviations/Acronyms” thread Abbreviations / Acronyms that many on the GTA Forum read.  Thank you for your contribution to that thread and the Forum.

--- End quote ---

Don't thank me, Thank Dave (EZ).  Dave took the time to explain it to the forum, hence this forum will continue to get special pricing. 

I can now offer guaranteed best pricing on any airgun and/or accessory.  (Simple as that).

If one wants to see our prices, they can go to our websites below. If they see a better a similar price somewhere else (because we must list at MAP), then CALL and we can talk.
http://experthpa.com/cart/cart.php
or
http://www.topgun-airguns.com/

You guys can't imagine the deals on scopes, rifles, etc. I am willing to put together.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version