GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Vintage Air Gun Gate

The last Spanish bombers.

(1/6) > >>

Tiroflojo:
These carbines are two different weapons, but they are two equal weapons. In the photo: above "Akron" pumping rifle, below pumping rifle
 "Precisa K1".
  The Akron carbine was manufactured in the 1970s in a factory in the Basque armourer sector. From it were made few units. The patent was acquired by Modesto Cordobilla Lecumberi, who along with his brother, settled to manufacture them in Zaragoza. They added to the model of pumping a version that worked with a load of co2, that was added to the pumping. Thus it obtained greater speed of exit of the balín.
   They made several hundred of these weapons only in the late 1970s and early 1980s, as they had several problems in fine design adjustments: The pumping lever did not line up well with the camera shaft, and the pumping lever was expelled out of the rest of the weapon, when it was pumped.
   It was a guns built with metal, wood and little plastic. The shape is very elegant. The valve was too small and accepted nothing more than 4 pumping at most. They were designed to pull no further than 30m. With more pumping these carbines do not they increased their power and allowed only a little air to escape. The speed of the lightweight balin was about 150/160 mxsg. Its lime cannon. 177 only, it is very precise in the short distances. It has 6 stretch marks to the right.

Mole2017:
That is a pretty gun. Are these two the model with the pump and CO2? Thanks for posting.

Tiroflojo:
    No David, the two are pumping: up "Akron", down "Precisa K1". They are manufactured following the same plan and have the same components, but by two different Spanish companies and on different dates.
     The Akron first came to my collection and was in very bad condition, except for the woods. The bent barrel and the valve ruptured, with the bending screw and its deformed hole. The brass of the valve had the tip very marked by blows and all o, rings in poor condition. They had tried to pull the hammer valve with a metal bar from the inside of tube without removing the screw that holds it. I ordered to make a new one to a turner, and I gave him indications to make it a little bigger. Then I only had to shorten the distance of the piston stroke.
     Now it works better than new, accepts maximum of 6 pumps and moves the exact jsb pelet of 177 to 178 m xsg.Y and the cannon was put straight by luck. And it grouped very well. ;)

Hoosier Daddy:
OUTSTANDING!
Thank you for sharing those rare rifles Enrique.

TerryM:
  Very interesting indeed.  Thanks for sharing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version