GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Hunting Gate

Shot Placement,...More Skulls, More Pictures

<< < (2/15) > >>

Mod90:
Thanks for the feedback Manny. Very much appreciated.

Somehow I feel as though you might still be able to stretch the range out by quite a bit more. Assuming H&N 31 grains at approximately 940 fps, I would think with 55-60 fpe at the muzzle you'd be able to stretch it to 50 yards for 45fpe at POI or up to 70 yards for 40 fpe at POI if you so desired. Providing that BC for those pellets is at least 75% accurate that is.

I'm looking forward to more of your postings.

dcorvino:
Thank you for the info Manny
Very informative and always great to see your hunts.

Dave

Nomadic Pirate:
When I started down this avenue of Hunting Wild Hogs with airguns there wasn't really any Info on Headshots, it was all big Bore Heart and Lungs shots, my experiance was in Bow Hunting and that was all body shots too.

I did a lot of testing and anatomical research before even trying my fist boar, and still after 6 years continue to try learn as much as I can on those subjects,.....we never know enough :) :)

Nomadic Pirate:

--- Quote from: Mod90 on October 24, 2014, 10:37:59 PM ---Thanks for the feedback Manny. Very much appreciated.

Somehow I feel as though you might still be able to stretch the range out by quite a bit more. Assuming H&N 31 grains at approximately 940 fps, I would think with 55-60 fpe at the muzzle you'd be able to stretch it to 50 yards for 45fpe at POI or up to 70 yards for 40 fpe at POI if you so desired. Providing that BC for those pellets is at least 75% accurate that is.

I'm looking forward to more of your postings.

--- End quote ---

50-70 yards would not be a Problem at all with this power IMO, that king of distance for a shot practically never presents itself here so I focus and have my guns ready to take the -/+ 30 yards shot because in reality that is all I get,
easier to have a 10 yard shot than a 40 here :) :) :)

Mod90:
Yeah I figured as much Manny. As hunters we only get to take the shots that we are presented with.
Long distance shots are more fun tho. It takes a lot more focus & skill to make a clean kill past 60 yards with an AG. And that's exactly why I personally prefer the longer shots when I'm hunting. I usually let game go if it's anything closer than 20 yards.
But still, meat on the table is meat on the table, & I doubt the critters care about how far away we are when we pull the trigger.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version