GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Target Shooting Matches, Discussion & Events > Target Shooting Discussion Gate

Quietest 10m air rifle?

(1/4) > >>

truepaganini:
Hi everyone, I recently purchased a fwb 800 basic, and while I love it its pretty loud shooting indoors. Also there does not seem to be any threading on the barrel allowing for a moderator. I want to be able to shoot in my apartment so I was wondering if there were other options (pcp or otherwise) that are quieter or that are moderator compatible. thanks

DevilsLuck:
The Daisy 853s are very quiet. And very accurate to boot.

ac12:
You might have to go backwards to a spring rifle like the FWB-300.  But they are not as accurate as CA rifles, because of the moving mass of the spring, piston and sledge.  So if practicing for competition is you goal, the spring rifles won't work, they are not competitive today.

Taso1000:
If you're handy, you may be able to make a push in moderator like this:  https://airgunaccuracy.wordpress.com/push-in-silencer-sound-moderator-for-the-lg400/

The barrel does not go all the way to the end of the shroud so there is space at the end of the shroud for some lead dust collecting.   ;)

Taso

Blue:

--- Quote from: DevilsLuck on March 27, 2018, 05:38:24 AM ---The Daisy 853s are very quiet. And very accurate to boot.

--- End quote ---

Mine has more of a "snap!" sound than anything else. The only thing I can think of that would be quieter would be a CO2 setup (like something from the Crosman Custom Shop set up with a Lothar Walther barrel) coupled with a TKO.

Blue

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version