Thank you to our advertisers!

Author Topic: Crosman 22xx multi shot breech on eBay  (Read 199 times - 1 votes) 
)

Offline threesuns

• Plinker
  • yes
Crosman 22xx multi shot breech on eBay
« on: March 15, 2022, 01:37:16 PM »
Anybody else mess with 1 of these?

+1 seller offered a discount
+1 item arrived quickly with everything but the 4-40 breech screw (which is mentioned in the ad)
+1 stainless hardware
+1 use any 7/16 barrel, cut to desired length at breech. no need to machine a new TP

+/- pretty dirty with left over bits from machining. But I had planned on disassembly for clean & paint.
+/- comes right hand only … BUT was easily converted to left by drilling & tapping the bolt 8/32 on the opposite side
+/- TP is really tight for OEM but he will open up. I plan to run a poly port.
      Not sure about all that open space between the TP & barrel. I may address that B4 final assembly
+/- bolt probe is stout & square cut (could dig in & grab the skirt of soft lead pellets). while is was out I polished it & rounded
      the tip just a bit.

-1 Biggest issue (for my part) was inserting the barrel. With set screws out, 1 inch in it got so tight, I had to clamp the barrel
    in my vise & tap the breech with a piece of wood to get it back out. I was thinking this would be nice to try different barrel
    lengths, choked/no choke, rifling twists ect. Not sure if it was machine intentionally to be so tight but I opened it up till
    about 3/16 from from butting up to his part with the probe seal & leade
  • USA, NY, Buffalo

Offline sb327

• Expert
  • yes
Re: Crosman 22xx multi shot breech on eBay
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2022, 03:03:06 PM »
I would count the barrel being too tight it needed fitting as a good thing.

Dave
  • USA, OK, Stigler
Dave

Offline threesuns

• Plinker
  • yes
Re: Crosman 22xx multi shot breech on eBay
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2022, 10:22:17 AM »
here’s how I addressed the xtra void in the throat between the TP & barrel … spent .22lr case, slotted with dremil till just fit. New throat is just over 11/64. Still have to open the rest of the way to chamber to match so only potential restriction will be the actual TP.

With the delrin retainer for the probe O-ring, pellet clipping shouldn’t be an issue with the wider port opening.
  • USA, NY, Buffalo