GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Target Shooting Matches, Discussion & Events > Target Shooting Discussion Gate

So this is what it's all about!? - 2018 ISSF 10m Air Rifle World Cup video

<< < (2/5) > >>

DonC:
stinger,
my 10 meter is Feiverkbau 603. This is the last single stroke pneumatic they made. it's truly a work of art.
I used to own PCP Anshutz 2002.

Stinger177:
Nice! I'm even more jealous now.

I think my MP532 is about as close as I'll ever get to a good match rifle, or at least one that matches my ability.

It's truly a poor mans FWB. Looks Soviet, shoots Deutsche.

Is anyone still using SSP's in match shooting, even on an amateur level?

chico:

--- Quote from: Stinger177 on December 07, 2018, 12:10:08 AM --- . . . Is anyone still using SSP's in match shooting, even on an amateur level? . . .

--- End quote ---

i still see SSP's occasionally at ISSF matches . . . but mostly in pistols. the people shooting the Baikal's are shooting as well as anyone else - some better. rifle shooters are mostly PCP's now, but CO2's are still common as they are less expensive and are now considered "entry level"

i still see a fair amount of SSP's that come out for recreational shooting

--- Quote from: DonC on December 06, 2018, 06:13:04 PM --- . . . Does anyone here have the elevated sights?
TIA

--- End quote ---

as Stinger177 said, contact http://champchoice.com/store/main.aspx for the sights you are looking for

Motorhead:
dead on your feet ... for motion is your out !

ac12:

--- Quote from: DonC on December 06, 2018, 06:13:04 PM ---I have a 10 meter Feinwerkbau however my front and rear sights are not elevated like these shooters. I assume this allows a more heads up stance. these "standoffs" must be avalable some where. Does anyone here have the elevated sights?
TIA

--- End quote ---

Yes, that is so that the shooter does not have to lay his face down on the stock.  An upright head helps with balance.  So you will also see some (RH shooters) cant the rifle to the left, so the head can be even more upright.  That is how I shoot, head upright and rifle canted to the left.

Sight riser blocks are available in different heights.
But make sure you specify the rifle brand, as the sight rails are slightly different between some brands.
They even have off-set riser blocks, that shift the sight to the side.  That is for us canters, so we don't have to cant the rifle so much.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version