GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Vintage Air Gun Gate

Blue streak valve removal question

(1/12) > >>

jlp920:
 Hey again folks,
 I am doing an overhaul of my old '77 blue streak, and I made my own valve tool to get out the retaining nut. Will I be able to push the rest of the valve out from the other end using a wooden dowel?
I wasn't sure whether there was a fixed piece in the tube preventing this.
-Jesse

avator:
If I'm not mistaken that valve is soldered in.

Back_Roads:
Best to leave the valve in , and reassemble with new parts. If their a lead seal on the open end then it is a soldered valve.

jlp920:
Ah! So that's what soldered valve means, I had been wondering. Yes, I think you're right.
I understand that the valve tool has a female threaded end for final removal of valve guts, 275" x 27 tpi, I read.
Any suggestions on improvising one, or others means for removal of internals? Want to avoid buying the tool if I can help it (as I said, I made a tool to remove the nut).

avator:
If you could make it out of a threaded rod it would be an improvement over the "store bought" tool. That way you could add a washer and wingnut to twist and pull the "guts" out of the valve. Just a tip.... there should be 2 lead seals... one on top and one under the valve "guts". The one under the "guts" is hard to see. I'm not sure when the stopped using lead. Your gun may be different and may even have been resealed before. Make sure you get them both out. Reuse them if possible as opposed to the neoprene replacements.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version