GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > China/Asian AirGun Gate

TF97

(1/1)

GumpIsrael:
I have what I am 90% sure is a TF97. I bought it thinking it was a B3-3, but upon real good inspection it turned out not to be.
Trigger is the same and I think a couple other parts.

I've averaged 3/4-1.5” groups at 10yrds so far, but I'm still tuning it and trying different things. So far I've polished and lubed the trigger, cut a few coils off the mainspring and polished the ends, Added washers to the underlever to take out slop, new breech seal, polished piston, shimmed existing piston seal, And lubed everything with a ARH lube kit.
I am going to recrown, and relube with ultimox 226 once I get my tool room cleaned out. I've also got some "old stock" piston seals on their way.

Anybody got any tips or tricks for these guns in specific?
I'll post some pics of it when I get home.

GumpIsrael:
Continued research has led me down a rabbit hole and through the space wreckage of the web. I've been browsing archived and derelict websites and finally found my rifle, specs on the length and dimensions are just right.

It is (drum roll please): a TF38-GD.

This rifle is a weird middle child that came about in between the debelopement of the TF97/99 and the B3 series. It was only made for a short while but should be compatible with major B3-1 parts.

TF89:
The internet can be very useful, can be a bit frustrating when what you are searching for is rare item.  Glad to hear you found the information you were seeking. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version